What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

I think this is the third time this article is posted. Yar bas karo ab jane b do , kuch naya maal lao

I have gotten some tid bids , not 100% sure about it because no one can be at this point in time

According to these tid bids an american country has shown interest in becoming a partner in the development of nuclear submarine ... The country is either Argentine or Brazil

reported by sir Pshamim couple of months back.. was discussed here in some thread if im not wrong..

I have gotten some tid bids , not 100% sure about it because no one can be at this point in time

According to these tid bids an american country has shown interest in becoming a partner in the development of nuclear submarine ... The country is either Argentine or Brazil

none of them has nuclear submarine .

How about leave it to PN and the rest of you stop worrying and loosing sleep over it we shall see who can design what and who can't simply.

dear friend....i dont think pakistan has the capability of deploying nuclear submarine in near future.........it is a complex tech..it will take pakistan 50 yrs o achive that.....with a debt of 4500 billion dollars and economic crisis plus failure of railways are major issues in pakistan....recently power crisis is also a major problem with 4500 Mwatt shortage......to build a nuclear triad pakistan should have the fastbreeder reactor...it doesnot have that tech also...so its evident even pakistan has AMBITIONS...ITWILL TAKE 50-60 YRS TO ACHIVE...LOL

dear friend....i dont think pakistan has the capability of deploying nuclear submarine in near future.........it is a complex tech..it will take pakistan 50 yrs o achive that.....with a debt of 4500 billion dollars and economic crisis plus failure of railways are major issues in pakistan....recently power crisis is also a major problem with 4500 Mwatt shortage......to build a nuclear triad pakistan should have the fastbreeder reactor...it doesnot have that tech also...so its evident even pakistan has AMBITIONS...ITWILL TAKE 50-60 YRS TO ACHIVE...LOL
I can fully agree with U if Our Naval elite and our ruling elite is not faithful or loyal to our country but their paychecks/bank balances.........no doubt about that.........:agree:

I.e. Brazil, since the Argentinians don't have enought $$ for this.

none of them has nuclear submarine .

So? That doesn't mean Pakistan couldn't piggy-back on a Brazilian-French deal, which in turn has some roots in a deal between India and France. Interesting business, the arms trade ;-)

Brazil & France in Deal for SSKs, SSN

India’s Multi-billion Dollar Scorpene Sub Contract

Wouldn't there be a problem using nukes? Do we get too caried away with nuclear warheads?

Using such a torpedo would be considered a nuclear strike against the enemy nation and will initiate a nuclear holocaust.

I think that we should keep ourselves to conventional warheads. If it was that easy to use nukes, America would have been using them in Afghanistan on a daily basis.

In my opinion, hypersonic anti-ship cruise missiles that could be launched from UNDERGROUND SILOS near the coast would be a unique capability to have especially when Pak Navy cannot afford or acquire surface combatants.

Nuclear tipped torpedos, depth charges, ASROCs were deployed during the cold war. They are of NO USE nowadays.

Hi,

Actually---using it under the ocean may not be considered as such---if you have access---please read up on works of fiction by a writer by the name of Joe Buff-----a fascinating writing in submarine warfare during the nuclear age---small tactical nucs can take out highly superior subs---as well as as air burst from these small nucs can be used against naval fleet extremely successfully---.

In this case you don't have to launch missiles from the aircraft---you have subs waiting---for an oppurtunity---the right moment arrives---a naval fleet is passing by---the sub launches a couple of nuc tipped small yield missiles in air burst mode and takes out the whole fleet----3000 feet altitude----plus launch and under the surface nuc tipped torpedoe at the largest target arming it halfway to the target .

The nuc fall out stays pretty local and dissipates or falls down on the ocean---no land is threatened---.

These small nucs are the deadliest of sumersible weapons that have been ever produced---and they will wreak havoc on enemy forces.

I believe Pakistan Nuclear Sub & other Military projects are already under development with the help of China, some of these projects are near completion.

according to my sources (which i cannot quote) Gen Musharaf had asked navy to proceed with in-country building nuclear sub by fitting nuclear reactor inside agosta 90B submarines. and subsequently team of professionals conducted study and concluded that nuclear reactor cannot be installed inside agosta due space constraints, no matter how miniature reactor we make.

In my openion, Qing class from china are being procured to install a pak made nuclear reactor in order to convert it into a nuclear sub.

note: its just my assumption keeping the above information in mind but i cannot prove it.

there is possibility that upcoming PAK SSGN/SSN will be based on stretched Qing class hull

but i don't think this sub will be SSBN as SSBN weighs minimum 6000 to 8000 tons

Pak, i think, first will built SSGN weighing around 4000 tons and after building 2 such subs and operating them for years, they will go for SSBN

Back
Top Bottom