What's new

Pakistan Vs India - 2017 Champions Trophy Final

sorry but Ramadhan has nothing to do with a cricket match. just recall Kohli's post game comment "we were outclassed in every dept. of the game". case closed. in my personal opinion, it was the Indian arrogance which let them down.
Exactly, indians were so blinded by their arrogance that they did not realise that after the defeat in first match, team Pakistan gradually improved and won all subsequent matches beating teams like SL, SA and Eng to reach the final. But indian media kept mocking Pakistani team and its players individually out of sheer ignorance and arrogance. They made disgusting songs, even their celebrities showed the stinky gutters in their minds by initiating "baap-beta" controversy and giving the cricket match the whole new meanings...Why could they not treat this just like a game? so the day saw india went down against Pakistan totally dominated in every aspect....Pakistan came on top in batting, bowling and fielding: the coordination and the confidence of the team was outstanding for example when the 18-yrs old Shadaab Khan LBWed much more experienced Yuvraj Singh and the umpire missed it, he went for the ONLY review the team had in the innings with full SUPPORT from his captain.

Many indian experts cannot wrap their head around the fact that it is a different Pakistani outfit and it was not the bad performance of indian team rather a stellar performance by the Pakistani team that resulted in Pakistan's thumping victory. However, I must say that indian team itself is well behaved and has some good players.

Indians, don't be bad losers. Take it graciously, show some sportsman spirit, and acknowledge that you were up against a better team and don't blame everything on the decision to chase..your team won the toss and elected to chase and the same was suggested by all the experts. Batting first won't have made much of a difference to indian team's miseries, except instead of losing by 180-runs, indian would have lost by 10-wkts (and perhaps that may have been more palatable since 10-wkts defeat is perhaps not unique while 180-run margin is the biggest defeat margin in any ICC final)
Better luck for future!!!

Last edited:
19437790_10155396506749919_1490537380348652668_n.jpg

19495933_1723239764382844_1741453207_o.jpg

Exactly, indians were so blinded by their arrogance that they did not realise that after the defeat in first match, team Pakistan gradually improved and won all subsequent matches beating teams like SL, SA and Eng to reach the final. But indian media kept mocking Pakistani team and its players individually out of sheer ignorance and arrogance. They made disgusting songs, even their celebrities showed the stinky gutters in their minds by initiating "baap-beta" controversy and giving the cricket match the whole new meanings...Why could they not treat this just like a game? so the day saw india went down against Pakistan totally dominated in every aspect....Pakistan came on top in batting, bowling and fielding: the coordination and the confidence of the team was outstanding for example when the 18-yrs old Shadaab Khan LBWed much more experienced Yuvraj Singh and the umpire missed it, he went for the ONLY review the team had in the innings with full SUPPORT from his captain.

Many indian experts cannot wrap their head around the fact that it is a different Pakistani outfit and it was not the bad performance of indian team rather a stellar performance by the Pakistani team that resulted in Pakistan's thumping victory. However, I must say that indian team itself is well behaved and has some good players.

Indians, don't be bad losers. Take it graciously, show some sportsman spirit, and acknowledge that you were up against a better team and don't blame everything on the decision to chase..your team won the toss and elected to chase and the same was suggested by all the experts. Batting first won't have made much of a difference to indian team's miseries, except instead of losing by 180-runs, indian would have lost by 10-wkts (and perhaps that may have been more palatable since 10-wkts defeat is perhaps not unique while 180-run margin is the biggest defeat margin in any ICC final)
Better luck for future!!!

Hi,

I will give a different perspective---. It were the pakistanis who had lost respect of their team from the first match onwards---. And other than Rameez raja---hardly any could think of a reason for pakistan ot beat india---.

So---if the indian took a hint and kept on bashing---went too far---and had to eat crow.

Hi,

I will give a different perspective---. It were the pakistanis who had lost respect of their team from the first match onwards---. And other than Rameez raja---hardly any could think of a reason for pakistan ot beat india---.

So---if the indian took a hint and kept on bashing---went too far---and had to eat crow.

Well, after losing the first game, the men in green won all the matches and kept on improving so it was ignorant of the people not to take them seriously.

I'm no expert of cricket and I couldn't watch a single match live but I kept checking the scores at regular intervals in each match: I could see the improvement in Pakistani squad's performance and they were consistent in this series something that has been flaky over the years.

So it was a big eye opener, a wake up call and the people who couldn't see that coming, went into shock after the final regardless of which side of the border they were.

But I must emphasize that at no point any Pakistani celebrity insulted any indian player, never made a derogatory song... about them... We just wanted to play a good game and win it and we just did that.

Last edited:
Well, after losing the first game, the team in greens won all the matches and kept on improving so it was ignorant of them not to take seriously. I'm no expert of cricket and I couldn't watch a single match live but I kept checking the score at regular intervals in each match. I could see the improvement in Pakistani squad's performance and they were consistent in this series something that has been flaky over the year.

So it was a big eye opener, a wake up call and the people who couldn't see that coming, went into shock after the final regardless of which side of the border they are.

But I must emphasize that at no point any Pakistani celebrity insulted any indian player, never made a derogatory song... about them... We just wanted to play a good game and win it and we just did that.
Just the law of averages catching up. We have lost to even bangladesh and england to ireland or holland. Just lucky.

Well, after losing the first game, the men in green won all the matches and kept on improving so it was ignorant of the people not to take them seriously.

I'm no expert of cricket and I couldn't watch a single match live but I kept checking the scores at regular intervals in each match: I could see the improvement in Pakistani squad's performance and they were consistent in this series something that has been flaky over the years.

So it was a big eye opener, a wake up call and the people who couldn't see that coming, went into shock after the final regardless of which side of the border they are.

Hi,

Just because we talked bad about our team---the team indians took it upon them to make derogatory comments about our team and players---.

And that was un-called for---it was strange to see that kind of rhetoric and emotion---it was so blatantly outrageous---that it made no sense at all.

Hi,

Just because we talked bad about our team---the team indians took it upon them to make derogatory comments about our team and players---.

And that was un-called for---it was strange to see that kind of rhetoric and emotion---it was so blatantly outrageous---that it made no sense at all.

I think you are perhaps referring to Amir Sohail, I didn't know about this player from 90's era before this series thanks largely to his unkind, false and baseless accusations and immature and idiotic comments that were totally unnecessary and uninvited, I came to know about him. What a horrible analyst he is. I was really shocked but relieved to see that he didn't garner any support from any expert even from the other side of the border. He must realise that being a star does not mean that you bad mouth a good side. It is only in Pakistan and Pakistani media that such unfounded and malicious comments are allowed to be aired that otherwise be scrutinised before being aired.

Good that he exposed himself, so now keep him at a bay from all cricketing affairs since he can only be a negative influence.

Ball didn't touch wickets close bounce near wicket after a shot and ball reeves back amazingly towards bowler without touching the wicket.
Allah does not like arrogance. Indians were too arrogant before the final and we all know that pride hath a fall.

Last edited:
Ball didn't touch wickets close bounce near wicket after a shot and ball reeves back amazingly towards bowler without touching the wicket.
Actually you are wrong. The ball hit the wickets and one bail was partially in the air but settled back. Guess bail was too heavy.

So its not a fluke then Pakistan so will we be seeing India getting lost by 180 runs by other teams frequently, you agree ???

Pakistan team improved by fluke is beating Indian Team by 180 runs (or just beating Indian team), Probablity of occurrence of such an event is rare and happen only by chance.

How many times in career (even in green fast pitches) Kohli gave 2 back to back chances, accept it, it was fluke , chance , luck and exception.

If not then lets see how many matches Pakistan will win by 180 runs this year or coming year. Statictics will proove it that it was fluke
Look,
There are so many Codings in the Game that unfortunately won't get read by Indian Coaches during the game.
a) Puzzle of New Players, all team in dressing room usually plan the game plan esp how to tackle big names...I personally think...Your side picked Junaid Khan to play safely instead of M.Amir Khan and that proved disastrous.
b) Fakhar Zaman proved himself as Trump Card, and M.Hafeez & Babar displayed themselves as Narender Card for both Indian and pak awam
c) Winning Toss and decided to Ball first....in 300+ pitch is not a good idea.....former Captain Imran khan in last day before final also advised something similar like that...If you win Toss then go for Batting first...why? bcoz play aggressive game, not defensive.....defensive mindset has beaten you, not the Pakistani team
d) If I would be in the shoes of Indian Coach...I would advise my top 3 players to forget 340 runs from the mind and go for 200 runs chase in 30 overs and then ask later players to chase remaining 140 runs in 120 balls. After having 2nd life from M.Amir your Kohli was so stupid to give cracking shot for four (in very next ball)
e) last but not least....I think it is proven analogy......You Cannot win....i repeat ....You cannot win a team when they are on (Upswing). Like Aus win in 1999 - they narrowly make their way in Semi then in Semi-finals they narrowly managed to make score Equal....but they qualified for final for better Run Rate in the tournament. then in Finals, they obliterated Pak sided (that was in high momentum). It's a once in a blue moon like event...appears in different form like Moon changes shape
winning a 3 match knockout tournament lottery dosent makes your side great , wait a year and check your ODI performance
It feels like to me....our Captain has a Defensive mindset like Indian Team Captain Kohli....Ricky Ponting mindset is required here.
Pakistan was a deserving winner. It turned around after the abysmal start. I thought the only match they got lucky to win was against Sri Lanka when regulation catches were dropped by Sri Lanka towards the end. I think it was Sarfaraz whose catch was dropped. You win a match by fluke, not a tournament. And with all due respect to bowlers like Aamir and Hasan Ali, they are not a patch on Wasim, Waqar or Shoaib Akhtar.
hmm, I don't think so....If Hassan Ali envisage himself lesser/Better than Wasim/Waqar....then the result will be likely what he thinks about himself.

Last edited:
hmm, I don't think so....If Hassan Ali envisage himself lesser/Better than Wasim/Waqar....then the result will be likely what he thinks about himself.

It's also about skill. Hasan Ali neither is as fast as Waqar nor can he control the swing the way Wasim did. And Akram is a once in a lifetime bowler - he would walk into any XI in any era.

Sarfraz Ahmed meets President Mamnoon Hussain

l_213579_115713_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed on Friday called on President Mamnoon Hussain, according to Geo News.

The captain was invited to the State Guest House by the president. Geo News reported that the president congratulated Ahmed for winning Champions Trophy.

Pakistan crushed defending champions India by 180 runs at The Oval to win the Champions Trophy for the first time on June 18.

A century by Fakhar Zaman and a devastating bowling display by Pakistan ended India's hopes of becoming the first team to capture the title three times.

Hundreds of fans gave Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed a hero’s welcome as he arrived home carrying the ICC Champions Trophy.

Men, women and children packed Karachi airport as Sarfraz returned from England, where Pakistan thrashed arch-rivals India to be crowned surprise winners.

Sarfraz held up the trophy to loud cheers and chants of “Long live Sarfraz!” as a police band played patriotic songs nearby.

Wow what a celebration was had, if not for Roza, would have got the strippers, young ladies champagers out.

Back
Top Bottom