What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

well ...... Sub Sales Stopped from German End and not from Pak End. So this Theory Failed over here.

well ...... Sub Sales Stopped from German End and not from Pak End. So this Theory Failed over here.

Erm no, just no.

Bloomberg.com

Germany Is Poised to Sell Submarines to Pakistan (Update1)
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Patrick Donahue and Brian Parkin

June 18 (Bloomberg) -- Chancellor Angela Merkel’s coalition will probably go ahead with the sale of three submarines to Pakistan, ignoring opposition concerns about the delivery of military hardware to the nuclear-armed state, two German government officials said.

The Federal Security Council, a body made up of ministers that vets all military hardware sales, is prepared to back the sale of the Class 214 submarines made by ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems AG, the officials said on condition of anonymity because the decision is not yet final.

A Pakistani delegation including army chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani is in Berlin today for meetings with German officials. Opposition lawmakers are wary of sales to Pakistan as it struggles with Islamist radicals along the border with neighboring Afghanistan.

“We have to ask ourselves whether such an unstable country really needs such submarine technology,” said Alexander Bonde, a Green Party lawmaker leading opposition to the sale in the lower house of parliament in Berlin. Bonde said a final decision will probably be made after German national elections Sept. 27.

Taliban Offensive

Pakistan has struggled in a seven-week campaign to push back radicals after Taliban fighters advanced to within 100 kilometers (60 miles) of the capital, Islamabad. The army is preparing to mount an offensive in South Waziristan to drive out militants from its northwest tribal areas.

A Pakistani delegation visited Berlin several weeks ago to express interest in the submarines, said Muhammad Azam, a spokesman for the Pakistani embassy in Berlin. No official orders have yet been tendered, he said.

A preliminary inquiry from Pakistan has been “positively assessed” by the German government, though no official request yet been processed, Economy Ministry spokesman Steffen Moritz said in a phone interview.

Andrea Wessel, a spokeswoman for ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems, a unit of Dusseldorf-based ThyssenKrupp AG, said the company wouldn’t comment on “ongoing projects.”

“Pakistan’s interest in these submarines shows it still sees India as the traditional enemy, even though bilateral tensions have eased somewhat since 2004,” Christian Wagner, an analyst at the Berlin-based German Institute for International and Security Affairs, said in an interview. “The money would be better spent on equipping and training its land forces to combat terrorist insurgents.”

The 65-meter (213-foot) submarines, non-nuclear vessels equipped with eight torpedo tubes, rely on a fuel-cell system to remain silent beneath the water for longer periods than previous models. ThyssenKrupp describes the vessels as having “extraordinarily developed stealth characteristics and an impressive weapon and sensor payload.”

I knew the bs would come in play as much i was keeping my fingers crossed iam sure the haters are happy as hell yest lets just see wat happens!

the most important point for me was that
" wht no pressure is being put on ministry to finalize the deal as early as possible"

we have discussed the joint Pak-Turk ToT issue, if that is not the case we must immediatly go ahead with the deal as indian suely will be trying there best to ruine it.....

regards!

Turkey is set to sign an agreement Thursday with Germany to build six submarines for the Turkish Naval Forces, said a statement issued by the German Embassy in Ankara.

The deal covers six Class-214 air-independent propulsion (AIP) submarines by Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft GmbH (HDW), a part of the ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems shipbuilding group, the statement said.

The new class submarines will improve significantly the capability of the Turkish Naval Forces to undertake longer under water operations, the statement said.

A signing ceremony is scheduled today which will gather senior Turkish and German government officials, and naval forces commanders.

Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat has said the submarines would be co-produced with maximum local content at Golcuk Naval Shipyard in Kocaeli, Turkey.

Defence Minister Vecdi Gönül has also stated that Turkish industrial participation in the project would be worth around 80 percent of the total value of the deal.

As the Turkish Type 214 will have a significant amount of Turkish indigenous systems on board, this variant of the Type 214 will be known as the Type 214TN (Turkish Navy).

HDW will preassemble structural and mechanical parts of the submarine in Germany, or classified elements such as the fuel cells and propulsion system and will then ship them to Turkey.

All electronic and weapon systems, including sensors, communications, and data processing systems, will be of Turkish design and production.

THE ANATOLIA NEWS AGENCY

Turkey is signing so it won't take long to see also signature from Pakistan.

lets pray that we do have the brains to get benifit from the turkish ToT and come up with our deal of three subs as soon as possible!

regards!

Germans have not delayed or cancelled the deal.

As I said, Naval Chief was in Germany recently. They have inked the deal and signed the initial agreement. In September they will meet again.

The deal has to pass German legislation. The ultra left-leaning political parties in Germany are a bit hesitant about the deal --- but it seems most of the politicians support the deal with Pakistan since we are viewed as a 'friendly' country and major 'non-NATO ally'

the deal will go through, be patient my friends. In life it is important to be calm and patient and let things take their due course.

Inshallah ho jayga.

:)

It was being finalised yesterday that Turkey will develop all electronics, sensors, weapon systems, data processers and softwares of our own U-214TN's... I wonder If Pakistan has similar roadway to develop their own systems to integrate your own U-214 with similar ways ? Because, If Pakistan agree Germans to take similar offset rates like Turkey, That's mean Pakistan and Turkey will go a great cooperation program to develop every part of submarine electronics, weapons, softwares... I hope, Both country will follow similar ways for this tender too...

Turkish U-214 TN will use sub version of Genesis command-control system... That one is Genesis for Frigates...

Radar and sensors..
0066a8a42c3d35cbf13b608fb585d946.jpg

Torpedo Decoys

Unmanned submarines... Dalgic

Turkish Torpedo and Sonars are on development phrase now a days...

Last edited:
It was being finalised yesterday that Turkey will develop all electronics, sensors, weapon systems, data processers and softwares of our own U-214TN's... I wonder If Pakistan has similar roadway to develop their own systems to integrate your own U-214 with similar ways ? Because, If Pakistan agree Germans to take similar offset rates like Turkey, That's mean Pakistan and Turkey will go a great cooperation program to develop every part of submarine electronics, weapons, softwares... I hope, Both country will follow similar ways for this tender too...

Turkish U-214 TN will use sub version of Genesis command-control system... That one is Genesis for Frigates...

Radar and sensors..
0066a8a42c3d35cbf13b608fb585d946.jpg

Torpedo Decoys

Unmanned submarines... Dalgic

Turkish Torpedo and Sonars are on development phrase now a days...

Awesome dude!!! I am in your party now!

cabatli_53 for President!!!!! :partay::partay:

The Turkish subsystems that will be integrated into the U-214TN

Havelsan-Submarine command-control center, softwares...(GENESIS submarine version)

STM- Submarine modification design, Engineering and system integration

Aselsan- Electronic support systems, Satellite terminals,communications systems, battle management system

Tubitak- Underwater phone, EMI/ECM tests, Battery watch systems, Gas watch systems

Ayesas- Command-control consoles

Milsoft- Link11/16 systems, communication softwares

Koc bilgi- Torpedo counter measure, jamming systems

Metalic plates, electronic spare parts, cables, connection materials.....etc will also be provided by national firms .

I am happy that Turkey is getting U-214 but I am sad that there is no news for Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom