What's new

Pakistani kingdoms in mythical Mahabharat epic

Please do not take us wrong...But there was nothing called Pakistan kingdom before 1947...there was Bharat or Hindu stan kingdom prior to the advent of British...Of course, you can say that modern day Pakistan was part of Mahenjodaro Civilization and many other great kingdoms which was depicted in the history.

People are already familiar with this infamous map. Pakistani kingdoms here seem to be Darada, Gandhara, Kasmira, Kamboja, Bahlika, Madra, Kekaya, Amvastha, Sivi, Sauvira.

EpicIndia.jpg

Anyone know where we can get detailed information on these kingdoms mentioned above?

There is nothing called Pakistani kingdom. The idea came into existence some 85 years ago and the country was created 68 years ago. After the creation of the country, the leaders pretended to be Arabs and Afghans and Turks. There is no connection between the history of the land and the state of Pakistan.

The term India was proposed by English in 1600s
The term Indos was proposed by Greeks in referance to Sindh first ..
So ....

BTW If we changed the name of Pakistan to for example "Sindia" or "Gandhara" or "Gedrosia" would that suddenly satisfty you guy's although frankly I don't know whay business it is of you guy's what we call our land in the past?

The term India (Greek), Hindu (Persian/Arabic), Yindoo( Chinese) is a ver old name used by ancient people
....... Indians are interacting with these people since thousands of years ago.

Please can people stay on topic and answer the OP:

On topic il start with some info on the Kambojas. The answer to where these people originated from varies but generally they are located in Northern Pakistan somewhere north or north east of Gandhara. A Parama Kamboja kingdom existed across the border in Badakshan and Tajikistan as well.

The Kambojas although originally considered Kshatriya were later classified as mleccha by the people of the gangetic plains for their foreign customs. This is probably due to iranic influences which may or may not have existed from the very beginning. For example there are references in the Pali texts (Bhuridatta Jataka) according to G.K Nariman of Kambojas practising the killing of snakes and other poisinous insects (a Zoroastrian practice). (https://journals.cambridge.org/actio...tyETOCSession=)

"Kita Patanga Uraga ca Bheka
Bantva Kimim Sujjhati Makkhika ca,
Ete hi dhamma anariyarupa
Kambojakanam vithatha bahunnan"

Those men are counted pure who only kill
Frogs, worms, bees, snakes or insects as they will
Those are your savage customs which I hate
Such as Kamboja hordes might emulate (vol vi, 110)

in some mid third century BCE edicts off the Buddhist king Ashoka from Afghanistan and Pakistan. The existence of at least half-a-dozen rock-carved edicts, written in the Aramaic of the type used in the Achaemenid chancellery, indicates that some of the Iranian speaking Kambojas of the Gandhara/Swat Valley area had continued with their indigenous Zoroasatrian tradition.

Zoroastrianism: An Introduction By Jenny Rose

Romila Thapar too states that

the tribes of the north were mleccha either because they were located on the frontier such as the Gandhara and Kamboja and therefore both their speech and culture had become contaminated and differed from that of aryavarta, or else, as in the case of the Madra's, they were once aryas but having forsaken the riturals were relegated to mleccha status.

When Alexander crossed the Khyber, some Kamboja tribes had settled down in the Kunar region (Aspasioi sometimes linked with the modern day Pashai) and the Swat Valley (Assakenioi) both of which gave stiff to resistance to the Macedonians and injured Alexander with arrows at least on one occasion. Eventually they lost but as soon as Alexander moved on they killed the governor Alexander had left behind i.e. Nicanor and rebelled.

The Kamboja identity eventually weakens and over the centuries they have spread out in different directions. One section of the Kambojas definitely migrated southwards into the Punjab and NW Hindustan settling there. The modern day Kamboh/Kamboj of Punjab claim descent from this group of the Kambojas.

Some Kambojas further moved on towards Sri Lanka and even South East Asia although these groups were totally integrated and no tribe bearing the Kamboja or any other similar name exists there today afaik:

The prevalence of the title among the early kings of Ceylon points to the north-west of the Indian sub-continent as the original home of the Sinhalese. One is led to the same conclusion by the occurrence of the name Kaboja (Kamboja) in some of the cave inscriptiosn. The Kambojas were a people who lived in the upper reaches of the Indus Valley in the present western Pakistan, or Kashmir.

Sri Lanka Past and Present By L. R. Reddy

Theres a lot more to say on the Kambojas such as how they were famous horse breeders and offered their services as mercenary cavalry to the kings around. I think they took part in the Kurukshetra as well vaguely remembering some reference to the blue eyed fair skinned Kamboja prince. Further after Islam came most converted to Islam (with some Sikh/Hindu in East Punjab). However il leave it there now and maybe other members can add more info on the Kambojas.

A list of famous Kamboh/Kamboj that I am aware of:

Hasan Mahmudi Kamboh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shahbaz Khan Kamboh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nawab Khair Andesh Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Udham Singh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Please do not take us wrong...But there was nothing called Pakistan kingdom before 1947...there was Bharat or Hindu stan kingdom prior to the advent of British...Of course, you can say that modern day Pakistan was part of Mahenjodaro Civilization and many other great kingdoms which was depicted in the history.

I don't take anyone who have Kushan ruler surname seriously, no offence but it seem like Indians are in love with these foreign rulers.

Mahabharat was composed by aryans, its hardly representive of Indian culture.

'pakistani' kingdoms :lol:

Now wait for some pasha. Or. Jamal to claim. Shakuni as. His ancestor

Last edited:
And don't forget the Hindu god Vishnava below that has been attested by Gopolsharwamiteli in Rajapandasana wherein it is told that vishava holds Kolasparata and stands on Mumabaikhar with many experts agree in Wikihindupedia. ( In plain English a Hindu god holds earth up ) and the proof is he is wearing loincloth which proves he is Hindu

Edit: Guy's have a look at that pretend map. They have rivers on it going across Thar Desert all the way down to Rann of Kutch ha ha ha. Now we be doing re-doing geograhy. This is absurd beyond belief. These guy's are worse then the most neurotic Mullah.

atlas.jpg
Islam forbids making a mockery or fun of other religions.
It will hurt the followers and then they will spur hatred against our religion.

Prove that it's a work of fiction. You can't. Just like you can't prove that Christ was real. But 2 billion Christians insist its true. Where's the proof?
Buhahahaa..
Man u're one genuine troll :-D

Mahabharat was composed by aryans, its hardly representive of Indian culture.
Mahabharat contains Bharat, surely it doesn't represent Indian culture. Lol karna who was a fighter in Mahabharat was king of anga desh I, e bihar. Man, the level of brainwashing going on in your country is astounding level.

Mahabharat contains Bharat, surely it doesn't represent Indian culture. Lol karna who was a fighter in Mahabharat was king of anga desh I, e bihar. Man, the level of brainwashing going on in your country is astounding level.

Nope, its just representives of aryans. Just watch any episode of Mahabharat on youtube and tell me how the f is that thing representative of Indians/hindus?

Please can people stay on topic and answer the OP:

On topic il start with some info on the Kambojas. The answer to where these people originated from varies but generally they are located in Northern Pakistan somewhere north or north east of Gandhara. A Parama Kamboja kingdom existed across the border in Badakshan and Tajikistan as well.

The Kambojas although originally considered Kshatriya were later classified as mleccha by the people of the gangetic plains for their foreign customs. This is probably due to iranic influences which may or may not have existed from the very beginning. For example there are references in the Pali texts (Bhuridatta Jataka) according to G.K Nariman of Kambojas practising the killing of snakes and other poisinous insects (a Zoroastrian practice).

"Kita Patanga Uraga ca Bheka
Bantva Kimim Sujjhati Makkhika ca,
Ete hi dhamma anariyarupa
Kambojakanam vithatha bahunnan"

Those men are counted pure who only kill
Frogs, worms, bees, snakes or insects as they will
Those are your savage customs which I hate
Such as Kamboja hordes might emulate (vol vi, 110)

Zoroastrianism: An Introduction By Jenny Rose

Romila Thapar too states that

When Alexander crossed the Khyber, some Kamboja tribes had settled down in the Kunar region (Aspasioi sometimes linked with the modern day Pashai) and the Swat Valley (Assakenioi) both of which gave stiff to resistance to the Macedonians and injured Alexander with arrows at least on one occasion. Eventually they lost but as soon as Alexander moved on they killed the governor Alexander had left behind i.e. Nicanor and rebelled.

The Kamboja identity eventually weakens and over the centuries they have spread out in different directions. One section of the Kambojas definitely migrated southwards into the Punjab and NW Hindustan settling there. The modern day Kamboh/Kamboj of Punjab claim descent from this group of the Kambojas.

Some Kambojas further moved on towards Sri Lanka and even South East Asia although these groups were totally integrated and no tribe bearing the Kamboja or any other similar name exists there today afaik:

Sri Lanka Past and Present By L. R. Reddy

Theres a lot more to say on the Kambojas such as how they were famous horse breeders and offered their services as mercenary cavalry to the kings around. I think they took part in the Kurukshetra as well vaguely remembering some reference to the blue eyed fair skinned Kamboja prince. Further after Islam came most converted to Islam (with some Sikh/Hindu in East Punjab). However il leave it there now and maybe other members can add more info on the Kambojas.

A list of famous Kamboh/Kamboj that I am aware of:

]
Informative, on topic and a very good post. Although I knew a little about kambhojas earlier, good that I learnt more today.

P.S: I had noticed a few of your posts in some other threads and didn't have a good opinion. But this post proved me wrong. Thanks for your effort.

Nope, its just representives of aryans. Just watch any episode of Mahabharat on youtube and tell me how the f is that thing representative of Indians/hindus
everything to us, may be not to you. you are not invited to relate to these things . these epics define us. we Indians still name our kids in the people found in Mahabharata . most Hindus still pray to same God as described in Mahabharata.

everything to us, may be not to you. you are not invited to relate to these things . these epics define us. we Indians still name our kids in the people found in Mahabharata . most Hindus still pray to same God as described in Mahabharata.

Again how the f aryans are related to you? They are foreign nomadic cattle thieves, if one read Rig Veda only thing they talk about is cattle stealing. You are praying to aryan gods does not make you one of them, you are just f indian.

Again how the f aryans are related to you? They are foreign nomadic cattle thieves, if one read Rig Veda only thing they talk about is cattle stealing. You are praying to aryan gods does not make you one of them, you are just f indian.
lol . as if i will take your word on this matter as if you are an expert on Vedas/ Sanskrit. keep the opinion to yourself f pakistani.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom