What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

"Low End" .... Chinese experts will strongly disagree with you calling these "Low End".

Chinese experts agree with me, I communicate with a select few quite often.
If you can give me reason otherwise, please go ahead, until then, the 054a has the single advantage of low cost, that’s all.

If you can give me reason otherwise, please go ahead, until then, the 054a has the single advantage of low cost, that’s all.
I think what he means to say is that it’s “Low-End” with regards to the other ships PN is getting, which is kind of accurate. It’s not a low end or a low capability ship in general terms, its comparable to the rest in its class. However if you compare it to what’s coming from Turkey in the form of the Milgems and the Jinnah then yes, those are more capable. Still, I’d give the low end status to F22P and not type 054AP, they’re basically the best version of the 54 series ever made. (Another angle to look at it is that for the PLAN the Type 054 is just a low cost high volume ship to shore up numbers and complement the larger, more capable designs, it’s not meant to be leading edge in its class, just good enough).

Low cost isn’t it’s only advantage though, one other is the rate of delivery, China can make and deliver ships faster than Turkey, and that aside, ordering from two different sources mean your ships come twice as fast, which is something PN really needed. It’s also over a thousand tons larger than the Milgems, which also helps in some regards.

I think what he means to say is that it’s “Low-End” with regards to the other ships PN is getting, which is kind of accurate. It’s not a low end or a low capability ship in general terms, its comparable to the rest in its class. However if you compare it to what’s coming from Turkey in the form of the Milgems and the Jinnah then yes, those are more capable. Still, I’d give the low end status to F22P and not type 054AP, they’re basically the best version of the 54 series ever made. (Another angle to look at it is that for the PLAN the Type 054 is just a low cost high volume ship to shore up numbers and complement the larger, more capable designs, it’s not meant to be leading edge in its class, just good enough).

Low cost isn’t it’s only advantage though, one other is the rate of delivery, China can make and deliver ships faster than Turkey, and that aside, ordering from two different sources mean your ships come twice as fast, which is something PN really needed. It’s also over a thousand tons larger than the Milgems, which also helps in some regards.

Absolutely, the main point is, sensors and weapons wise, it’s very dated.

an example I like to use is it’s interception limitations, it can only do 4 simultaneous interceptions (assuming we use the doctrine of 2 missiles per target ) which is not ideal as it can be saturated very easily.

there will be J10C and nuclear submarine in future, J10C at the end of this year and nuclear subs by 2023. Nuke leased sub will be a big surprise, get ready for it 💋..
SSN Lease: Which SSN and from where , PLAAN doesn't have enough for themselves, don't think Ruskies will lease one.

Wait for it boys. Take a screen shot of this, and we will revisit in 2 to 3 years. First stop Aug 1 2023 and second Aug 1 2024.

What we lack is destroyers which will enhance our capability new ASW helicopters and nuke launch submarine

Yuan class sub is part of 8 hangor class sub
As per public info this is used old sub given for training free of cost and 8 subs are ordered additionally

PN does have a equipment for a SSN

it would ensure the Indian Carriers are not safe even in the Bay of Bengal

but its expensive every very expensive
I still think it’s realistic to lease one or even buy/build one with Chinese help somewhere down the line. Not any time soon, PN has too much money invested in too many projects till at least 2030. But maybe when most of these initial projects are done and funds get cleared up, if PN sees the need, they might go for one. By then China may have on available too, they certainly don’t right now. Given Chinese ship-building speed it’s somewhat realistic.

Until then the 8+1 Hangors along with modernized Agosta 90B is more than enough capability. After all we’re going from 5 submarines to 12 more modern, capable submarines.

Given that the hangors will start delivery by 2023, we should see the first training sub CNS was talking about by next year.

Right -- there are 30 of these LOW-END, CHEAP Ships in service with PLAN and another 50 being planned. So obviously the Chinese are REALLY CHEAP, and so are their experts who like cheap stuff ! :lol:

Right -- there are 30 of these LOW-END, CHEAP Ships in service with PLAN and another 50 being planned. So obviously the Chinese are REALLY CHEAP, and so are their experts who like cheap stuff ! :lol:
What is/wrong with that? Bhai a cheap platform is a good work horse, economical to maintain and run for day to day tasks and good enough to defend itself against a few targets. China will run a flotilla so fleet wide defence will become the responsibility of the destroyers. Capability is only installed in ships as it becomes available. Till then you make do with what you have. As more capabilities come online quadpacked missiles they will be incorporated along with upgrade to the FCRs.
A

Back
Top Bottom