What's new

Pakistan will push UN to declare Indian Ocean 'nuclear free zone', says Aziz

So to sum up

1) Pakistan wants ENTIRE Indian Ocean, a body of water that does not touch Pakistan's shores, to be nuclear free which means banishing not just India but US, UK, France, Russia and above all China. Yep, I agree, Pakistan can totally pull this off.

indian-ocean-map.gif

It reminded me of this.

Marshall Islands sue Britain, India and Pakistan over nuclear weapons
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...itain-india-and-pakistan-over-nuclear-weapons

2) On one hand they keep harping about the yet to be built Chinese AIP submarines & the non existent SLCM on the other hand they feel threatened by India. Why? If you have the gumption go for it.

3) Some here cannot differentiate between cruise missiles and ballistic missiles and inherent complexity & superiority of the latter. They also think that a subsonic cruise is the next best thing to sliced bread which to me was quite hilarious.

That was a crude calculation to prove that a subsonic cruise missile moving in a terrain hugging mode provides enough reaction time that it could be shot down even by using guns; even in most adverse condition where there is no AWACS cover and a missile becomes visible on radar only after it is under the horizon.

The point was that Cruise missile are comparatively easier to shoot down than a ballistic missile or a manned fighter aircraft flying similar terrain profile, both of which are correct.
Guess what, the earth isn't smooth. The terrain is uneven, you know.

Of course it is easier to shoot it down, the detection is the hard part.

Back
Top Bottom