What's new

Pakistani Models And Actresses

Designer Zara Shahjahan calls out people hating on her models for 'looking like maids'

She questioned why fashion models must be "white and sultry" in order to be considered beautiful.

60eea859b7b2c.png

Designer Zara Shahjahan recently confronted societal standards that have long equated beauty with white skin and sensual appeal alone. She spoke about models who received criticism online for not having a fairer complexion after their photos were uploaded for a campaign for her brand on social media.

Shahjahan — who runs a clothing brand by her own name Zara Shahjahan — posted pictures of the models to recount the experience. "Let’s talk about these pictures," she wrote.

"I had a shoot in Turkey. My team left a day earlier and the day me and the model had to leave, Turkey announced 15 days of quarantine. We were left with no choice but to hire models from there."

She said, "I tried to find girls who look South Asian and finally found these two very stunning Mexican models who flew from LA for the campaign. We were very happy, the campaign look really beautiful and we launched, but what happened after is quite disturbing."

Designer Zara Shahjahan calls out people hating on her models for 'looking like maids'

She questioned why fashion models must be "white and sultry" in order to be considered beautiful.

60eea859b7b2c.png

Designer Zara Shahjahan recently confronted societal standards that have long equated beauty with white skin and sensual appeal alone. She spoke about models who received criticism online for not having a fairer complexion after their photos were uploaded for a campaign for her brand on social media.

Shahjahan — who runs a clothing brand by her own name Zara Shahjahan — posted pictures of the models to recount the experience. "Let’s talk about these pictures," she wrote.

"I had a shoot in Turkey. My team left a day earlier and the day me and the model had to leave, Turkey announced 15 days of quarantine. We were left with no choice but to hire models from there."

She said, "I tried to find girls who look South Asian and finally found these two very stunning Mexican models who flew from LA for the campaign. We were very happy, the campaign look really beautiful and we launched, but what happened after is quite disturbing."
This girl is gorgeous. Sadly, she is not Pakistani.

Brown Beuties of Pakistan.....

Source: Alizeeshan Studio
Content Creator: Mahar Khurum

1626285268590.png

60eea859b7b2c.png

Didn't realise this girl is Mexican. She looks 100% Pakistani and gorgeous.

Didn't realise this girl is Mexican. She looks 100% Pakistani and gorgeous.
No doubt that you can find girls like that in Pakistan, but generally most of what I see in Pakistani media industry is sub-par. I imagine it's something to do with it being frowned upon in Pakistani culture so most women won't go in this industry.

1629585690416.png

The 2nd annual Pakistan International Screen Awards (PISA) is all set to take place at the Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, on November 5, 2021. The awards will honour the nation's most celebrated artists from the entertainment, music and fashion industries.

According to a press release, the event will take place under the strict adherence of Covid SOPs. The nominations and jury are yet to be announced.

The 1st PISA took place in February 2020 at the grand Coca Cola Arena in Dubai which earlier had hosted AR Rahman and Pakistan's own Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. The award show caused quite a stir when the ‘invited’ artists failed to make an appearance. The celebrities later shared that the organisers informed of not flying them out at the last moment.

1629637220711.png

Shooting of song "Ajnabi Do Ajnabi Aik Ho Gaye" (Alamgir and Sahira Kazmi)

This song is specially record for PTV HITS 1986. First version record in 1985 for HEART TO HEART album which release by SHALIMAR RECORDING COMPANY LTD.

Oh, the clothing of those days.

View attachment 771902

The 2nd annual Pakistan International Screen Awards (PISA) is all set to take place at the Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, on November 5, 2021. The awards will honour the nation's most celebrated artists from the entertainment, music and fashion industries.

According to a press release, the event will take place under the strict adherence of Covid SOPs. The nominations and jury are yet to be announced.

The 1st PISA took place in February 2020 at the grand Coca Cola Arena in Dubai which earlier had hosted AR Rahman and Pakistan's own Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. The award show caused quite a stir when the ‘invited’ artists failed to make an appearance. The celebrities later shared that the organisers informed of not flying them out at the last moment.

That wasn't nice of the organizers.

BTW what are the names of the girls on extreme right and extreme left ?

Less is the new more is a fun to wear contemporary brand for women. The concept is based on a blend of minimalism with a touch of bohemian craft. Uniquely designed, each piece is a design statement. If you have been thinking of treating yourself to a fun summer wardrobe, these tunics may just be the perfect summer essentials you needed. Fun to wear, flowy and breezy, these tunics are designed to take you from desk to dinner.

_47A4914-11628268142-2.jpg

A stunning crushed cotton midi accentuated with beautifully embroidered georgette raglan sleeves and lace. Can be paired with high cut pants or tights.

_47A4943-11628268143-3.jpg

This Bohemian “all day long” tunic is designed to be your go-to summer piece. It is loose enough to be comfortable without seeming baggy yet snug enough to be captivating!

_47A47671628268151-0.jpg

Aloha to the bold and the beautiful! This vibrant summer tunic speaks volumes yet beautifully falls to enhance your body frame. The zipper neck is comfortable and adjustable.

_47A5009-11628268141-4.jpg

Chic and classy off white self-embossed front open tunic punctuated with geometrically placed organza stripes paired with a cropped inner and high cut pants. Accessorise it with your favourite statement piece.

_47A48411628268142-1.jpg

This flowy and breezy floor length tunic is designed to give you a taller and slimmer look. Beautifully set in pastel hues designed with raglan sleeves and lace, this is a summer must have!

Back
Top Bottom