What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Most certainly someone has done a better job than me in this video.

I have checked with all the friends who went to IDEAS 2016. One even worked there all 4 days. No BREN 7.62 X 51 was shown. No Bren 7.62 X 51 till this date exists

I have checked with all the friends who went to IDEAS 2016. One even worked there all 4 days. No BREN 7.62 X 51 was shown. No Bren 7.62 X 51 till this date exists
zarvan did i say there was a x51 BREN there? no i did not? so stop quoting me that i did! secondly I said maybe it is in development phase! two completely different things, now if you have friends in CZ then tell me your friends told you about there being no x51 BREN in development!!

zarvan did i say there was a x51 BREN there? no i did not? so stop quoting me that i did! secondly I said maybe it is in development phase! two completely different things, now if you have friends in CZ then tell me your friends told you about there being no x51 BREN in development!!
Zarvan will only be happy for over FN Scar .

Zarvan will only be happy for over FN Scar .
Yes I would be happy but not so sad if Berreta or Bren comes. The two rifles I hated the most are out of the competition so I am satisfied with these 3 and out of them I support SCAR the most. As for now no 7.62 x 51 version of Bren exists. So if Pakistan is looking to wait for it other wise if plan to to stick with 7.62 x 51 caliber than either Berreta or SCAR H would and should come.

Yes I would be happy but not so sad if Berreta or Bren comes. The two rifles I hated the most are out of the competition so I am satisfied with these 3 and out of them I support SCAR the most. As for now no 7.62 x 51 version of Bren exists. So if Pakistan is looking to wait for it other wise if plan to to stick with 7.62 x 51 caliber than either Berreta or SCAR H would and should come.
zarvan, read this article and it will say CZ made 7.62x39 for indian military at request! multicaliber version of the BREN can be converted to fire either 5.56 mm or 7.62x39mm. so whats prevents CZ with coming up with x51 BREN at request? answer me?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/10/03/cz807-upgraded-cz805a2-semi-auto-cz805s1/

zarvan, read this article and it will say CZ made 7.62x39 for indian military at request! multicaliber version of the BREN can be converted to fire either 5.56 mm or 7.62x39mm. so whats prevents CZ with coming up with x51 BREN at request? answer me?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/10/03/cz807-upgraded-cz805a2-semi-auto-cz805s1/
The only issue is coming up with new caliber could take a year. And I don't think Pakistan will wait for a year more first to caliber to come and than they test it for next 6 months. If Bren caliber x 51 doesn't exist till now than I have serious doubts that Pakistan will wait for a year or two more to caliber to come up and than test it again.

The only issue is coming up with new caliber could take a year. And I don't think Pakistan will wait for a year more first to caliber to come and than they test it for next 6 months. If Bren caliber x 51 doesn't exist till now than I have serious doubts that Pakistan will wait for a year or two more to caliber to come up and than test it again.
again that is your personal assessment and nothing more! how do you know that the Brass is not willing to wait? its all doubts and guess work, until something solid turns up let's all take a step back.

India Scared Again ! Lolllll MUST WATCH and SHARE. Neutral Assessment of Indo-Pak WAR. I request all Patriots to Share!

Zarvan Bro end of the day it would be political deal we have a lot going on with Italy including Avionics and Missles so if we add rifle with it we can get further sweet deals with Italy it always 2 way traffic .We may get 24 EF which Italian Airforce stored worth around 1.2 billion .But on other hand Belgiam has nothing to offer except few chocolates .

War is Boring's take on the issue:

War Is Boring
We go to war so you don’t have to
35 mins ago
1*dZO2YdcHlHCzM1ww0heU2Q.jpeg

Former chief of the army staff of the Pakistani army Gen. Raheel Sharif examines a BREN 2 chambered in 7.62-by-39 millimeters in March 2016. Source
Pakistan Is About to Buy a Half-Million New Rifles
A Czech weapon is the favorite

by MATTHEW MOSS

Pakistan is getting a new infantry rifle.

In late November at the IDEAS-2016 Expo in Karachi, Pakistan’s state-run arsenal Pakistan Ordnance Factories signed a letter of understanding with the Czech small arms manufacturer Česká Zbrojovka.

This suggests that Pakistan and C.Z. are about to begin negotiations for Pakistan to adopt, and eventually begin license-production of, C.Z.’s 806 BREN 2 rifle.

The Pakistani army launched a search for a new infantry rifle in November 2015. Preliminary trials took place at the beginning of 2016 with five rifles — the FN SCAR, CZ-806 BREN 2, Zastava M21, Beretta ARX-200 and Kalashnikov AK-103.

The army appears to have tentatively selected the CZ-806 BREN 2.

It’s unclear exactly which caliber the new Pakistani BREN 2 might fire, but initial reports suggested a move toward NATO’s standard 5.56-by-45-millimeter round. However, C.Z. appears to have also offered the BREN 2 chambered in 7.62-by-39-millimeter.

1*18FC008UU6SOPcbQ31V0XQ.jpeg

CZ’s new 806 BREN 2, this version chambered in the standard 5.56-by-45-millimeter NATO round. Source
Pakistani troops currently carry locally-produced Heckler & Koch G3A3 battle rifles chambered in 7.62-by-51 millimeters and Kalashnikov-style Chinese Type 56s chambered in 7.62-by-39 millimeter.

If Pakistan wishes to continue the established ammunition duality, C.Z. would have to to introduce the much-mooted 7.62-by-51-millimeter battle rifle variant of the BREN.

C.Z. and the POF “declared that they will intensively negotiate a delivery of complete technology for the production of small arms,” state-owned Radio-Pakistan reported. “Mutual interest refers to gradual launching of production in Pakistan, ranging from light assembly to maximum localization of production.”

The licensing deal could be similar to the one POF struck with Heckler & Koch to indigenously produce the G3. C.Z. would provide the necessary machinery and technical guidance to first manufacture some parts and assemble parts kits and later transition into fully-local production. Pakistan will need to reequip as many as half a million troops over the coming decade.

The BREN 2 is versatile and modular enough to meet multiple operational requirements — and could simplify training if Pakistan retains both the 7.62-by-39 and 7.62-by-51 calibers. C.Z.’s rifle is also more cost-effective to manufacture than the FN SCAR or Beretta ARX-200 are — an important factor for the cash-strapped Pakistani military.

The CZ-806 BREN 2 represents a massive improvement in capability and modularity over the Pakistani army’s current Cold War-era small arms. The 806 has the benefit of being a refinement of the earlier 805 used by the Czech armed forces. In 2015 C.Z. made weight and production cost reductions by improving the 806’s manufacturing process.

Following operational feedback from the Czech army, C.Z. made a number of ergonomic improvements to the 806, adding a new folding stock and a non-reciprocating cocking handle and adjusting to the rifle’s ambidextrous controls.

Pakistan adopting the 806 would be a huge boon to C.Z. But for the deal to move forward, C.Z. will probably need to offer commercial incentives such as overseas sales to help Pakistan spread out the cost of production.

War is Boring's take on the issue:

War Is Boring
We go to war so you don’t have to
35 mins ago
1*dZO2YdcHlHCzM1ww0heU2Q.jpeg

Former chief of the army staff of the Pakistani army Gen. Raheel Sharif examines a BREN 2 chambered in 7.62-by-39 millimeters in March 2016. Source
Pakistan Is About to Buy a Half-Million New Rifles
A Czech weapon is the favorite

by MATTHEW MOSS

Pakistan is getting a new infantry rifle.

In late November at the IDEAS-2016 Expo in Karachi, Pakistan’s state-run arsenal Pakistan Ordnance Factories signed a letter of understanding with the Czech small arms manufacturer Česká Zbrojovka.

This suggests that Pakistan and C.Z. are about to begin negotiations for Pakistan to adopt, and eventually begin license-production of, C.Z.’s 806 BREN 2 rifle.

The Pakistani army launched a search for a new infantry rifle in November 2015. Preliminary trials took place at the beginning of 2016 with five rifles — the FN SCAR, CZ-806 BREN 2, Zastava M21, Beretta ARX-200 and Kalashnikov AK-103.

The army appears to have tentatively selected the CZ-806 BREN 2.

It’s unclear exactly which caliber the new Pakistani BREN 2 might fire, but initial reports suggested a move toward NATO’s standard 5.56-by-45-millimeter round. However, C.Z. appears to have also offered the BREN 2 chambered in 7.62-by-39-millimeter.

1*18FC008UU6SOPcbQ31V0XQ.jpeg

CZ’s new 806 BREN 2, this version chambered in the standard 5.56-by-45-millimeter NATO round. Source
Pakistani troops currently carry locally-produced Heckler & Koch G3A3 battle rifles chambered in 7.62-by-51 millimeters and Kalashnikov-style Chinese Type 56s chambered in 7.62-by-39 millimeter.

If Pakistan wishes to continue the established ammunition duality, C.Z. would have to to introduce the much-mooted 7.62-by-51-millimeter battle rifle variant of the BREN.

C.Z. and the POF “declared that they will intensively negotiate a delivery of complete technology for the production of small arms,” state-owned Radio-Pakistan reported. “Mutual interest refers to gradual launching of production in Pakistan, ranging from light assembly to maximum localization of production.”

The licensing deal could be similar to the one POF struck with Heckler & Koch to indigenously produce the G3. C.Z. would provide the necessary machinery and technical guidance to first manufacture some parts and assemble parts kits and later transition into fully-local production. Pakistan will need to reequip as many as half a million troops over the coming decade.

The BREN 2 is versatile and modular enough to meet multiple operational requirements — and could simplify training if Pakistan retains both the 7.62-by-39 and 7.62-by-51 calibers. C.Z.’s rifle is also more cost-effective to manufacture than the FN SCAR or Beretta ARX-200 are — an important factor for the cash-strapped Pakistani military.

The CZ-806 BREN 2 represents a massive improvement in capability and modularity over the Pakistani army’s current Cold War-era small arms. The 806 has the benefit of being a refinement of the earlier 805 used by the Czech armed forces. In 2015 C.Z. made weight and production cost reductions by improving the 806’s manufacturing process.

Following operational feedback from the Czech army, C.Z. made a number of ergonomic improvements to the 806, adding a new folding stock and a non-reciprocating cocking handle and adjusting to the rifle’s ambidextrous controls.

Pakistan adopting the 806 would be a huge boon to C.Z. But for the deal to move forward, C.Z. will probably need to offer commercial incentives such as overseas sales to help Pakistan spread out the cost of production.

Well until 7.62 X 51 Bren comes I don't see the deal happening but if 7.62 X 51 has been tested than BREN could come but now hopefully we would also go for optics and other systems with rifles also POF needs to massively increase its production rate.

Well until 7.62 X 51 Bren comes I don't see the deal happening but if 7.62 X 51 has been tested than BREN could come but now hopefully we would also go for optics and other systems with rifles also POF needs to massively increase its production rate.
well hazrat zarvan as it appears that CZ may pull a x51 rifle or even a dual calibre rifle that can switch from x39 to x51 from their pattari! :laugh::laugh:. No FN SCAR but CZ SCAR :whistle::whistle:much likely :lol::lol:

Cx6Xjp8W8AADHRB.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/22/cz-bren-2-finally-makes-debut-international-market/
A good bet for the second customer is previously-mentioned Pakistan, to whom the 806 Bren 2 offers compatibility with 7.62x39mm ammunition in a very modern platform. The 806 Bren 2 may also be set to compete in the French competition to select a new rifle to replace the aging FAMAS.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...cz-806-bren-2-improved-modular-assault-rifle/

The CZ 806 Bren 2 introduced a number of amendments requested by the soldiers using weapons. First of all slimmed down carbine, mainly by removing excess material with aluminum castle chambers, reducing its mass by 0.5 kg. For comparison, the mass of subkarabinka CZ 805 Bren 1 A2 280 mm barrel is 3.39 / 4.10 kg (without iron sights and magazine / with a full magazine and sling), while his counterpart CZ 806 Bren 2 A2 of the same length barrel – only 2.76 / 2.99 kilograms.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/13/czech-army-buys-first-cz-806-bren-2-rifles/

The first contract, worth CZK417 million (USD16.6 million), is for the delivery of 2,600 CZ 806 Bren 2 rifles, 800 CZ 805 G1 underbarrel grenade launchers, 2,600 Meopta ZD-Dot red dot sights, 1,600 Meopta DV-Mag3 3x magnifiers, 1,450 Meopta NV-Mag3 night vision sights, 500 DBAL-A2 laser pointer/illuminator, and spare parts.

Long and Short barrels

1645998_-_main-660x371.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom