What's new

Pakistanis told to drink less tea as nation grapples with economic crisis

640 million dollars import is around 1% of Pakistan's total import.

Pakistan's population = 230 million
640/230 = 2.78 dollars

Every Pakistani spends just 2.78 dollars per year on tea. That's 570 rupees per year.
It's nothing. How much money can you possibly save by drinking 1 cup less per day?

Increase your exports, simple as that.

Increase your exports, simple as that.

We are self sufficient and can produce the top notch sell outs and traitors, any no. of orders can be fulfilled within days, if there is a market available for this commodity, we will beat the sh*t out of competition.

Someone, they them responsible, always intrigued about placing faults on others.
Someone is your agriculture department that spends millions from budget

Jeez..guys do you have google or read something about how other countries did agricultural refroms via incentives???

Or will we just be quiet to make sugar mafia happy

Heres the problem, hope it will make sense.
Its always you yours, as if you are separated from pakistanis.
Dont take it personally, my observation has been similar, always other guys fault, but Zindabad...
Lol am not even in pakistan and i am still pakistan problem

Pakistanis are lazy..they are corrupt and they blame the whole world for their problems

Of all people i encountered in my professional live in USA
Pakistanis are the laziest
They are also the poorest amongat asian dispora
Least ambitious and least hard working

You've made up your opinion, so why is the need to deride and gloat on their suffering?
Not cool..
I don't think u understand...he is also Pakistani and ashamed of this behaviour. I am also of teh same opinion and have encountered this in my life. We want Pakistanis ti succeed and be good but sadly they are designed to be lazy inept and corrupt. Truly sad

Maybe I don't, but what right does anyone have to paint anyone lazy and point out their mistakes...a straightforward retort can be what have you done to earn the right to judge...being in the usa or any western country makes you think you are better?
Be a better person than that, gloating on others less fortunate who are suffering.
This is a discussion forum where everyone has the right to reply as they wish. Equally what right do u have to impose your opinion on others.
People nations etc that refuse to see accept and adjust their mistakes seldom improve and only fall flat on the ladder of success.
So if you don't like his opinion. He doesn't like yours. B4 telling him to keep his opinion to himself wouldn't it have been wiser to eat your own advice and keep your opinion to yourself?

Pakistanis have been urged to drink less tea to keep the economy afloat, as the world's largest tea importer grapples with soaring inflation and a fast-depreciating rupee.
The country's Federal Minister for Planning and Development, Ahsan Iqbal, on Tuesday told reporters that Pakistanis could reduce their tea consumption by "one or two cups" per day as imports are putting additional financial strain on the government.
"The tea we import is imported by taking a loan," Iqbal said, adding businesses should also close earlier to save electricity.

The South Asian nation of 220 million is the world's largest importer of tea, buying more than $640 million worth in 2020, according to the Observatory of Economic Complexity.

Pakistan has been facing severe economic challenges for months, leading to an increase in the prices of food, gas and oil.
Meanwhile, its foreign currency reserves are declining rapidly. Funds held by the central bank fell from $16.3 billion at the end of February to just above $10 billion in May, according to Reuters -- a more than $6 billion drop and enough to cover the cost of two months of its imports.
Many in Pakistan took to social media to ridicule Iqbal's plea, saying cutting tea consumption would do little to ease the country's economic woes.

Pakistan's economic crisis was at the center of a political showdown between Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and his predecessor Imran Khan earlier this year, leading to Khan's ouster in April.
Sharif accused Khan of economic mismanagement and mishandling of the country's foreign policy, forcing Khan out of office in a no-confidence vote.

Yes pakistanis drink less tea and all will be well and forgiven. Moronic government.

Pakistanis wont drink less tea, neither will they drive less kms due to fuel price hike. The only screaming going on is on the internet.
1655365459294.png

2000 rupees me ap F-16 ki tainki full krwa sktay hain.

Babar reminds me of PTV new reporter I watched every night while I was growing up.

Back
Top Bottom