What's new

Pakistan Vs Australia-Cricket 2016-17 Tour News and Updates.

86/4 oh my my they lose three wickets in one hour as per this speed they gonna face another embarrassment even before lunch.

241 in just 32 overs!! Holy crap...
I don't think it will be easy for team India to defeat Australia even in India.

What happened in Australia? Pakistan wasnt this bad. Almost 3-0 now and losing by big margins. Bowling totally let us down. Yasir used as a stock defensive bowler.

Whats the reason for such a debacle? Any idea?

What happened in Australia? Pakistan wasnt this bad. Almost 3-0 now and losing by big margins. Bowling totally let us down. Yasir used as a stock defensive bowler.

Pakistan has been constantly whitewashed in Australia since 1999

Exactly what happened to NZ and England in India. English team were on verge to win the first test and after their first loss in second, they collapsed mentally and went on to lose later games by an innings. Just like India, its very difficult to defeat Australia at home. They know the conditions very well.

While the players who failed miserably here did well most of the 2016 season , so it is something the new players will have to live with

I just felt , we lacked a 5 player bowling Attack, too much pressure on Amir will do Miracles

We could have played a strong Attack
  • Junaid Khan
  • Rahat Ali
  • Wahab Riaz (Some what ok batsmen)
  • Amir (Acting as a All Rounder Now)
  • Sohail Khan (Some what ok batsmen)
Part Timer Spinner
  • Azhar Ali

For Batsmen:

We lacked replacement players (subs)
  • Ahmed Shazad
  • Umar akmal
  • Latif (Power hitter)

Player who were consistent were
  • Azhar Ali average (81 Runs not bad)
  • Asad safiq (Average 40 runs)
  • Younis Khan average 59 runs

Tremendous Failiures:
  • Babar Azam unexpectidly
  • Misbah (not his old self , something changed since he took pakistan to top spot in test)

Over Achivers :
  • Sohail Khan bowler , scored 75 runs in just 1 Test match for a bowler he made a case for himself as dependable batsmen
  • Amir , scored 118 from 3 test matches, batting ability keeps getting better

• I think the bigger reason for failiure was not enough practice matches before the actual test, some players struggled on the first time they started their innings and the lack of confidence was visible

Ideal formation should have been , or could have been

Sharjeel (Opener)
Latif (Opener)
Azhar Ali (1 Down & Part time Spinner)
Younis Khan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asad Shafiq (Should have rested out Misbah if he was not feeling motivated)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarfaraz

All Rounders/Bowlers (Should have attacked Australians more)

• Wahab Riaz (Some what ok batsmen)
  • Amir (Acting as a All Rounder Now)
  • Sohail Khan (Some what ok batsmen)
  • Junaid Khan
  • Rahat Ali

Subs should have been Taken with team to Tour

1 - Ahmed Shahzad
2- Sami Aslam (Suprisingly he faield miserably)
3- Umer Akmal
4- Spinner 1 : Yasir Shah
5- Spinner 2 : Mohammad Asghar (Sadly was not given a chance to debut)
6 - Babar Azam (Totally Failed big time)

The strategy of Amir will do miracles clearly did not work infact got him injured

If you are going to play in Australia knowing they have fast track ? Why bother with Spinners
go 5 Fast pace attackers

The strategy of 3 fast quickies and 1 spinner , sorta meant , weaker bowling attack , and most pakstani bowlers , got tired fast which resulted in massive score results for Australians

Last edited:

It's not bowling it's batting which flopped badly specialy Misbah and Sami, the last two pitches were perfect batting pitches OR you could say their bowling were also super. Time for Misbah to say good bye.

Well if you think about the game from "Stamina" prespective , the underlying problem with Pakistan was lack of consistent pressure on Australians

Australians , just defended first few overs, and then once Pakistani bowlers (quickies) got tired they whacked them around the park

Pakistan has a Luxury of one of few natiosn that have abundance of Fast quickies we could have played Series with 5 Quickies , and 1 part time spinner

Daily Workload
  • 5 Quikies 16 over each 80 overs (Little more effort then ODI so bowler stays fresh)
  • 1 Part time spinner 10 overs

It is a bit more competitive between Pakistan's own bowlers to perform to certain level so they don't look bad compared to other bowlers

I mean look at the Options we could have gone with for Solid 5 QUICK attack ? vs a lame , 2.5 bowling attack with one bowler limping around whole series

1- Amir
2- Wahab
3- Junaid Khan
4- Rahat Ali
5 - Sohail Khan
------------------------------
6- Imran Khan
7 - Umar Gul
8 - Anwar Ali

PS : At least 4-5 PSL bowlers in queue who await a chance on big stage

Similarly Lack of a Sub for Batsmen , made the other batsment very complacent and easy on tour not fearing for their position to be alloted to next guy in queue
  • Ahmed Shazad
  • Khalid Latif
  • Umar Akmal
They traditionally are clean hitters of ball

All those "close range" fielders would be useless if you had few clean hitters on your team

Last edited:
better luck next time. Pakistan played better in patches, but overall they were a let down.

amir has been the biggest disappointment in the series of new zealand and australia. from rest of the team i never had any expectation. pak has to come back to the pace combination that last won us a series against india i.e junaid and irfan. wahab was consistent with his no balls. yasir is good only for test matches in UAE. imran khan should never be given a chance again. he has no pace, swing and bounce. the idea of playing with 4 bowlers has failed consistently. amir got injured and then it was a disaster. pakistan should go with 11 bowlers. they will score more runs then our regular batsmen. and misbah uncle please home now. i still cant forget what you did in the semi final in 2011 world cup against india.

I show the highlights. Instinct to stick to the creeze was lacking in pakistani cricketers. Except one or two players, all other failed to apply themselves.

Batting was better than bowling this time, worrying signs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom