What's new

Pakistan's Own BVRAAM under Project Azm.

pkd

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/schaheid/status/1249322538733170688

gallery-1509645037-1045348.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Locally made Beyond Visual Range Missile is an older Program than Project Azm i think Air Weapon Complex was working on it as far as i know. It was mentioned in an official document by Ministry of Defense Productions.

Any ways if it comes to fruition it will most probably be result of a JV with either Denel Dynamics Merlin BVR (R-Dartar came from them if people still remember it) or some Chinese BVR derivative being the end result.

Last edited:
Indeed Very long range beyond visual range hypersonic missile is under works in Pakistan. While chinese are working on 2 different designs.

AZM will have domestic and chinese designs available once its air was air worthy. Main projects of AZM are avionics at this moment i i beleive. Which include high bandwidth high range radar and EWS.

Big project. I hope it's a success.

Question isn't whether we are working on a project

Question is, will it be better or more reliable then what we have available

This should be our long term goal

Correct but when an Air Force gives a task to its own domestic producer, they usually give a bare minimum of what they require, and usually qhat they would like. So, an Air Force can ask for a bare minimum of 60km range on thr BVR missile, but the end product may be capable of 130km.

It would be nice to have our own missile :coffee:

Considering positive work done with Anza electronics fire and forget systems
It would be not difficult to develop a BVR Missile which can also be available in abundance

Pakistan has already masted larger Missile Systems , such as Raad

:) Ar-Rasub (Arabic: الرسَّوب‎) BVR?

Last edited:
We first need to research on the expensive tech which we are importing. Not just military but civilian tech too, there needs to be vision and enough research funds plus industrial capability to mass produce the researched product after testing and evaluation.
For this we need to look at the import bills and start from the top. By cutting imports and strengthening economy, we can directly strengthen whole country and military. That's the only way to have enough funds or else we will be dependant or in other words "always one step behind" and thus have to import the tech and equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom