What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Well sir it is not actually MY idea. :) It is something that SOME people in key decision making posts and people with influence have in mind. I mean, there still are souls our there who will like to pursue an indigenous design. Reasons, i am not sure about but the route/path to that can be exactly same as you mentioned. Get ToT, get the techniques and technology and make some thousand of guns to get that local production going. Apply the ideas and skill acquired from that ToT in making a new design while keeping the line for imported design running for small batch induction in special units and for exports. Sounds interesting. The only thing is that the number of people in support of a local gun is not HUGE, they are not likely to have it there way but there surely would be talks and attempts made for that and we will all know about it then.
:)

Not sure. But MK 20 SSR is being offered to Civilians as well so i would guess it is something related to firing mechanism! Auto vs Semi-Auto etc. Other then that both are Sniper Support Rifles, both are compact and can be used in close combat as well if push comes to shove.

Here, you may find this helpful. It shows the "similarities" and thus you may be able to identify any "differences" (if any in specs)
View attachment 344666
Well other members suggest one is DMR and one is Sniper

Well other members suggest one is DMR and one is Sniper
FN calls both as Sniper Support Rifles. But yes i can see how these can be used as DMR but i think both of these will fit in for that role.
Anyway, have you read the page image i posted above? It will give you some details.

FN calls both as Sniper Support Rifles. But yes i can see how these can be used as DMR but i think both of these will fit in for that role.
Anyway, have you read the page image i posted above? It will give you some details.
Probably one version that's also offered to civilian does not allow suppressors to be attached ?

Tum logon nai sahi koi hateli pai sarson jama rakha hai. :P PDF ki tareekh mai itni sources nahi quote hoi hongi
jitni is thread pai ki gain hain.
EXACTLY!!
Tb he tu i have been trying to tone it down but awam is in hyper excited state.

Probably one version that's also offered to civilian does not allow suppressors to be attached ?
That can be one difference. The civilian version wont allow suppressors anyway.

EXACTLY!!
Tb he tu i have been trying to tone it down but awam is in hyper excited state.

That can be one difference. The civilian version wont allow suppressors anyway.
I just quoted the USA FN website which mainly deals with civilian market but both of these Sniper are available in both Military and Civilian version.

@Horus @Arsalan By the way Guys if we select SCAR would we get them with license to export it also. Specially for Military of other countries like KSA ???????

@Horus @Arsalan By the way Guys if we select SCAR would we get them with license to export it also. Specially for Military of other countries like KSA ???????
That is what will determine which gun we eventually opt for. Isn't this what i have been trying to tell you bahi for months now. What else you think i meant when i was using the words "better business proposal" :P

That is what will determine which gun we eventually opt for. Isn't this what i have been trying to tell you bahi for months now. What else you think i meant when i was using the words "better business proposal" :P
If we are ready to sell to KSA it should not be issue with Belgium. What I see strange is why would a company give another country right to sell Guns to any other country. When that company it self can make billions why not go for direct sale.

If we are ready to sell to KSA it should not be issue with Belgium. What I see strange is why would a company give another country right to sell Guns to any other country. When that company it self can make billions why not go for direct sale.
Bahi jan, you are still not getting the point and my problem is i have already said more than should have been said. Anyway, wait and watch and the options with the best business offer will secure the deal for Pakistan Army gun replacement. Once that is done the exports are very likely to follow.

Bahi jan, you are still not getting the point and my problem is i have already said more than should have been said. Anyway, wait and watch and the options with the best business offer will secure the deal for Pakistan Army gun replacement. Once that is done the exports are very likely to follow.
anything new sir

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom