What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

Land Platforms

Denel looking for T5-52 howitzer sale in Asia

Grant Turnbull, Cape Town - Jane's Defence Weekly

22 March 2019

Denel Land Systems is in negotiations with an Asian country to purchase the company’s latest T5-52 wheeled self-propelled artillery system, a company source told Jane’s .

A T5-52 is seen in action at Overberg test range. (Denel Land Systems)

The source said negotiations with the undisclosed country were ongoing and that other countries had also shown interest. Exact quantities or a potential contract value were not disclosed. The source also noted that trials had recently taken place in Pakistan.

The 155 mm/52 calibre howitzer was demonstrated to international delegates, including Jane’s , at Denel’s Overberg Test Range on 19–20 March.

The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is still undecided whether it will order a substantial number of T5-52s or upgrade its legacy G6 self-propelled howitzers.

p1634452.jpg.jpeg

Land Platforms

Denel looking for T5-52 howitzer sale in Asia

Grant Turnbull, Cape Town - Jane's Defence Weekly

22 March 2019

Denel Land Systems is in negotiations with an Asian country to purchase the company’s latest T5-52 wheeled self-propelled artillery system, a company source told Jane’s .

A T5-52 is seen in action at Overberg test range. (Denel Land Systems)

The source said negotiations with the undisclosed country were ongoing and that other countries had also shown interest. Exact quantities or a potential contract value were not disclosed. The source also noted that trials had recently taken place in Pakistan.

The 155 mm/52 calibre howitzer was demonstrated to international delegates, including Jane’s , at Denel’s Overberg Test Range on 19–20 March.

The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is still undecided whether it will order a substantial number of T5-52s or upgrade its legacy G6 self-propelled howitzers.

View attachment 549183
I am very sure Pak is the buyer.

What does Rheinmetall Partnership with Denel mean? @denel will rheinmetall be a hurdle?
No. this is no concern just a dotted line post 1996 JVs.

I am very sure Pak is the buyer.

No. this is no concern just a dotted line post 1996 JVs.
Wasn't there some news earlier about Pak purchasing some Chinese truck mounted artillery...SH15 I think it was called. Can anyone plz shine some light on this?

@fatman17 @Foxtrot Alpha
Why we haven't tried G-6?
not sure why, from what I understand we were looking for SPH- Truck mounted artillery system that can be deployed along LoC - (witnessed one being moved at some time in the history)......T-52 had an advantage as it has independent drive system on each wheel, outriggers are present for added stability of the platform...and to top it all, it was being offered cheaper than the G-6....

not sure why, from what I understand we were looking for SPH- Truck mounted artillery system that can be deployed along LoC - (witnessed one being moved at some time in the history)......T-52 had an advantage as it has independent drive system on each wheel, outriggers are present for added stability of the platform...and to top it all, it was being offered cheaper than the G-6....
Pakistan seems to have a paranoia with wheeled SP guns, they love the M109s, and will search all over for EDA.

Back
Top Bottom