What's new

Pakistan's Own BVRAAM under Project Azm.

Hi so if you calculate 85NM is comes to roughly 152 km but may be for static
Thank you

Hi so if you calculate 85NM is comes to roughly 152 km but may be for static
Thank you
The maximum range of any SAM or Air to air missile is always for static target or very slow moving such as a helicopter.
By the time a missile reaches maximum range, it has no fuel and no kinetic energy to maneuver.
Electronics are about to burn as coolant has depleted , and batteries about to drain.

The maximum range of any SAM or Air to air missile is always for static target or very slow moving such as a helicopter.
By the time a missile reaches maximum range, it has no fuel and no kinetic energy to maneuver.
Electronics are about to burn as coolant has depleted , and batteries about to drain.
Hi thanks for your reply So for a say we can say 120/130 km for moving targets is sufficient
Thank you

Hi thanks for your reply So for a say we can say 120/130 km for moving targets is sufficient
Thank you

Usually it's 60-70 % of the stated maximum range.
Then again it depends upon so many variables.
The targeting information is based on Kalman filter.
Calculations take time and any changes in variable, such as target position , heading and speed, wastes precious Mili seconds as the missile or the aircraft computer is calculating new coordinates.
It all depends on early detection of a missile launch.
If the target aircraft starts maneuvering straight away. The missile will also have to keep maneuvering and by doing that, keep losing precious energy.
By the time the missile reaches target , it may have lost so much energy that it's subsonic now and target jet can easily evade
Then throw in jamming or disruption of radar signal and communication, and the picture won't look good for the missile.

@Socra may have few things to say about it.

Last edited:
Usually it's 60-70 % of the stated maximum range.
Then again it depends upon so many variables.
The targeting information is based on Kalman filter.
Calculations take time and any changes in variable, such as target position , heading and speed, wastes precious Mili seconds as the missile or the aircraft computer is calculating new coordinates.
It all depends on early detection of a missile launch.
If the target aircraft starts maneuvering straight away. The missile will also have to keep maneuvering and by doing that, keep losing precious energy.
By the time the missile reaches target , it may have lost so much energy that it's subsonic now and target jet can easily evade
Then throw in jamming or disruption of radar signal and communication, and the picture won't look good for the missile.

@Socra may have few things to say about it.
Hi that’s a very detailed and knowledgeable reply for me
Thank you once again

Bro are you still in Cranfield!!! I live very near to CIT.
No brother I graduated years ago. Now near Southampton

I highly doubt it is totally indigenous.... If for real it might be some Chinese missile adopted by Pakistan...
It doesn't matter.
Nothing globally is 100% indigenous.
We need get out of the stupid Indian mentality.

FAAZ-2 LR-BVR AAM R&D Project finally disclosed by GIDS. Earlier they integrated and tested its earlier version FAAZ-I on JF-17 which never went into production as it was not compatible with modern missiles like PL-15 & Meteor.
Fw_TC1SacAAMBw7

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD the range of the bvr seems exceptionally long. What’s the likelihood we will see this BVR anytime soon s
This isn't under project Azm. It's an SPD org product (obviously), that has been in development hell for many years. Honestly, I have no idea if this is just a CAD model or an actual product.

Range: As you know, range for a BVR missile is an extremely imprecise number. It could be the range of a target moving towards you head on, with you at 60k ft, going at Mach 2.5, and the target at 50k ft going at Mach 2. Only the designers and the users will ever know how long of a useful range the missile actually has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom