What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
well hazrat zarvan as it appears that CZ may pull a x51 rifle or even a dual calibre rifle that can switch from x39 to x51 from their pattari! :laugh::laugh:. No FN SCAR but CZ SCAR :whistle::whistle:much likely :lol::lol:

Bren is not multi caliber. That is they separately came up with 7.62 X 39 and still now have revealed 7.62 x 51 either it doesn't exist until now or they are developing it. So until they come up with that and Pakistan tests that and it passes tests I am not ready to rule out Berreta ARX 200 and SCAR H.

@Horus @balixd

Bren is not multi caliber. That is they separately came up with 7.62 X 39 and still now have revealed 7.62 x 51 either it doesn't exist until now or they are developing it. So until they come up with that and Pakistan tests that and it passes tests I am not ready to rule out Berreta ARX 200 and SCAR H.

@Horus @balixd
hazrat zarvan let's wait and see because the competition has not lived up to some peoples expectations, we should celebrate the x39 CZ SCAR and not be disheartened for still no decision on x51 :azn::azn:

hazrat zarvan let's wait and see because the competition has not lived up to some peoples expectations, we should celebrate the x39 CZ SCAR and not be disheartened for still no decision on x51 :azn::azn:
I am not even sure that the MOU signed was for 7.62 X 39 or any version of Bren. I am waiting for official announcement. If Bren had won even 7.62 X 39 caliber contract they would have announced it by now. But both sides are silent so any idea why ? Because winning our contract is biggest promotion for Bren but no news any idea why ??????????????

I am not even sure that the MOU signed was for 7.62 X 39 or any version of Bren. I am waiting for official announcement. If Bren had won even 7.62 X 39 caliber contract they would have announced it by now. But both sides are silent so any idea why ? Because winning our contract is biggest promotion for Bren but no news any idea why ??????????????
1*dZO2YdcHlHCzM1ww0heU2Q.jpeg

see the FN rep at the back and former COAS inspecting BREN, there maybe a hidden message in there :lol::lol:

1*dZO2YdcHlHCzM1ww0heU2Q.jpeg

see the FN rep at the back and former COAS inspecting BREN, there maybe a hidden message in there :lol::lol:
If MOU has been signed for producing Bren Assault Rifles than why no announcement. PM also checked various other weapons you want to tell me we are going for all of them. Stop joking around this no announcement for any side is confusing

If MOU has been signed for producing Bren Assault Rifles than why no announcement. PM also checked various other weapons you want to tell me we are going for all of them. Stop joking around this no announcement for any side is confusing
zarvan i cannot understand even after a year, why is this life and death for you? i laugh it off but you suffer from self inflicting jolts!

zarvan i cannot understand even after a year, why is this life and death for you? i laugh it off but you suffer from self inflicting jolts!
I don't know but I am fed up of seeing Type 56 and G3 and that too mostly without optics with our soldiers. You have given them latest uniforms and latests vests and pads now helmets and Assault Rifle is needed. I support SCAR most but would be happy if Bren or Beretta come the two rifles I hated are out of the competition. They were AK-103 and that Serbian Gun

I don't know but I am fed up of seeing Type 56 and G3 and that too mostly without optics with our soldiers. You have given them latest uniforms and latests vests and pads now helmets and Assault Rifle is needed. I support SCAR most but would be happy if Bren or Beretta come the two rifles I hated are out of the competition. They were AK-103 and that Serbian Gun
yea but making this life and death matter is fanatically extreme!

30 days at most. they are not redesigning the whole platform, just the barrel, mag well, and bolt assembly

The only issue is coming up with new caliber could take a year. And I don't think Pakistan will wait for a year more first to caliber to come and than they test it for next 6 months. If Bren caliber x 51 doesn't exist till now than I have serious doubts that Pakistan will wait for a year or two more to caliber to come up and than test it again.

Well until 7.62 X 51 Bren comes I don't see the deal happening but if 7.62 X 51 has been tested than BREN could come but now hopefully we would also go for optics and other systems with rifles also POF needs to massively increase its production rate.

Why not 7.62*39? The type-56's already widely used in service use this ammo type too.

Pakistan loves 7.62 X 51. We shifted to Type 56 because G3 had issues in Close Combat
I am sure because it was due to the combat and tactics that called for a intermediate cartridge for WOT and x39 filled that void perfectly. x51 was also used but the x39 was the right calibre for the job in this COIN conflict. In War x51 with x39 will be used with focus more on x51. rifle was what was available on the spot with no time for trials. now trials have been done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom