What's new

Pakistani corner

Suna hay akhrot khany say dimagh taiz hota hay?
That is Shangrila resort, colorless. heavenly. @Mr.Meap , you should go there some day, check the link too.
Pakistani corner | Page 180
LakeShangrila.jpg

Shangirila-Skardu.jpg

Kachura-Lake-skardu1.jpg

You can PM me
Yes i can.

Dekha aap ne,koilay mai heera chupa hua hai!:lol:
That is why,I just hate people issuing fatwa over somebody's faith.
Basically,young mind needs sometime to mature.The age and level upon which you are standing is a phase of experience and cold personality.Unfortunately,not everyone would be able to decipher the real context of your philosophical statement,you need to simplify things for them.

regards

Your point is well taken, but as Einstein said, "everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", and that is all I can do. What others understand is up to them. :D

That is Shangrila resort, colorless. heavenly. @Mr.Meap , you should go there some day, check the link too.
Pakistani corner | Page 180
LakeShangrila.jpg

Shangirila-Skardu.jpg

Kachura-Lake-skardu1.jpg

Yes i can.

Been to Shangrila resort. Yep, it's a beauty, I took a heap of pictures of it had all of them transferred to my phone and then -.-
I can't even take decent pictures with my tablet, took one of myself and I looked like a character from a horror movie.

Your point is well taken, but as Einstein said, "everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", and that is all I can do. What others understand is up to them. :D

May I interrupt? Well I have already, it will be short, just two lines.

Every natural thing is simple.

When someone looks at the Sun he / she understands it, considering its brightness, size and energy, but still every single being understands what they are looking at. Because its simple.

May I interrupt? Well I have already, it will be short, just two lines.

Every natural thing is simple.

When someone looks at the Sun he / she understands it, considering its brightness, size and energy, but still every single being understands what they are looking at. Because its simple.

Nature appears to be simple, but it is a deeply complex and intricate symphony, for those who delve deeper into its mysteries. That is the true beauty of its creation, for those who wish to understand it better as commanded by Him.

Not really, My genetic engineer teacher took surprise test today and it was just horrible.I guess
Nature appears to be simple, but it is a deeply complex and intricate symphony, for those who delve deeper into its mysteries. That is the true beauty of its creation, for those who wish to understand it better as commanded by Him.

Truly amazing,I was thinking to type that:''Nature is not as simpler as it looks",and thinking further to hint it's complexity but then you posted it in far better way:)

regards

Been to Shangrila resort. Yep, it's a beauty, I took a heap of pictures of it had all of them transferred to my phone and then -.-
I can't even take decent pictures with my tablet, took one of myself and I looked like a character from a horror movie.
Nice, unfortunately i haven't. We hardly get to visit Skardu, ever seen the killer K2. You missed my last post. I understand the pain one goes through with tablets, i hate it when people take pictures with a tablet. I mean come on.

@Gikmet Baltee , salam bhai you are back. Good to have you back. Please share some pictures of shangrila, not personal.
To all those who didn't know his name means, lion of gilgit in baltee language. Nice.

Good luck to you, it is an experience i haven't gone through, yet.

It will be hard, i'll have to make adjustments.

Seems like a nice guy. You are very lucky, never saw me Nana and my paternal grandfather passed away couple of years ago. For your information, my nana was an adviser to the Mir of Hunza back in the days when this system was still kicking.

Have a question, it seems like you have been to a place like Phandur, which is very remote and heavenly. Where else have you been to in Gilgit, or even in Hunza? you must have seen that Airport road in Gilgit, lovely, isn't it?

Nothing good.

salam bhai, keisey hai app?

@Slav Defence , you never guessed....?

Ah but you will one day :D
Wait you're in your second year?.
Oh man, sorry to hear :(.
Yep seen that road, it's amazing when it's drizzling. Lush and green.
I mostly stay with my nana but don't worry, there's always another time.
(I dare you to take a dip in Phandar lake :P)

Not really, My genetic engineer teacher took surprise test today and it was just horrible.I guess

Truly amazing,I was thinking to type that:''Nature is not as simpler as it looks",and thinking further to hint it's complexity but then you posted it in far better way:)

regards

I don't think akhrot guarantee passing a surprise test :D

And I thought nature is all simple.

Ah but you will one day :D
Unfortunately.
Wait you're in your second year?.
of O levels, yes.
(I dare you to take a dip in Phandar lake :P)
:o: sister are you crazy, i was stupid enough to not wear proper clothing's, and you are asking me to take a swim. Are you crazy, it's clod like hell, but the fish is lovely. Isn't it?

PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – 14 amazing photographs of autumn beauty in Nagar Valley

Great news. Gilgit needs more such educational institutes, back in the days people had to travel a lot just to get to a proper institute. Educational structure is quite poor. good development. PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Draft bill for establishment of Baltistan University handed over to GBLA Speaker

good going: PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – World Space Week celebrated in Hunza Valley
Gupis is again home for me: PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Cultural festivals brings together the people of Gupis Valley, Ghizar

Akhrot and badam, take a look at me for example.:lol:

regards

You are student of genetic engineering?

Yasin, what a lovely place. @unleashed ,@Slav Defence -some positives for you...

Themshing Festival celebrated in Hundur Valley, Yasin
Gilgit, October 14: “Themshing” festival was celebrated at the picturesque Hundur village in the Yasin Valley of district Ghizar, Gilgit-Baltistan, in the northern most past of Pakistan. The well-attended festival is a seasonal event, held during autumn, presented very interesting insights about the lives of the people who depend on pastoral activities for food.

Majority of the activities during the Themishing festival were centered around the pastoral cycle and the shepherds. Being a mountainous region, with low landholding, the residents of this region have for centuries depended heavily on pastures and breeding sheep and goat, yaks, for earning their livelihood means.

The trends are changing with the passage of time, as a new generation of university graduates and entrepreneurs take control of the region’s economy, but still a large number of people are involved in pastoral activities.

Shappards are ready to collect cattles from villages

One highlight of the festival was the traditional ritual of singing ‘Bingal’, a traditional song heralding the beginning of the pastoral cycle, and letting residents of the village know that the season has come, and those planning to send their sheep and goats to the pasture should ready the flocks. Bingal is also used for warning against an approaching danger. In the high mountain pastures there are a lot of tigers and other carnivores, which occasionally stroll into pastures for food. Bingal is performed in the face of such a threat to warn the other shepherds.

Hashki being performed by Shepherds standing around the rooftop opening in a traditional house

The traditional ritual of “Hashki” was also a very interesting item.During mid-summers, group of Sheppard’s come back to their village to collect items like sugar, tea, salt, fruits and other edibles which they could use in pastures. These people don’t knock on the doors. Instead, they climb and stand on the roof of the traditional house, around the rooftop opening constructed for allowing light inside – locally called “Somo”, and sing songs to lure the owners of the house into giving the needed edibles.

Sheppards are going towards bigal

“Lobal” was another interesting item surrounding a shepherd. In Lobal, the Sheppard prays for the safety of his/her cattle, by singing a song. The sheep and goats, like humans, face many threats on the narrow mountain tracks. Lobal, thus, is a song of hope for the shepherd.

Tug of War between shepherds and farmers

“Tug of War” was also played between Sheppard’s and farmers.

Traditional Wrestling between shepherds. The winner becomes the chief shepherd for the next season.

Another highlight of the event was “Sumla”, a wrestling match between shepherds. The winner of this ‘wrestling’ is selected as the next chief of the shepherds for the season.

Dances perform during a Duff Tamasha

The traditional ritual of “Duff Tamasha” singing competition among different village groups was also performed. The singers, standing in a circle, play duff and sing enthusiastically.

The traditional culinary food “Makuti” was another important feature of the festival. Makuti, basically, is a traditional cake made by the female head of the family. The major ingredient is maize flour. Makuti is baked on fire. Neighbors are invited to share Makuti. Brothers visit their sisters married in far away villages carrying Makuti, as a sign of goodwill. “Ghulmandi” was another delicious food exhibited during the festival.

Back
Top Bottom