What's new

Pakistani doctors are amongst the best in the world: President USMLE

I chanced to accompany a patient to a doctor in rural area of Islamabad capital territory running a hospital. The doctor diagnosed the caused as gallstones. Explaining it further he disclosed that "body movement" causes the gallstones to "roll around insider gallbladder" which causes the pain. Eureka !! :pakistan:

Well as per various studies it is associated with increased risk of Type II DM.

Google it or i will post it when from laptop.The part i wanted to explain with my post is that even a cardiologist put patients on Antihypertensive without proper investigations to rule out the cause.

I understand your point, I wanted to know mechanism of action, now I know that it isn't fully understood...

I just want to ask why did you let him take any thing other than first drug of choice

Rarely some follow the protocol despite the fact they know that Thaizide(though i read that it is associated for increased risk of Type 2 Diabetes) should be the first line.

Let me tell you something one of my relative was put on Hydrochlorothiazde+Losartan by a cardiologist without any single investigation with just a positive history of hypertension.Earlier this year i was interested in the case and told my cousin to do all the related investigations(RFTs,TFT's etc) and fasting blood sugar(which was 117 or in Pre diabetic stage perhaps due to thiazides) so that i could reach the possible cause.He had raised Thyroid hormones and Decreased TSH.Took him to a Physician who put him on a methimazole and can you believe that its been few months his BP is almost normal without taking anti hypertensives.

So this is something i did in my final year but the cardiologist prescribed him antihypertensive without any single investigation.

This is the situation.

Ya, they don't follow the protocol. They should've tested TSH immediately, along with Renal, Lipid profile and even a Cardiac stress test if the patient has history of BP / Corononary artery / Heart disease in his family. Methimazole does great if there is a Thyroid malfunction, resulting in the BP increase. But the BP increase can be due to various reasons, including Diet, Genetics, Heart, Kidney or even Aneurysms. So some immediate tests can quickly point to the most probable cause and more tests can confirm it.

By the way, there is no scientific evidence by NIMH or anyone else that Thiazide cause Diabetes. I've not come across any. But yes, it does temporarily increase the Glucose availability to various channels for transportation. A better way to manage that, is to check for A1C before you put a patient on this. Higher A1C will tell you the person is already pre-diabetic (genetic disposition more than likely if age is around or below 40). So if someone is pre-diabetic, giving them a Cup of Coffee with Sugar in it, or a Plate of Rice Pudding every day will result in full onset of Diabetes within a few years. In which case, you should avoid giving Thiazides. But for the remainder of the 90-95% population, these have been proven excellent first line of defense meds. Thanks.

Ya, they don't follow the protocol. They should've tested TSH immediately, along with Renal, Lipid profile and even a Cardiac stress test if the patient has history of BP / Corononary artery / Heart disease in his family. Methimazole does great if there is a Thyroid malfunction, resulting in the BP increase. But the BP increase can be due to various reasons, including Diet, Genetics, Heart, Kidney or even Aneurysms. So some immediate tests can quickly point to the most probable cause and more tests can confirm it.

By the way, there is no scientific evidence by NIMH or anyone else that Thiazide cause Diabetes. I've not come across any. But yes, it does temporarily increase the Glucose availability to various channels for transportation. A better way to manage that, is to check for A1C before you put a patient on this. Higher A1C will tell you the person is already pre-diabetic (genetic disposition more than likely if age is around or below 40). So if someone is pre-diabetic, giving them a Cup of Coffee with Sugar in it, or a Plate of Rice Pudding every day will result in full onset of Diabetes within a few years. In which case, you should avoid giving Thiazides. But for the remainder of the 90-95% population, these have been proven excellent first line of defense meds. Thanks.

Appreciate your comments.....For your reference and worth to watch covered by National geographic channel

@endyashainin @TheDarkKnight @TheMightyBender @Shotgunner51 @what @Hamzza @terranMarine @ashok321 @Farbeyonddriven @PAKISTANFOREVER @MaMo @Starlord

Appreciate your comments.....For your reference and worth to watch covered by National geographic channel

@endyashainin @TheDarkKnight @TheMightyBender @Shotgunner51 @what @Hamzza @terranMarine @ashok321 @Farbeyonddriven @PAKISTANFOREVER @MaMo @Starlord

Mr. Nair - This video shows me the same scenes that we see in any full service / trauma center US hospital available every 4-5 miles. I am sure this is a great thing for India towards her modernization, but its nothing new here in the US.

In fact, the "in room" MRI that the video shows, is again a decade old technology. In the US, during surgery, there is an MRI and Fluoroscope going on that don't require any patient to be even moved to a different room or a machine, or to a different bed. The surgeon, as he or she cuts the tumor or other objects inside a body, can see live what they are cutting and how much is left so the surgery and the MRI is done at the same time and the surgeon has a real time view of the what he's operating on, how much is left, etc, etc. One surgery does it all. Also, we are now testing the process that how surgeons can sit here and operate on patients thousands miles away through the Robots. Those have also been successful tests but within the US (interstate).

Again, this is great new stuff for India and that particular region that would serve other countries in Africa and South Asia, but there is nothing state of the art here as we are much ahead in these procedures, machines and tech. But thank you for the tag.

Nop They are not.. They prescribe you anti-Bacterial while you're having the Viral Infection...
@SherDil007 The report is bogus.:tdown:

Yup... I accept it. India has some high ranked Scientist as you people spend alot on research than we do..

And bhai the figure is bit exaggerated .. Itnon ko to Visa bhi Nahi Dyti embassy...:P
India does not issue visa to that many people from Pakistan. Also, medical is cheaper in india compare to pakistan for complicated procedures. When these people come to india for treatment, I guess they pay there, I dont think they get free treatment.

Non-Resident Pakistani do tend to represent themselves very well in STEM fields internationally. Proportionally speaking, even better than Indians. I was a student in a University in Toronto in a STEM Field, and we had a sizable amount in every major.

I think there is something in the water in Pakistan, the educated people there have much lower professionalism and courtesy in general (though they are less rigid and more friendly in their manners in most cases)

Mr. Nair - This video shows me the same scenes that we see in any full service / trauma center US hospital available every 4-5 miles. I am sure this is a great thing for India towards her modernization, but its nothing new here in the US.

In fact, the "in room" MRI that the video shows, is again a decade old technology. In the US, during surgery, there is an MRI and Fluoroscope going on that don't require any patient to be even moved to a different room or a machine, or to a different bed. The surgeon, as he or she cuts the tumor or other objects inside a body, can see live what they are cutting and how much is left so the surgery and the MRI is done at the same time and the surgeon has a real time view of the what he's operating on, how much is left, etc, etc. One surgery does it all. Also, we are now testing the process that how surgeons can sit here and operate on patients thousands miles away through the Robots. Those have also been successful tests but within the US (interstate).

Again, this is great new stuff for India and that particular region that would serve other countries in Africa and South Asia, but there is nothing state of the art here as we are much ahead in these procedures, machines and tech. But thank you for the tag.

One of the most advanced Radiation Therapy technology for Cancer treatment

@somebozo @ashok321 @endyashainin @Yousafzai_M @BATMAN @Sloth 22 @Mian Moeez @The Eagle @Ahmer Rana @Gibbs @samsara @Zarvan @PAKISTANFOREVER

Was at Kochi bus station hub (vytila) yesterday.

And saw this extraordinary approach of Kerala Government to its citizens:

Automatic external defibrillator:

temvbfgrtcd.png

World class operation theatre

@Syed1. @NomanAli89 @Well.wisher @notorious_eagle @BondedByBlood @sweetgrape @denel @chauvunist @Sully3 @salarsikander @RazaGujjar @save_ghenda @PakGuns

Back
Top Bottom