What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTARI: Amidst confusion over the travel plans of 223 Pakistani Hindus who arrived in India in two batches on Friday and Saturday following reports of their persecution, another Hindu family - husband, wife and four children from Sibi district in Balochistan (Pakistan) said goodbye to their friends, relatives and their country with the intent to settle in India.

The family which arrived at the Attari International Railway Station on board Samjhauta Express on Monday, was quite vocal on their plans.

"Pakistan se gila nahin, wahan kae bashindo se gila hai" (We have no complaint from Pakistan but its people) said Mukesh Kumar while talking to TOI .

A grocery shop owner in Sibi, Mukesh said Pakistani immigration officials were so skeptical of the visit of Pakistani Hindus to India that before letting them board Samjhauta Express at Wagah on Monday, they were made to give a written undertaking that they were not harassed in Pakistan and would return.

An emotional Mukesh said he had sold his house and other belongings before leaving Pakistan. "I know my relatives are there and they could be harassed but I had to save my and the life of my family, they might also leave Pakistan one day," he said adding that hundreds of Hindu families were keen to migrate to India.

He said he would now go to Indore to seek help from his cousin who lived there.

Mukesh spoke of the terror in Balochistan where gun-wielding motorcyclists often came to their shops and demanded huge money and went to houses to harass Hindu ladies and took away their ornaments.

Following reports of insecurity among Hindus and their possible mass exodus from Sindh and Balochistan, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari had constituted a three-member committee comprising of senator Hari Ram, member National Assembly Lal Chand and law minister Maula Baksh Chandio to express solidarity with Hindus on behalf of his government and instill a sense of security among them.

Meanwhile, eight-year-old Pranjal Pari, daughter of Mukesh doesn't know that the family has left Pakistan forever. But there was pain in her voice when she said "In school I never played with other (Muslim) girls and remained aloof ."

"Mujhae dar lagta hai , kabhi kuch no kuch hota rehata hai" (I am scared , something keeps on happening) she said.

Echoing her thought was brother Shwet Ahuja who said it was difficult to mix with other boys of his age as they were discriminated.

Mukesh's wife Sumen Devi said they had decided to move India for good after one of their relatives Ravi Kumar was kidnapped by unidentified miscreants and when the family failed to meet their demand of ransom they sent back his dead body after two and half months.

"Mujhe nahi jana wapis ab, bahut ho gaya" (I wouldn't go back, it is enough," she said while wiping her tears.

Mukesh said police did register their cases but didn't do anything to trace the culprits.

Suhani, another Hindu girl who arrived in India remarked sarcastically, "We are very secure as we don't go out of the home and if there is need to move out we wear burqa". She, however, said she had not arrived here to settle but for meeting relatives.

Vashdev , another Hindu from Pakistan said that he had heard of some incidents but didn't know where.

We are harassed in Pakistan, many keen to migrate to India: Pakistani Hindu family - The Times of India

yaar propaganda is busted no need to cry wolf, and please stop harrassing our pakistani hindus with your propagandist media, let them complete the pilgrimage in peace

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3303780 said:
yaar propaganda is busted no need to cry wolf, and please stop harrassing our pakistani hindus with your propagandist media, let them complete the pilgrimage in peace
quoted for truth. indian members should refrain from using questionable indian media sources. it is a sensitive PK topic and should be handled with respect.

101% agreed with Spartacus... lets assume for a moment some hindus stay there in India.. the people who will stay there will have to wait atleast two generations to come at par with Indian resident hindus.. otherwise living in camps and doing small businesses, sometimes being harrassed by RAW as they would be considered as pak spies, no schools for kids.. here they enjoy good businesses.. education.. many become doctors and engineers.. there in India they will have to first produce 'janam putri'... to get admission.. life is not paradise there also..

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3303780 said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rehabilitate Pakistani Hindus: BJP

NEW DELHI: The Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) on Monday demanded the government rehabilitate the Hindus who have arrived in India from Pakistan.

Deputy leader of opposition in the Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said the situation was similar to in 1947 when refugees had fled from both parts of divided India after the Partition.

"The Hindu refugees have come here because they have been persecuted. Specially, women were under serious threat," Prasad said.

"There are well known UN conventions which talk about rehabilitation of refugees ... the Indian government should rehabilitate them," he said.

Prasad also wanted to know why there was "a conspicuous silence on part of those who are so-called champions of minority rights".

ATTARI: A six-member Hindu family from Sibi in Pakistan's Baluchistan district arrived in Attari near Amritsar to seek asylum in India on Monday.

A teary-eyed Mukesh Kumar, the family head, said they were forced to leave due to the harassment meted out to the community. "AK-47 wielding motorcyclists often come to shops of Hindus and demand huge money and often plunder our houses," he said.

Mukesh sold off his house and other belongings before leaving Pakistan. "We have no problem with Pakistan but with people," Mukesh said at the Attari international railway station.

He said his relatives in Pakistan may follow suit. "My relatives are there and could be harassed but I had to save my family. My relatives might also leave Pakistan one day." Mukesh said hundreds of Hindu families are looking to emigrate. He said he would go to Indore, where his cousin lives, and seek his help.

Mukesh, who used to run a grocery shop in Sibi, said Pakistani immigration officials were suspicious about their visit and made them sign an undertaking, saying they were not harassed in Pakistan and would return. Mukesh's wife, Suman Devi, said they decided to leave Pakistan after kidnappers killed one of their relatives after the family failed to pay ransom for his release. "The police did not even register a case. I am not going back to Pakistan." Mukesh's daughter Pranjal Pari (8) is unaware that the family has left its home forever but does not want to go back to her school. "I am never allowed to play with other girls. I am always alone in school."

No its no more than 200,000 which is still a lot to be airlifted all the way from Bangladesh..
Not even the richest countries of the world can do such thing......The bigotry was from Bangladeshi muslims,who rejected anybody who didnt speak Bengali..That was racist of them...
Compared to many hundred thousands who came after 1971 and later...
Many Gujrati Muslims made their way to Pakistan after Gujrat riots by Hindus and were accepted..
So there you go..If Pakistan supports muslims of India it does it with open arms..
Same goes for Kashmiri Muslims..My neighbor was a Jammu Muslim and was living peacefully in the northern town of Pakistan,without trouble and had a good business too...
Unlike you hindus who are two faced,all talk no action...

Who is stoping you to bring them by sea????????????
Its 41 years and as per your claim of 200000, you need to bring in only 5000 annually. Which can also be air lifted....easily.

Who is stoping you to bring them by sea????????????
Its 41 years and as per your claim of 200000, you need to bring in only 5000 annually. Which can also be air lifted....easily.

There is a word called desire.

Mods need to come in and clean up this thread, we have some rabid unwelcomed pagan dogs running loose on this thread, permanent ban for them will be good for the forum.
oiee.. chup kar.. doggies are doggies whether monothestic or pagan

Pakistan govt refuses Hindus to celebrate its Independence Day.
Yudhvir Rana, TNN | Aug 15, 2012, 01.51PM IST
Article

AMRITSAR: Pakistan government reportedly prevented as many as 500 Hindu families comprising of men, women and children to celebrate Pakistan's Independence Day at the Mazar-e-Qaid (tomb of the founder of Pakistan, Mohammad Ali Jinnah) at Karachi on August 14.

After being refused to enter inside the precincts of tomb the Hindu's sat on road in protest and offered prayers for their country from outside the gate of tomb.

This was for the first time that a large number of Hindu's had decided to hold a big function to celebrate their Independence Day , said President of Pakistan Hindu Seva, a NGO, Sanjash S Dhanja while talking to TOI on Wednesday.

Patron of Pakistan Hindu Seva, Mukhi Odhamal informed that Hindus were always treated as second citizens of Pakistan. He said more than 500 Hindu families had gathered at the VIP entrance of Mazar-e-Qaid to celebrate Pakistan's Independence Day but they were stopped by the security officials to enter the tomb complex. He said they had even obtained the permission to enter from VIP gate from the management committee of Mazar-e-Qaid.

He said many other persons were going inside tomb complex from same gate but at Hindus were barred from entering. "We requested to the security officials but they didn't listen to us," he said.

In protest Pak Hindu's sat at the street and protested in support of their demand of seeking equal rights. He said they tried to persuade the security officials that they would approach the higher officials and even inform media .

"Our leaders Pandit Vijay Maharaj Gowsawami and Rajesh Kumar Pandit, from Islamabad, offered prayers for our prosperity and development of our motherland from outside gate of the Mazar-e-Qaid," said Dhanja. He, however said, Hindus at times feel that they didn't have equal rights in their country and questioned, then where should they go?

Pakistan govt refuses Hindus to celebrate its Independence Day at Mazar-e Qaid - The Times of India

This proves Pakistan Government doesn't regard it's Hindus as it's Citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom