What's new

Pakistan Vs India - 2017 Champions Trophy Final

Hasan vows to keep on playing ‘like a lion’

1441305-image-1498046537-563-640x480.jpg

ATTACK-MINDED: Hasan has emerged as a key weapon under skipper Sarfraz, something he says is down to his attention to detail and never-back-down attitude. PHOTO: AFP

The 2017 ICC Champions Trophy’s player of the tournament Hasan Ali wants to keep on playing aggressive cricket, one which in his own words is reminiscent of playing ‘like a lion’.

Under the new leadership of Sarfraz Ahmed, Hasan — who finished the recently concluded tournament with 13 wickets — has emerged as a key weapon, something he says is down to his attention to detail and never-back-down attitude.

“I play cricket as if I worship it,” said Hasan in an interview with ESPNcricinfo. “I always feel that I should not fall short of my plans. I want to play like a brave man, like a lion. I followed Vicky [Waqar Younis] bhai a lot; his aggression, his bowling [fascinates me]. But I also bowl according to the conditions. Pace [alone] does not matter. You have to ally it with your skills”

Hasan, who started his career for the Men in Green in August 2016, also credited former all-rounder and incumbent Pakistan bowling coach Azhar Mahmood for helping him get almost instant success at international level.

“Azhar [Mahmood] bhai has played a very big hand in my success,” he said. “He has taught me a lot about my role, about the bowling plans. He teaches me how to bowl. I always discuss opposition batsmen with him. We talk about the pitch, the ground dimensions, and even which balls will be effective or not.”

The 23-year-old also acknowledged the contribution of his elder brother Ataur Rahman in helping him fulfill his dream of becoming a professional cricketer.

“I started playing cricket like everyone else in Pakistan: in galli and mohalla [alleys and neighbourhood],” recalled Hasan. “The biggest influence from those days has been my elder brother Ataur Rahman. He didn’t get to play a lot at the domestic level, but he was a very good player. I started playing cricket after watching him. After Allah, if I have belief and respect [for anyone] it is for my brother. If I am successful today, it is because of him. For me, he sacrificed everything.”

Hasan further revealed how his brother built a cement pitch for him in 2009, from which point on making it as a cricketer became both his and his sibling’s only mission in life.

“Once my brother realised that I was serious about cricket, he made me a pitch in 2009,” he added. “It is a cement pitch on which I practise even today. We made that pitch with our own hands. We dug the ground two-feet deep, put the concrete in and asked a bricklayer to polish it.”

Hasan continued: “Before my debut, I was not even staying home. My brother made me a room adjacent to the nets. I would only go home to freshen up and meet my parents. My brother wanted me to be always serious about my cricket.”

Hasan then moved on to discussing the Champions Trophy triumph, revealing which of his 13 scalps was the most pleasing. “It was Eoin Morgan’s wicket,” he said. “When I returned for the second spell, the ball was reversing slightly. My plan for him was that if I could pitch on the same spot for three or four balls and put pressure on him by creating dots, he would 100% charge me. I was bowling outswing when he suddenly stepped out. I pitched it wide and he edged it, luckily for me.”

winning a 3 match knockout tournament lottery dosent makes your side great , wait a year and check your ODI performance
thanks to remind us... we will improve pak team and there is nothing you can do about it...

Its a fluke because a team like India rarely loses by 180, tell me when did Pak beat India by 180 runs in ODI

In last 8 years it has happened only 2 times when India lost by over 180 runs,
It does not happen occasionally hence a fluke,

Pakistan also don't lose by 124 runs everyday to India. But still it happened. The thing is on that day Pakistan played cr@ped and India played better on that day and hence 120 runs defeat. Nothing fluke in it.

In the same way on Sunday Pakistan played brilliantly an d outclassed in every manner hence 180 runs. Pakistan has beaten you 72 times too before that match. There is no fluke here. You just got outclassed.

You are unable to digest this thrashing hence calling it fluke. Keep calling it fluke for your satisfction. We understand your pity situation. But still joota to parha. Aur bohat tabiyat sai parha hai :lol:

winning a 3 match knockout tournament lottery dosent makes your side great , wait a year and check your ODI performance

But it makes us champions of champions trophy and that is what matters for us.

Pakistan also don't lose by 124 runs everyday to India. But still it happened. The thing is on that day Pakistan played cr@ped and India played better on that day and hence 120 runs defeat. Nothing fluke in it.

In the same way on Sunday Pakistan played brilliantly an d outclassed in every manner hence 180 runs. Pakistan has beaten you 72 times too before that match. There is no fluke here. You just got outclassed.

You are unable to digest this thrashing hence calling it fluke. Keep calling it fluke for your satisfction. We understand your pity situation. But still joota to parha. Aur bohat tabiyat sai parha hai :lol:

But it makes us champions of champions trophy and that is what matters for us.

Fluke is fluke, else ICC would have changed rankings

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom