What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

not sure why, from what I understand we were looking for SPH- Truck mounted artillery system that can be deployed along LoC - (witnessed one being moved at some time in the history)......T-52 had an advantage as it has independent drive system on each wheel, outriggers are present for added stability of the platform...and to top it all, it was being offered cheaper than the G-6....
When it comes to Mobility G-6 is no different then the truck mounted arty.
It seems more at many places that we are not clear about our goal.

Not really , a tracked vehicle will always be less mobile on roads than a road tire vehicle,
Kashmir valleys have perfectly covered from enemy fire roads due to mountains which then lead to ideal firing spots and then you scoot back into cover , these roads are not motorway quality and to use a tracked vehicle you would have to use rubber tracks ,
Wheeled vehicle while not having the armour of the tracked one would be lighter and faster
As for supporting our armoured regiments with tracked one's , we already have plenty of M109 working perfectly fine

Not really , a tracked vehicle will always be less mobile on roads than a road tire vehicle,
Kashmir valleys have perfectly covered from enemy fire roads due to mountains which then lead to ideal firing spots and then you scoot back into cover , these roads are not motorway quality and to use a tracked vehicle you would have to use rubber tracks ,
Wheeled vehicle while not having the armour of the tracked one would be lighter and faster
As for supporting our armoured regiments with tracked one's , we already have plenty of M109 working perfectly fine
Sir do take look at G6 Rhino,it's a wheeled system.

It was not produced. The ones acquired were trialed and thats it.
Are you sure sir? Several sources on this forum and outside it suggested that Pakistan bought 12 for evaluation and 60 were produced at HIT. There was at least one news article posted on this very forum that claimed that one regiment of 40 PANTER howitzers has been raised. So it might be in service?
That being said I spend a lot of time around our army gunners and am yet to see one.

Are you sure sir? Several sources on this forum and outside it suggested that Pakistan bought 12 for evaluation and 60 were produced at HIT. There was at least one news article posted on this very forum that claimed that one regiment of 40 PANTER howitzers has been raised. So it might be in service?
That being said I spend a lot of time around our army gunners and am yet to see one.
no panters in Pak Army, never inducted, chapter closed plus a regiment alays have 18 guns not 40

no panters in Pak Army, never inducted, chapter closed plus a regiment alays have 18 guns not 40
My statement was a little confusing with words I admit, I know there’s 18 guns. I meant that we had 40 and one regiment had been raised. Not that it had 40 guns (again, my fault). I was just making sure that the news articles and references were false. If anything I can confirm it personally tomorrow from actual gunners, thanks for confirming though :)

But what happened to Pinaka1. Total failure like Tejas and Arjun, right? Sorry Indian BS only impresses the Indians.
did you know that Indians actually helped in raising an Artillery Regiment for Pakistan Army ?
40 Field Regiment was booty from Chamb in 1965 - where the Indians had left their 25 Pounders intact before fleeing the place.

M270 were said to be part of EDA stocks offered to PA from Afghan theatre. I think it didn't materialized. May be someone knowledgeable can shed some light.
For M270, a division as such has 9 Launchers - with each firing 12 rockets (each with 644 bomblets) per minute. The delivery of bomblets per minute at the target comes to 9 x 12 x 644 or 69552 bomblets which amounts to almost 1 bomblet per m2 over an area of 300x300 metres (as occupied by a division).

No they testd SP guns both wheeled and tracked. There was only one SP that was tracked K9 and two wheeled Denel & Nexter. Along with bofors as well and some dordo gun. They selected K9 and M777 will be domestically made.

We need to look at M777 equivelant as some stage.
In case of bofors, it uses propellant charge of approximately 13 Kg, it will need a bigger charge to achieve longer range, like weight of 19 Kg to achieve a range of 40 Km

Aleksandar_155mm_self-propelled_howitzer_based_on_8x8_MAN_truck_chassis_Partner_2019_925_001.jpg

New version of Aleksandar 155mm self-propelled howitzer based on a MAN 8x8 truck chassis unveiled at Partner 2019, defense exhibition in Belgrade, Serbia. June 25, 2019.

Yugoimport_unveils_new_modular_MLRS_rocket_launcher_system_Partner_2019_925_001.jpg

New Yugoimport modular MLRS Multiple Launch Rocket System unveiled at Partner 2019, the International Fair of Armament and Defense Equipment Exhibition in Belgrade, Serbia. June 25, 2019.

Land Platforms
Aselsan developing 155 mm Course Correction System
Christopher F Foss, London - Jane's International Defence Review
22 August 2019
Follow

RSS

Turkey’s Aselsan is developing the Atom 155 mm Course Correction System (CCS) to meet potential artillery requirements for the Turkish Land Forces Command (TLFC).

This would be a direct replacement for the existing 155 mm nose-mounted artillery fuze and would provide the weapon with an increase in accuracy that, according to Aselsan, “gives a circular error of probability (CEP) of less than 50 m, independent of range, as it reduces the dispersion”.

The CCS can be fitted to any 155 mm artillery projectile with a standard NATO two-inch deep well fuze, and it is activated at a distance of about 60 m from the muzzle of the weapon.

Not true; G6's clearance and traversing capabilities not to mention mine resistance plus; you cannot compare artillery mounted on a truck to this; there are complete battlefield awareness systems including fire control systems.

Look at 1:53min section; but it can go over really bad rocky terrain especially those found in Namibia; no truck can withstand it except Ratels/Buffel/Mambas/G6s. Find me a truck that can traverse a gradient of 60 deg like G6.

Last edited:
Not true; G6's clearance and traversing capabilities not to mention mine resistance plus; you cannot compare artillery mounted on a truck to this; there are complete battlefield awareness systems including fire control systems.

Look at 1:53min section; but it can go over really bad rocky terrain especially those found in Namibia; no truck can withstand it except Ratels/Buffel/Mambas/G6s. Find me a truck that can traverse a gradient of 60 deg like G6.
what is the powerplant/engine in G6?

what is the powerplant/engine in G6?
From what i recall, it was from Deutz (diesel) built locally in Pretoria for decades. Most technologies we used across all our mine proof vehicles, transport trucks are completely dual nature. Deutz engine can be replaced with others based on customer's choice.

Back
Top Bottom