What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

It's a good point and I think can be attributed to various factors

1) Not all modern AFs/Armies do, UK for instance has never been in the long range SAM business (Bloodhound was an abberation)
2) PAF has always steered investment to jet fighters. If you look at say ratio of helicopters and transports compared to fighters, this is small compared to other air forces, with PAF have a tiny chopper and transport fleet compared to its huge jet fighter fleet. Same case with SAMs.
3) Funding, always a problem in Pakistan
4) Availability, US will never sell PAC-3 or THAAD, S-400 maybe out due to India, so we have to wait for Chinese solution

I understand. There are other alternatives though,French Aster or NASAMs or like you said the Chinese. Basically it's the Chinese,but...it's so weird that a nuclear country like Pakistan which has big problems with another nuclear country,hasn't had a long-range SAM or anti-ballistic system decades now!
Hopefully you will get Chinese AAs very fast. It would have been great if you got Vityaz and S-300PMU2s but you know the neighbors will nag about it.

I understand. There are other alternatives though,French Aster or NASAMs or like you said the Chinese. Basically it's the Chinese,but...it's so weird that a nuclear country like Pakistan which has big problems with another nuclear country,hasn't had a long-range SAM or anti-ballistic system decades now!
Hopefully you will get Chinese AAs very fast. It would have been great if you got Vityaz and S-300PMU2s but you know the neighbors will nag about it.

I agree with you, and this is what I have been saying. But one needs to understand Pakistan's position and circumstances. Considering the size of India which is 7x than us in landmass, population and has a big economy than ours. Considering Pakistan's limited economic resources Pakistan always believed in an offensive posture, as buying or developing ABM is very expensive. There is a saying, the best defense is the offense.

But now Pakistani is economically stable and have started doing good on other fronts as well. So now is the perfect time to integrate a Long-range SAM considering there will be S400 next door.

@PanzerKiel @Bilal Khan (Quwa) You guys haven't broken the news of air defense system yet :agree:
. Because the present environment of the forum dictates.... That something which is not officially told by the relevant department is simply out of question....there are members here who want proof of everything...

. Because the present environment of the forum dictates.... That something which is not officially told by the relevant department is simply out of question....there are members here who want proof of everything...
Didnt you already reveal what the pak army ad is getting? Wasnt it the fd2000B?

bhai shaib hum jase Massom, farista sifat, nek dil, ba thazeeb, aur tabedar bachoo ke kaan main hi sargoshi ker dey Direct Message Option use ker key ..... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Kya pata hamari ainkoo ko thandak aur rooh ko chain mil jaye ....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

By the way has PA replaced LAADS , kamaz kum poorani American truck chassis hi replace kardo LAADS ki , American trucks are very aged and break down often .

What are the choices?
Russian S-350
China HQ-9C
Turkish (new air defense in development)

My guess would be HQ-9C. Unless Russia is will to sell us long range missiles defense system without any conditions.

It could be Aster-30X as we have good relationship with MBDA and for PN we are buying CAMM-ER from them.

PAF higher ups are Jet-jocks. buying stuff like SAMs is like an insult to them. the Jet lobby always has been very very strong in PAF. their thinking is that air-def = jets.

PAF higher ups are Jet-jocks. buying stuff like SAMs is like an insult to them. the Jet lobby always has been very very strong in PAF. their thinking is that air-def = jets.
Very interesting,I didn't know about that. So it's more of a mindset. A school of thought that goes way back,let's say.

Well if it is a PAF system and seeing as they operate SPADA 2000 in mid level role and only inducted these relatively recently then I imagine it would make sense for a higher level system that can work with this?

Aster 30 maybe a problem as France is involved, maybe a land version of CAAM-ER but then this presents no increase in range over SPADA 2000.

Very unlikely to be a US system or Russian, so guess it is Chinese!?

Back
Top Bottom