What's new

Pakistan’s greatest cricket captain: Khan or Haq?

Pakistan’s greatest cricket captain

• Imran Khan

• Misbah

Results are only viewable after voting.
He did not nourish anyone. Wasim/Waqar was a talent, same can be said about Tendulkar also. Someone groomed him but is it reality ? Misbah is the one who performed under pressure. Pakistanis kept on mocking him but he did his job. Imran had a good team whereas Misbah had mean players like Lala, YK, Akmal brothers who were just playing for themselves and not for the team. Hell lot of politics was there. We lost players because of match fixing. Misbah kept cool and now see people who were abusing him are asking who was better... When I say people I am not talking about OP but Pakistan public in general.

That is easier to say bro,, we blame management and captains for being biased and not giving chance to new talent or not giving them equally opportunities but we fail to appreciate the captain who did that. Imran was the one who encouraged Wasim to stick with his unconventional bowling action, as per Wasim himself! As for the players not playing for team,, again dear, this is job of the captain to make them play as a team,, he is not a leader for nothing. Imran was given enough power by administration that he make the boys play as team.

I do not want to take anything away from Misbah however, his tactics, his discipline is marvelous, he have achieved so much, even more then Imran is some sections no doubt. Imran and Misbah surely are both right there on top but i just wanted to explain why i will prefer Imran for his flare and spark!

Imran did inspire generations, wait and watch the legacy Misbah leaves.

I hope its not Azhar,, he inherited the Tuk Tuk and missed the BOOM part ! :)

Come on, compare the team that Imran had under him, and what Misbah has to play with. It's not even close. Misbah has used meager resources to much greater effect. He is the best.

Misbah was the better captain for sure, technically speaking Imran was never the best, great leader but he relied on Miandad for the technical side a lot.
Specially in test matches Misbah is clear

People still consider Imran Khan to be greatest Pakistani captain but Misbah is getttin close and may eclipse Imran Khan.

I hope its not Azhar,, he inherited the Tuk Tuk and missed the BOOM part ! :)
You are kidding me, right? or trolling? have you seen Azhars strike rate since his comeback? it's 89. something. Average over 50, bhai kya ho gya app ko? we need sensible players like Azhar not one ball entertainment. :o:

You are kidding me, right? or trolling? have you seen Azhars strike rate since his comeback? it's 89. something. Average over 50, bhai kya ho gya app ko? we need sensible players like Azhar not one ball entertainment. :o:

Say again :D
I hope you thoroughly enjoyed his batting yesterday :P (Now this is trolling ok :) )

Someone need to tell this guys that in ODI, occupying crease wont win you matches. ALSO, that by occupying crease one means, not to play louse lose strokes or risk shots, there is no harm is taking singles. The way he occupies the crease is stupid,, he don't even takes singles, leaving the ball is not the way of ODI's these day. Azhar leaves more balls himself then the other team leave together i will say (even if it is bit far fetched it is not that far of the mark)

My problem with Azhar is NOT that he do not provide that one ball entertainment of hitting sixes or fours, have never been a fan of that,, but AT LEAST take singles man,, at least just don't make it look like a test match you are playing for a draw!!

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Now that you mentioned the stats,, here you go!! :)
In his last 4 ODI innings, his highness have made 42 runs from 88 balls, yes in one day internationals AND two of these last 4 matches were against Zim AND yesterdays 22 in 45 balls was his best performance AND yes, in ODI's one don't get a point for occupying crease and scoring nothing!! It is not like his stay will help us draw the match.

Last edited:
Say again :D
I hope you thoroughly enjoyed his batting yesterday :P (Now this is trolling ok :) )

Someone need to tell this guys that in ODI, occupying crease wont win you matches. ALSO, that by occupying crease one means, not to play louse lose strokes or risk shots, there is no harm is taking singles. The way he occupies the crease is stupid,, he don't even takes singles, leaving the ball is not the way of ODI's these day. Azhar leaves more balls himself then the other team leave together i will say (even if it is bit far fetched it is not that far of the mark)

My problem with Azhar is NOT that he do not provide that one ball entertainment of hitting sixes or fours, have never been a fan of that,, but AT LEAST take singles man,, at least just don't make it look like a test match you are playing for a draw!!

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Now that you mentioned the stats,, here you go!! :)
In his last 4 ODI innings, his highness have made 42 runs from 88 balls, yes in one day internationals AND two of these last 4 matches were against Zim AND yesterdays 22 in 45 balls was his best performance AND yes, in ODI's one don't get a point for occupying crease and scoring nothing!! It is not like his stay will help us draw the match.
Merey bhai there are times everyone struggles, he is new at this, is he not? he is captaining the side, he is capable, give him some time. He has proven himself. If not, who do you think should replace him? plus blame goes on the whole team, not one player.

Merey bhai there are times everyone struggles, he is new at this, is he not? he is captaining the side, he is capable, give him some time. He has proven himself. If not, who do you think should replace him? plus blame goes on the whole team, not one player.
His career strike rate in ODI is below 75, forgive me if i do not believe that this is his one odd rough patch!

Bro,, it is not i do not have patience,, i was the only one in my family who always loved Younis and Misbah even though they too were slow by OI standards. But what you can see them, at least they know to keep rotating the strike (specially Younis) ,, not dead dropping the ball each time by a stop or leaving the ball, AND that too 8 10 balls in a row!!

AT LEAST ROTATE THE STRIKE!! I know you follow cricket and know the importance of this as well as anyone, also since you seem to follow Azhar as well you will have a pretty good idea is i am right about him not taking and pushing for singles or wrong

Azhar is an excellent test player, my fear is that playing him is ODI will effect his image and thus confidence as a batsman and we may lose that valuable player in tests as well.
As for who shall replace him, YES< i have no names, but anyone will do to preserve this man for tests and to preserve the team from him in ODI's. :P

About that last blame thing, again, i am not that type brother, BUT, we all say how Rahat, Sarfaraz and Wahab tried to contribute. Had Azhar left them with a few more deliveries or had he and even others scored a few more runs it could have made an interesting match. However you cannot expect much from the batting line up when your opener, chasing 280 odd runs consume 8 9 overs all by himself scoring a 20!

This is my point of view, my stance about Azhar Ali and how administration should help both him and the ODI performance.

Last edited:
No comparison.... it should be inzamam ul haq vs misbah ul uaq & imran khan vs waseem akram .....

I voted for Misbah, the circumstances that he played and is playing under are much worse that compared to Imrans

Back
Top Bottom