What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

CAMM ER is finalized for Milgem Class Ships .

PAF will get something advanced long range, FD 2000 most likely

Italians have allowed it in past so not a far fetched idea.
Grifo 7 Radar on F-7
Selex Falco Drone
etc....
Swedes sold full rights for SAAB Safari/Supporter which led to MFI-17 Super Mushak.

Issue is do we have the volume for justifying the upfront licensing fee. There is a minimum order quantity (MOQ) for feasibility of such things, else its more convenient buying straight from supplier.

We always have the concerns for licencing fee and the numbers and finding ourselves with empty pot moneywise, absence of technology and no jobs.
There are 3 military services and between them there is enough demand to justify the numbers and if any of the services generals refuses or hesitates government must show them the door. Its the government who have to take the lead and armed forces need to set the technical criteria and the required numbers.
We have the mental blockage from producing products ourselves and our brain cells work over time to buy from abroad. Civilian sector have got enough dosh for construction sector and expensive housing societies am sure they will cough up the money with the right incentives for missiles production complex colonies. We lack the spirit, direction and the will to do ourselves rest is hosh wash. We said the same thing in 60's regarding making our own tractors considering we are agricultural based country. In 70's we had a small debate on the cars production and that gone no where and in 2010 decade used the same excuses for setting up helicopters facilities. We need to change our mind set and then we will be proud of things made in Pakistan.

HQ 9 will go to Army, why is Air Chief talking about Air defence system?

PAF has historically operated western systems, the entire infrastructure is based off of western systems.

You are right but now history is being changed. Our latest medium range Air defence System; LY-80 is a Chinese one.

Still, we are struggling for both Western and Chinese systems, provided it is offered and it suits our budget and requirements.

If we talk about long range system, other than FD 2000, no other option is in hand right now.

You are right but now history is being changed. Our latest medium range Air defence System; LY-80 is a Chinese one.

Still, we are struggling for both Western and Chinese systems, provided it is offered and it suits our budget and requirements.

If we talk about long range system, other than FD 2000, no other option is in hand right now.

no, the LY-80 is the Army ADC's system. The PAF in 2013 was evaluating systems from Raytheon, Diehl and MBDA. MBDA IT is also more than happy to deal with Pakistan (Germany is too aswell to some extent).

Not that this is important but
View attachment 753895
I believe the PA PAF style of salute is British while the PN style is American. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, it's always been a curiosity. You kind of missed the point Zarvan bhai. Obviously salutes don't have anything to do with procurement (I'm not stupid lol). That was just a (hopefully) funny comment.

In all probability? In the past? Please remind us of the drones bought by the PA, PAF, and PN. Not saying it can't happen. I'm saying I haven't seen evidence of it so I am skeptical.
You are correct about the Salute style, PN is definitely a US Style, while Army / Airforce UK / British.

No official/unofficial info yet.

O bolo tey sai !

Hisar series of air defense systems of Turkey canbe a great alternative to western equipment.

Come on! What's going on with you guys? I've been asking my Pakistani friend for years now,how come a country like Pakistan does not have a long-range SAM system?
A country with the population,economy and military threats like Pakistan should have had a reliable long-range AA shield a long time ago. I really can't understand why.

Come on! What's going on with you guys? I've been asking my Pakistani friend for years now,how come a country like Pakistan does not have a long-range SAM system?
A country with the population,economy and military threats like Pakistan should have had a reliable long-range AA shield a long time ago. I really can't understand why.

It's a good point and I think can be attributed to various factors

1) Not all modern AFs/Armies do, UK for instance has never been in the long range SAM business (Bloodhound was an abberation)
2) PAF has always steered investment to jet fighters. If you look at say ratio of helicopters and transports compared to fighters, this is small compared to other air forces, with PAF have a tiny chopper and transport fleet compared to its huge jet fighter fleet. Same case with SAMs.
3) Funding, always a problem in Pakistan
4) Availability, US will never sell PAC-3 or THAAD, S-400 maybe out due to India, so we have to wait for Chinese solution

Back
Top Bottom