What's new

Pakistan's Own BVRAAM under Project Azm.

Hi is there anybody who can put up two cents against SAM to produce locally instead of
AAM coz if the ARMY,NAVY or even PAF have long range sam ability they can very well keep IAF
Well away from the borders or to fire meteor missiles towards PAF jets or awacs
Can some senior member comment further on this
Thank you

It's all cool. That said, the sad thing about Pakistan is that the 'obvious' isn't known to enough people. We'll never reach 100% across everything, but there are certain technologies we should master. We have some experience with ballistic missiles, so there's little reason why we can't branch into DPMRs for AAM/SAMs. The R&D gains will benefit both ends of the spectrum.
It was only today that I was looking at the capabilities of PAF Blk52's and was talking to Allah, asking him, when will be rid of these. Since no HARM, no harpoon, no slam-er.

We need a fighter that is truly multi role, and fully customizable to our needs, at the same time on par or exceeds Blk70

It's all cool. That said, the sad thing about Pakistan is that the 'obvious' isn't known to enough people. We'll never reach 100% across everything, but there are certain technologies we should master. We have some experience with ballistic missiles, so there's little reason why we can't branch into DPMRs for AAM/SAMs. The R&D gains will benefit both ends of the spectrum.
Don’t you think, it all comes down to miniaturization and complexity, As these both terms are enough to bring the best of the best to knees for sometime, so BMs, they are generally less complex missiles, they have large room so miniaturization is less of an issue but it still is...

However, BVRs and especially IR Seeker of WVRs are the real deal. Miniaturization and complexity in terms of software and Missile control behavior vis a vis radar, All these aren’t our level I suppose. But I have my beliefs that AZM has got nothing to do with BVR or WVR Missile in development with PAC, If they can work with denel decades ago, Why would any sane person debunk the idea of PAC not working on something that really matters the most in air combat and those are A2A missiles. I don’t buy it that this is because of AZM. Who knows, maybe just maybe we might see our own BVRs within a matter of months or year or two. Revelation is what matters here, I hope IDEAS 2020 doesn’t get cancelled.

Hi is there anybody who can put up two cents against SAM to produce locally instead of
AAM coz if the ARMY,NAVY or even PAF have long range sam ability they can very well keep IAF
Well away from the borders or to fire meteor missiles towards PAF jets or awacs
Can some senior member comment further on this
Thank you
Now here is the thing.

I have always suggested that a homegrown AD network is what PA should have worked on since decades, but past is past.

AD systems are actually very expensive. Batteries, Radars, TELs, As well as the missiles, all of them are costly.

When something is required in numbers and it costs you very high from elsewhere, This is where you should invest.

We lack Long range AD systems, Have 2 in the short range category while 1 in the medium. And yet, they aren’t enough.

A tri layered AD network, With battalions comprising of mostly short range systems in numbers and positioned at critical areas/premises, some units of medium range systems and 1-3 units of long range systems. 4-6 such battalions and Pakistan is very well secure in terms of Aerial targets.

It also releases the stress from PAF as well as on ground AD personal and gives a sense of moral boost to officers and soldiers.

PA should still try to do such, loom what Turkey is doing with Hisar O, A and U, Perfect example of Planning and prioritizing defense needs by developing locally in masses.

why would you waste time to reinvent the wheel and waste resources, there is something called practicality

should Pakistan build its own engine for JF17?
how about ASEA radar?
how about the EW suite?

No and No, Chinese spent decades and even now ASEA is not ready Pakistan can spend the entire 21st century

no there is no sense in this kind of patriotism If thats what you want to call it

should Pakistan fit its own IFR?
how about composites?
how about landing gear?

Yes and Yes, PAF has limited budget and it needs to address the important issue first

there is common sense required here, you do/do not realise how complicated a ultra long range air to air missile is?

the seeker alone would take years of draining our resources and we would be 10% of the way there and even if it mastered it the components would never be a advanced as Chinese or American we dont have the core technology and Chinese could easily stop the integration process if they changed the source codes

lets make our own satellite and our own GPS? how about core nuclear reactors and then go bankrupt?

theres being ambitious and theres having a inflated view of ourselves

certain things will benefit us if we do it ourselves others we will lose

a country like ours have limited resources we cant start dreaming of everything indigenous, rather develop what we can and buy what we cant

COVID pandemic ? Even UK bought ventilators from China and so did US, Pakistan is more developed than UK and US? again level headed thinking is needed here
With this mentality we not able to achieve self reliance by ourselves, its a long term project, we working/ cooperating various international aerospace companies so there is lame justification that our projected BVR will less capable than other BVR but if consider this we will be able to develop SD-10 class BVR so you assume how much we will gain from this project , if we not take first step than we are not become self reliance

With this mentality we not able to achieve self reliance by ourselves, its a long term project, we working/ cooperating various international aerospace companies so there is lame justification that our projected BVR will less capable than other BVR but if consider this we will be able to develop SD-10 class BVR so you assume how much we will gain from this project , if we not take first step than we are not become self reliance
اردو مین ترجمہ کردیں برائے مہربانی۔ مجھے انگریزی نہیں آتی

Hey,

Why is it that you always talk stupid ?
@MastanKhan is absolutely right in case this project is on SD10A level and that since most of the parts can’t be produced locally and have to be outsourced, The need for a local project is unnecessary and instead, Importing from China is the better option since the requirement is limited.

Plus, If it is is the same range of SD-10A then I would right away cancel such a project, Future of BVR is dependent on range increases and speed. Hypersonic VLRAAM are the pinnacle. But, they cost a lot too. However, is that cost justified if your rival hosts similar missile ? Definitely, So you have to aim for the highest, not taking cost into consideration.

But I have doubts over this. IMHO, PAF is doing another CH-3/Burraq type ToT to produce missiles or maybe working on better motors to increase the speed and range.

In short words, ToT of SD-10 but with local optimizations.

Definitely Captain.Obvious
I think it's you that's double stupid.
Read every post this Mastankhan has written about the PAF..its totally anti Pakistan. He lives in the USA hates pakistanis. Always writes shit about Pakistan a d hates pakistan talking about how pathetic a country it Is and wont even visit it. Even during the 26 and 27th February he wrote so much crap about PAF.

So little.man before you get on you shetland pony look at the person.
1. Who is Mastankhan
2. What are his qualifications?
3. What has he ever done for Pakistan
4. What gives him the right to put Pakistan and PAF done at every juncture.

You are a very very simple person.. a pola as the villagers say. You dont even see what the person is about. Your mastan khan just talks bullshit and has done for years and years.
If you knew anything about engineering and yes I am an engineer you would know that PAF doesnt try to reinvent the wheel and it doesnt ask people like you me or matankhan. It looks at its resources and sources what it needs from Locals and international markets and puts the products together to design and develop systems within the confines of its limited budget.
I have seem this man abuse Pakistan at every post. Now you watch his posts and find me one that isnt anti PAF.....yet he has only managed to open beer cans in america whilst sucking up to his white masters. PAF meanwhile has developed fighter aircraft through joint ventures without his advice and defended the borders.
So please mind your own business. I know traitors and I will call them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read every post this Mastankhan has written about the PAF..its totally anti Pakistan. He lives in the USA hates pakistanis. Always writes shit about Pakistan a d hates pakistan talking about how pathetic a country it Is and wont even visit it. Even during the 26 and 27th February he wrote so much crap about PAF.

1. Who is Mastankhan

You are a very very simple person.. a pola as the villagers say. You dont even see what the person is about. I spot an assvole at a hundred paces. Your mastan khan just talks bullshit and has done for years and years.
If you knew anything about engineering and tes I am an engineer you would know that PAF doesnt try to reinvent the wheel and it doesnt ask people like you me or matankhan. It looks at its resources and sources what it needs fro. Locals and international markets and puts the products together to design and develop systems within the confines of its limited budget.
I have seem this man abuse Pakistan at every post. Now you wat h his posts and find me one that isnt anti PAF.....yet he has only managed to open beer cans in america whilst sucking up to his white masters. PAF meanwhile has developed fighter aircraft through joint ventures without his advice and defended the borders.
So please remind your own business. I know traitors and I will call them out
I stopped reading after 5 lines.
Ever heard of constructive criticism ?

Do your research Mr Professor and Divine knowledge

If criticizing the wrongs of people equates to calling Pakistan bad then Assume we are too proud to accept our retarded mindset and mistakes...

Travel the world, someday you might understand what I am saying...

Over n out

Hi,

It clearly is a JV---. The information about it is on " need to know " basis---.

Lesser the public knows---better it is---. The public does not need to know the tactical stuff---.

So---by mentioning we are building it---has taken all kind of stupid questioning away from them---.

Nice. We finished Bozdoğan WVRAAM and Gökdoğan BVRAAM land tests. Soon air tests will begin.

Here is Gökdoğan BVRAAM

Hope Pakistan will finish the project succesfully.
For MMU or present fleet??

In my very humble and in experienced opinion yes it is awesome to have a BVRAAM program. In parallel we should focus on EW, jamming and figure new ways of introducing new cloak and dager tech and tactics in air warfare. 27th Feb and how Israelis disguised on of their special mission/ELINT airplanes to fool Russo/Syrian air defence shows how beneficial EW can be in air battles.

I stopped reading after 5 lines.
Ever heard of constructive criticism ?

Do your research Mr Professor and Divine knowledge

If criticizing the wrongs of people equates to calling Pakistan bad then Assume we are too proud to accept our retarded mindset and mistakes...

Travel the world, someday you might understand what I am saying...

Over n out
Dude why r u bothering with this guy...he completely lacks manners and has a limited mental capacity. Just ignore and move on...or else he will keep derailing the thread.

I've known u to be a serious member who sticks to the topic...don't let idiots drag u down.

MastanKhan is like the Mrs.Khan of this forum we need people like her...ehm him.
69028332_2480964658893617_5037213365022228480_n.jpg

1. Who is Mastankhan

You are a very very simple person.. a pola as the villagers say. You dont even see what the person is about. I spot an assvole at a hundred paces. Your mastan khan just talks bullshit and has done for years and years.
If you knew anything about engineering and yes I am an engineer you would know that PAF doesnt try to reinvent the wheel and it doesnt ask people like you me or matankhan. It looks at its resources and sources what it needs from Locals and international markets and puts the products together to design and develop systems within the confines of its limited budget.
I have seem this man abuse Pakistan at every post. Now you watch his posts and find me one that isnt anti PAF.....yet he has only managed to open beer cans in america whilst sucking up to his white masters. PAF meanwhile has developed fighter aircraft through joint ventures without his advice and defended the borders.
So please mind your own business. I know traitors and I will call them out. This man is the ultimate assvole
And you need to
LightInsecureAmericanalligator-max-1mb.gif

Dude why r u bothering with this guy...he completely lacks manners and has a limited mental capacity. Just ignore and move on...or else he will keep derailing the thread.

I've known u to be a serious member who sticks to the topic...don't let idiots drag u down.
Hahaha......pdf is a serious place ...keep eating the cookies. No need to exercise. Some people are born followers...tow the line. Never question and pat yourself on the back and say well done you are smart and ofcourse serious.
Now your feeling are hurt. And I picked on you. Jog on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom