What's new

Pakistan Wins

In all fairness hostage situations are very tricky.

The pressures are immense and expectations high.

I suspect the families of the 8 released policemen consider it a 'win'.

You know, those poor sods who actually put their life on the line, unlike the media elite pontificating from their plush offices.

People who are passing sarcasms dont understand the basics.

Do you guys want those 3 cops to die?? If we get those 3 cops safe this time, we will catch that chhotu &co. some other time.

Cops lives are not valuable for you?

If you remember the Indian Airlines' IC 814 episode, what India did is the right thing. We cant let some people die just to qualify for a "win".

People who are passing sarcasms dont understand the basics.

Do you guys want those 3 cops to die?? If we get those 3 cops safe this time, we will catch that chhotu &co. some other time.

Cops lives are not valuable for you?

If you remember the Indian Airlines' IC 814 episode, what India did is the right thing. We cant let some people die just to qualify for a "win".

The general idea, when we say cops, is that of an honest, hard-working person who is willing to put his life on the line for the safety of others. The reality is quite different in the subcontinent where cop translates as a crook in uniform.

Very true, but still they are humans... I don't know whether to speak against or for on this topic.

The general idea, when we say cops, is that of an honest, hard-working person who is willing to put his life on the line for the safety of others. The reality is quite different in the subcontinent where cop translates as a crook in uniform.

Very true, but still they are humans... I don't know whether to speak against or for on this topic.

They are definitely humans.

But if we can be realistic in this matter: were those police officers the honest, hard-working type or the usual thugs?

If the answer is the latter, then was the exchange worth the hundred of Pakistani lives that will now be lost?

I'm surprised that in 23 posts in this thread, no one has mentioned the super dooper Punjab Govt and its CM who was running after entire Punjab Police department waving his index finger shouting merit, merit, merit, merit... That clown Showbaz Sharif did drama of reforming Punjab Police and paying special attention to this department for full 5 years, and now this is the end result..

Also, one aspect of this entire story is the involvement of PML-N (ruling party in Punjab and center) MPA as middle man who influenced on this issue greatly..

this is just pathetic, they didnt win.

our police and army are just starting to disappoint me now, they do an operation then rest and let the terrorists regroup and then restart the operation, i mean wtf just go all out on these bastards

Heed Develepereo's advice - empathize with policemen who's honor is best served by allowing themselves to be taken hostage.

To be or not to be?
Whether tis noble to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
OR
By Opposing, End them!

This outrageous idea that one is master of their own destiny has no place in Pakistan - in Pakistan Buddh parast populations worshiping beards, weaving magic spells in a language alien to them (speaking in tongues), and scared out of their minds by god of fashion, rule the roost, best to let to leave their buddh, some say - others clearly demented, argue that only by opposing can slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, be ended.

=Developereo;4537689]I suspect the families of the 8 released policemen consider it a 'win'.

Oh i am sure they do, but what about the families who have been killed by these terrorist and will die cause of this release. what we suppose to say to them oh well so sorry for your loss but hey we did save the lives of police guys who instead of doing their jobs chose to surrender.:victory:

precedence has been set now look forward to these kinds of encounters and release of more terrorist.

You know, those poor sods who actually put their life on the line, unlike the media elite pontificating from their plush offices.

Join in the police force in pakistan isn't mandatory they chose this occupation with the full knowledge of what the job is no one forced them to join.As a matter effect People in pakistan pay big big bribes to join police their intentions arent exactly to serve and protect.

But how would you conclude that??? Not every citizen in the Air India plane which was hi jacked were good people... some of them may have been smugglers, beating wives, low level thugs etc etc... I am more inclined towards no negotiations with terrorists... but then I can be wrong too???

They are definitely humans.

But if we can be realistic in this matter: were those police officers the honest, hard-working type or the usual thugs?

If the answer is the latter, then was the exchange worth the hundred of Pakistani lives that will now be lost?

Heed Develepereo's advice - empathize with policemen who's honor is best served by allowing themselves to be taken hostage.

Brilliant.

Would you have the intellectual honesty to apply the same logic to Israeli soldiers who get captured and traded for scores of Palestinian prisoners? Would you dare castigate them for "allowing themselves to be taken hostage"?

Or are such elitist pronouncements reserved for the unwashed masses of Pakistan?

police guys who instead of doing their jobs chose to surrender.:victory:

I expect you will present details of the encounter and how the police "surrendered" in this case?

I am sure the families of the policeman will heave a sigh of relief. This is not something to be ignored they are also humans.
@RazorMC .. sir how can we on internet decide whether they are hard working or inefficient ??

Let them have their peace of mind, if the authorities take a tough stand then these kind of Chotu's can be eliminated easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom