What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
the specs from video if true are great single weapons system to support both 5.56 and 7.62 x XX not sure if 39 or 51 but i guess both

folding stock or can be removed, baraell length options so this can replace both G3 and type 56 or even M16s/M14 with some units

Silencer option as well, a video on Web claims cz was influenced by SCAR and it's internal mechanism and external look and feel or form are same as SCAR but it's 70-80% of the cost of SCAR

Last edited:
dsc_0300-jpg.357045

The rifle in the hands of this gentlemen is the 5.56mm NATO variant designated CZ806, the rifle in the poster is a 7.62x39mm variant and is designated CZ807. I thought 806 would be a multicalibre rifle with both 5.56 NATO and 7.62x39mm kits available and that 807 was an old designation for the 7.62x39mm variant of the older 805 BREN 1.

PAs been offered the 807 variant only then for trials according to the photos released by ISPR in March of this year.

Had CZUB reps there mentioned anything calibre conversion kit? Does anyone have photos of the receiver markings of the rifles found in the stalls? Anyone has full photo of the CZUB poster?

What do you guys prefer the Berretta or the cz bren and why
which rifle do you prefer?

dsc_0300-jpg.357045

The rifle in the hands of this gentlemen is the 5.56mm NATO variant designated CZ806, the rifle in the poster is a 7.62x39mm variant and is designated CZ807. I thought 806 would be a multicalibre rifle with both 5.56 NATO and 7.62x39mm kits available and that 807 was an old designation for the 7.62x39mm variant of the older 805 BREN 1.

PAs been offered the 807 variant only then for trials according to the photos released by ISPR in March of this year.

Had CZUB reps there mentioned anything calibre conversion kit? Does anyone have photos of the receiver markings of the rifles found in the stalls? Anyone has full photo of the CZUB poster?
the picture when expanded to full size, pay close attention to the magwell. now i can only assume by looking this pic that the magwell can be interchanged to accept different magazines! @Suff Shikan is in the photo he might know better? as for 807 there is not much info on the web at present!

actually what do you prefer the bren or the beretta , and why
i prefer the cz bren
have you been through this entire thread? because I am open to any rifle being selected and then we have Hazrat @Zarvan who is betting life and limb on FN SCAR.

I like BREN if it calibre can be switched between 556 to x39 then it's great for Special Forces, Military & Law Enforcement. Then you just need a x51 rifle and that is what we are waiting for! I was pro SCAR then I began to loath the rifle and settled for ARX200.

have you been through this entire thread? because I am open to any rifle being selected and then we have Hazrat @Zarvan who is betting life and limb on FN SCAR.

I like BREN if it calibre can be switched between 556 to x39 then it's great for Special Forces, Military & Law Enforcement. Then you just need a x51 rifle and that is what we are waiting for! I was pro SCAR then I began to loath the rifle and settled for ARX200.
Yeah i would defininetly love to go through this entire thread of 182 pages , sounds fun right

i thought soo

bren or be
I don't know but I am fed up of seeing Type 56 and G3 and that too mostly without optics with our soldiers. You have given them latest uniforms and latests vests and pads now helmets and Assault Rifle is needed. I support SCAR most but would be happy if Bren or Beretta come the two rifles I hated are out of the competition. They were AK-103 and that Serbian Gun
bren or beretta

which rifle do you prefer?

the picture when expanded to full size, pay close attention to the magwell. now i can only assume by looking this pic that the magwell can be interchanged to accept different magazines! @Suff Shikan is in the photo he might know better? as for 807 there is not much info on the web at present!

@Zarvan @Path-Finder This might help
http://www.czub.cz/en/blog/2016/09/16/cz-807-torture-test/
Look at figure C and its explanation.
1.jpg

2.jpg

From same source
3.jpg

480689_c56d21fa597b4a76a6d0867fbfd74955.jpg

CZ 807 BREN has emerged as the finalist in Pakistan Army Service rifle trials to replace 7.62×39mm Chinese Type 56 rifles, ARMÁDNÍ NOVINY reported quoting Director of Military weapons in České zbrojovce, Martin Šanda. Special version CZ 807 BREN (Soviet 7.62×39mm) was offered to the Pakistan Army.

"Czech arms industry has successfully participated in the tender for the rearmament of the Pakistani army with it's CZ 807. Of the original eight candidates which met the extremely rigorous demands of the Pakistani army, there were only three finalists, including the CZ 807. For an idea of the scope of testing, I can say that the tests were conducted throughout 2016, in all weather conditions from the Himalayan glaciers, where the temperature dropped below -40° C up to the jungle or desert, where they climbed to the contrary, we recorded + 54° C, "
commented Martin Šanda, on the Pakistani tender.

"Apart from these tests conducted directly by users of the combat units and weapons, they were tested in laboratory "under applicable methodologies". CZ 807 was evaluated as the best in the context of user tests, for example, but also as the most accurate direct comparison of standardized absolute world elite. Additionally, the testing was attended throughout by CZ representatives who collected valuable data for further development of service weapons. Some of them spent most of the year in Pakistan in difficult conditions," Šanda added.

3-jpg.358586

2-jpg.358584

1-jpg.358583

Last edited:
480689_c56d21fa597b4a76a6d0867fbfd74955.jpg

CZ 807 BREN has emerged as the finalist in Pakistan Army Service rifle trials to replace 7.62×39mm Chinese Type 56 rifles, ARMÁDNÍ NOVINY reported quoting Director of Military weapons in České zbrojovce, Martin Šanda. Special version CZ 807 BREN (Soviet 7.62×39mm) was offered to the Pakistan Army.

"Czech arms industry has successfully participated in the tender for the rearmament of the Pakistani army with it's CZ 807. Of the original eight candidates which met the extremely rigorous demands of the Pakistani army, there were only three finalists, including the CZ 807. For an idea of the scope of testing, I can say that the tests were conducted throughout 2016, in all weather conditions from the Himalayan glaciers, where the temperature dropped below -40° C up to the jungle or desert, where they climbed to the contrary, we recorded + 54° C, "
commented Martin Šanda, on the Pakistani tender.

"Apart from these tests conducted directly by users of the combat units and weapons, they were tested in laboratory "under applicable methodologies". CZ 807 was evaluated as the best in the context of user tests, for example, but also as the most accurate direct comparison of standardized absolute world elite. Additionally, the testing was attended throughout by CZ representatives who collected valuable data for further development of service weapons. Some of them spent most of the year in Pakistan in difficult conditions," Šanda added.
Now waiting for G3 replacement winner

Back
Top Bottom