What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I think you are conflating Albatross and Albatross NG. Albatross is a legacy system based around Aspide 2000 (this is essentially the Sea/ship mounted version of SPADA 2000). The Albatross NG is based on CAMM-ER and is VLS based. I dont think it comes in box launcher form. That said, there is definitely room for an 8 cell VLS for something like MILDAS or a 12 cell GWS.35 where the current FM-90 sits. Some of the cell may need to protude up, but it is doable.

The Aspide 2000 is upgraded version of Aspide.
Here's the supplier more info/specs: https://www.mbda-systems.com/product/aspide-2000/

That's true its not as recent as the CAMM-ER. But I am hesitant to believe that PN would install a VLS / a major upgrade and spend that much on F-22Ps. I still believe the new VLS would be only for newer ships like Jinnah and maybe possible for Yarmooks batch II as well.

For F-22Ps, I always thought PN may replace the FM-90 with 15 or 24 cell HHQ10 point defense. (Just like what PLAN did). If not that then the other option could be Albatross based external launcher as shown in the below link:

But we'll see. Ofcourse I would love to see the VLS in Zulfiqars if PN really take the daring step of major upgrade & able to approve good bucks $$ for it.

For F-22Ps, I always thought PN may replace the FM-90 with 15 or 24 cell HHQ10 point defense. (Just like what PLAN did). If not that then the other option could be Albatross based external launcher as shown in the below
This i agree with. I would think the logical, low cost upgrade is with FL-3000N (HHQ-10), BUT, if they really wanted to get the most out of F-22P, they would go with the VLS. Even if this upgrade (new radars, VLS/Albatross NG, and a new CMS, like the Genesis upgrade for the G-class frigates) costs. $150M per ship, it is still half the cost of a new similarly equipped frigate. Also the interview specifically mentioned Albatross for F-22P.

Emre Koray Gençsoy, Director of Naval Programs at ASFAT A.Ş.:

"In the PNMILGEM and ADKG projects, the commissioning phases of the machines were successfully passed. The machines were taken on board one after the other, PNMILGEM in the water and ADGK on the slipway. In ADKG, gearboxes and shaft, propeller and coupling integration works are planned soon. The first batch of gearboxes has been received. We would like to thank all our partners, especially our teammates and the staff of Istanbul Shipyard Command, who worked with dedication in these difficult days."

*PNMILGEM: BABUR-class corvette construction program
**ADKG: Hisar-class offshore patrol corvettes construction program

CAMM-ER​

All members of the CAMM family share the same cutting-edge active radar seeker and soft-launch system, with CAMM-ER featuring a larger rocket motor designed by AVIO to provide extended range out beyond 40 km.

CAMM-ER was designed to replace the Aspide munition in the Medium Advanced Air Defence System (MAADS) of the Italian Air Force and the GRIFO air defence system of the Italian Army.

CAMM-ER is the missile that will be used in the Albatros NG system, which provides an optimized naval based air defence (NBAD) solution to enhance the defence capabilities of naval fleets.

COMMON ANTI-AIR MODULAR MISSILE-EXTENDED RANGE​

• High rate of fire against multiple simultaneous targets
  • Soft vertical launch technology for minimum launch signature and high performance
  • Compact missile allows for multiple weapons fit in limited spaces
  • Compatible with any surveillance sensor for targeting
  • Vertical launch enabling 360° coverage in all launch sectors
  • Minimal logistics support and maintenance required
CAMM-ER Displayed at IDEX2023

Fpj3sBcakAA1DV0

Last edited:
So...are we guessing that the P-282 is a locally-built variant of the CM-400AKG or SY-400?
Remember this?
There you go...
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @kursed @Akh1112

View attachment 791840

I should've bet money or something lol.

Remember this?
Actually, the PN Chief confirmed that the Tughril-class FFG is armed with the CM-302.

I mean, doesn't change the fundamental point (that their munitions programs are Chinese-based), but I'm starting to doubt whether the "P-282" designation still refers to an ASBM. It's a weird choice for the Babur-class corvette and Jinnah-class frigate.

It's starting to seem that "P-282" may refer to an SSCM, like a locally-built CM-302 or HD-1A.

1678806311075.png

(via Defence Turkey)

So...are we guessing that the P-282 is a locally-built variant of the CM-400AKG or SY-400?
Doesn't PN operate (or have been rumored too) CM-401?
Remember this?
Well you just said what I was gonna say

It's starting to seem that "P-282" may refer to an SSCM, like a locally-built CM-302 or HD-1A.
HD-1A/C is quiet short legged for a proper SSCM , however it may be good enough for a corvette,
IMHO they should go for something like the full fat HD-1 instead. It seems like a better choice than cm302 even.
main-qimg-c827a878051a6c85957b37ce9c96a1e8-pjlq (1).jpeg

Last edited:
According to SIPRI's trade register, we bought 30 CM-401 in 2021. I know it isn't always accurate, but still interesting.

For now, it seems the exact weapon configuration for PN's latest and upcoming vessels will remain a mystery (probably for the better).

Remember this?
If according to the turkish article, PN Milgem are getting a 6 Cell layout of P282 than OPV 2600 will likely also be fitted with the same 6 Cell P282 layout as shown here.
But the proposed "P282" SSM container shown here in OPV image doesnt match with that of a CM401 (as cm401 container is smaller in length and also doesnt have any grooves on sides either) so i have my doubts that P282 is CM401 unless ofcourse they changed the container.
FfGvU5KWQAY76nG

According to SIPRI's trade register, we bought 30 CM-401 in 2021. I know it isn't always accurate, but still interesting.

For now, it seems the exact weapon configuration for PN's latest and upcoming vessels will remain a mystery (probably for the better).
CM400AKG for JEFs

Well you just said what I was gonna say

HD-1A/C is quiet short legged for a proper SSCM , however it may be good enough for a corvette,
IMHO they should go for something like the full fat HD-1 instead. It seems like a better choice than cm302 even.
View attachment 920208
One reason why I suspect the HD-1C could be on the cards (despite the CM-302 purchase) is that the Jinnah-class frigate has a 2x4 configuration (at least on the brochures), and it too is called "P-282."

1678816220546.png

...and this is the configuration of the HD-1C...also 2x4:

FNMhhXpXEAclheK

Plus, the HD-1C has a direct commonality with the air-launched HD-1A, which was also touted as an option for the JF-17 Block-3. So, logically speaking, if you could get 2 solutions on 1 platform, then it's worth spending on the production facility for it. Pakistan would have its analogous counterpart to the BrahMos for both sea (HD-1C) and air (HD-1A).

Back
Top Bottom