What's new

Pakistan’s emphatic no to Afghanistan

Because it is the shortest route. If Afghanistan doesn't allow Pakistan to transits through them then how would connect to central Asia.
So we have some strategic value don't we? We will get the access to central Asia when we need it. But one thing is sure that India is not going to get pass though Pakistan.

Through Gwadar port.

and if you mean land access then I'm sure we can do that through China easily , infact its more feasible for us.

If you are connecting to Central Asia through China, then India too can connect to Central Asia through China. Then where is your geographical advantage?

If you are connecting to Central Asia through China, then India too can connect to Central Asia through China. Then where is your geographical advantage?

You already answered your own question. We have the shortest route which you won't get ever.

How does Pakistan plan to connect to central Asia, if Afghanistan doesn't allow you to pass through them

If you cared to read

What would China get in return for such a link? I doubt China wants to give India access to the resources of the CARs

You already answered your own question. We have the shortest route which you won't get ever.
He is a troll. He is repeating stupid arguments again and again some of them even contradicting each other. :lol: Pakistan doesn't have strategic value but since route is short we need it :rofl: Indians sure do have a route to central Asia if they circumnavigate the world and enter through Russia :D Not every path is a viable path!

We would coonect easily through China. Don't need Afghanistan for it.

If you don't need Afghanistan, then Pakistan is just any Country. You are just a isolated land. Connecting through China has no advantage for Pakistan, as India too can connect through China, as India has 2500 Km border with China

Same reason why CPEC is built by China , to get the shortest possible route to the Arabian Sea .

Afghanistan,Pakistan and India are directly connected to each other, a route among these 3 countries to Central Asia would've been Gold for India .

Same reason why CPEC is built by China , to get the shortest possible route to the Arabian Sea .

Afghanistan,Pakistan and India are directly connected to each other, a route among these 3 countries to Central Asia would've been Gold for India .

For India yes -- but I fail to see what Pakistan gets out of it. Being a toll both is not my calling in life.

If you cared to read

What would China get in return for such a link? I doubt China wants to give India access to the resources of the CARs

China was always proposing a trade free zone between India and China. And lots of trade between India and China happens through India China border. In fact India and China has trade volume of $70 billion.

If you don't need Afghanistan, then Pakistan is just any Country. You are just a isolated land. Connecting through China has no advantage for Pakistan, as India too can connect through China, as India has 2500 Km border with China

Unlike Afghanistan China is our ally and it is more feasible for us to go central asia through china than Afghanistan. Unlike Indian we are separated with Central Asia by a tiny strip of land. So we need to travel a little into China to go to Central Asia.

It is good that you would rely on our ally to go to Central Asia. That's what we want from India. And if you think we are just another country then ask Afghanistan to stop begging for us land route to connect to India.

China was always proposing a trade free zone between India and China. And lots of trade between India and China happens through India China border. In fact India and China has trade volume of $70 billion.

Yes China and India are almost each others largest trading partners -- they both gain from that. For example Pakistan India would gain from trade -- arguably Pakistan more so.

But what advantage is there for China or Pakistan to give India access to Afghanistan or CARs -- not much.

Afghanistan ,Pakistan and India are directly connected to each other, a route among these 3 countries to Central Asia would've been Gold for India .

Yes...a route through Pakistan and Afghanistan would have been the shortest for India, but we are discussing a situation where Afghanistan doesn't allow Pakistan to transit through them.

Transit fees .

exactly -- and in return u loose a market -- being a bridge troll is not my calling in life.

Btw does India give Pakistan transit to Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh ...

exactly -- and in return u loose a market -- being a bridge troll is not my calling in life.

Btw does India give Pakistan transit to Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh ...

And, if I'm not mistaken there is a "National Clause" in APTTA -- which means you cannot really charge transit fees (nothing significant)

Yes...a route through Pakistan and Afghanistan would have been the shortest for India, but we are discussing a situation where Afghanistan doesn't allow Pakistan to transit through them.

Then Pakistan will do through China, which is another route for us , look to answer your question, Pakistan and China are connected almost at the end where the Central Asian countries start, so although going through China would be a slightly longer route but definitely not by a mile . Also through Azad Kashmir Pakistan is connected to Tajikistan .

India is at a lower zone, connecting itself through China would be much much longer route than through Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom