What's new

Pakistan to test fire a medium range missile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any news its 13th nov , there was supposed to be a test according to notam

Taking about Shaheen 2 missiles, here is a thing that is a bit confusing. Both below pics are termed Shaheen 2 but one have fins on second stage and the other one do not have.
94acff041513a65fe7e4de07fb75a2ce2.jpg
Pakistan Shaheen Missile Wallpapers (1).JPEG

and the other one is this:
Shaheen2_PakistaniDefence_com_013.jpg

Now the thing is that this missile was first displayed at the 2000 National day parade but was test fired (publicly at least) only in 2004. During this time you can find a few pics of missile with fins on second stage but the missile that was test fired in 2004 do not have fins on second stage and later on static displays on IDEAS were also the same (without fins)

Last edited:
Will posters with inside sources give some updates? :pop:

@Horus Close this thread when any test will happen we would start a new one but until than close this thread for GOD sake

Taking about Shaheen 2 missiles, here is a thing that is a bit confusing. Both below pics are termed Shaheen 2 but one have fins on second stage and the other one do not have.

Now the thing is that this missile was first displayed at the 2000 National day parade but was test fired (publicly at least) only in 2004. During this time you can find a few pics of missile with fins on second stage but the missile that was test fired in 2004 do not have fins on second stage and later on static displays on IDEAS were also the same (without fins)
There were never any fins on the second stage in the actual system, the one paraded was just a dummy.

I don't know if this will help but I saw that some guys were saying that the missile will come close to Madagascar...I am in Mauritius at the moment and we are having some absolutely terrible weather...there is talk of cyclones and such. Mauritius is not very far from Madagascar so this might be the problem.

There were never any fins on the second stage in the actual system, the one paraded was just a dummy.
yes that is what i am saying.
Initial design included fins but one the production of first models started, even the first missile that was tested the fins were removed. maybe this was decided in some wind tunnel testing or computer simulations/ground testing. Deemed unnecessary these were removed from the concept and were never used on any example.

well as far as funds are concern , we dont have fund at the time we start our Nuclear program . so that is a lame excuse ... as far as putting your enemy in range is concern , Pakistan is covered india, i know that , but having a long rang missile system is not just for weapons , but for Satellite launch's .... and what about the rising threat of IAF , IA and IN ?? if today india attack Pakistan , we cant even defend ourselves for 2 days .. now lets face the reality and stop lying to ourselves ..
yeah we have some state of art weapons but , we can not just polish them and put forward to scare our enemy all the time ,Since when we see any of our Armed forces induct anytime big in their arsenal ?
on one side our armed forces keep telling us they have a continues threat from our eastern border , and we have a big defense budget ( as per our economy ) but on the other hand , we see no major buy or any leads in any field since decades ...
its a shame on our Armed forces ,and they should learn from their mistake from 71 ..

Your asking us to waste money on non-essential projects because the disparity between Pakistan and India is too much, instead of spending those very resources to reduce the said disparity. It's like suggesting that since you cannot provide 3 meals a day for your family on your income, you should go spend the money with which you can provide them with 2 meals a day instead on tickets to a carnival.

Furthermore your comparing an absolutely essential project (Nukes) with one of absolute fancy (SLV); since you worked your behind off trying to provide your family with shelter you should now work your behind off in trying to buy them a 50 inch TV instead of buying them food with that money.

Since when we see any of our Armed forces induct anytime big in their arsenal ?
on one side our armed forces keep telling us they have a continues threat from our eastern border , and we have a big defense budget ( as per our economy ) but on the other hand , we see no major buy or any leads in any field since decades ...

Some of the major steps taken within the last 10 years:

1) JF-17
2) F-16s (Blk 52+, MLU, Used birds)
3) Shaheen IA
4) Shaheen II
5) Al-Khalid I
6) Saab 2000 Erieye
7) ZDK-03 K. Eagle
8) Air to air refuelling capability (IL-78MP)
9) BVR capibility (AIM-120 AMRAAM & SD-10)
10) Babur
11) Ra'ad
12) A-100 MLRS
13) Shahpur
14) Burraq
15) F-22P
16) Tactical Nukes/Miniature warheads (Nasr)

I could go on, and there's a list of items on their way too. All this with a war going on.

So I'm sorry if an SLV is not #1 on our priority list.

Last edited:
Your argument is one of the most absurd I've ever heard. Your asking us to waste money on non-essential projects because the disparity between Pakistan and India is too much, instead of spending those very resources to reduce the said disparity. It's like suggesting that since you cannot provide 3 meals a day for your family on your income, you should go spend the money with which you can provide them with 2 meals a day instead on tickets to a carnival.

Furthermore your comparing an absolutely essential project (Nukes) with one of absolute fancy (SLV); since you worked your behind off trying to provide your family with shelter you should now work your behind off in trying to buy them a 50 inch TV instead of buying them food with that money.

Some of the major steps taken within the last 10 years:

1) JF-17
2) F-16s (Blk 52+, MLU, Used birds)
3) Shaheen IA
4) Shaheen II
5) Al-Khalid I
6) Saab 2000 Erieye
7) ZDK-03 K. Eagle
8) Air to air refuelling capability (IL-78MP)
9) BVR capibility (AIM-120 AMRAAM & SD-10)
10) Babur
11) Ra'ad
12) A-100 MLRS
13) Shahpur
14) Burraq
15) F-22P
16) Tactical Nukes/Miniature warheads (Nasr)

I could go on, and there's a list of items on their way too. All this with a war going on.

So I'm sorry if an SLV is not #1 on our priority list.

do you even realize that most of these things you mentioned are old and outdated technologies ??
only few are state of art weapons, and i am sorry sir , the weapon purchase are always done by keeping your enemy fire power in mind . and if you now compare any of that from our enemy firepower you will see everything is miniature ..
shaheeen and CM are decade older platforms , and since last we see any innovation in that ?

lets examine the weapons you mentioned above ..
J-17 one of my favorite project , but how many JF's we have right now ???????????? only 50 , its been and how long we been working on this project ?? probably before 2000 ..
2. F-16 , without any doubt a wonderful Achievement , still lack of numbers ..
3. Shaheen IA , nothing new same old platform
4. shaheen II same old ... test again and again , nothing new
5. AL-khalid , Upgrades , and fate of AL-khalid 2 in no hidden , working since late 2000's
6. Saab and Eagle eye systems are big boost , no doubt but they are not very effective if you dont have a proper Air force to counter the threat .
7. Air refueling capability Seriously ???
8. Babur Raad both are extrememly potent weapons , but still lack of R&D , and its more than a decade of these projects ..
( still appreciated )
9. BVR capability , nothing extra ordinary ...
10. MLRS bought from China , what is rocket science in that ??
11 . shapur what is that ??
12 . burraq , good to make own surveillance , but again no achievement since decades ... to make him a able to strike .
13. f-22 good, but again out dated technology , a less than 3000 tonn frigate to counter your enemy ??
14. tactical nukes , almost useless weapons ...

now tell me something ,
do we have a potent Fighter besides F-16s which can compete with IAF Su30 ?
do we have a Long or Med range Sam System to protect our Air space ?
do we have a potent navy to Counter IN ?
do we have destroyers ?
do we have potent submarine that can fire CM ?
do we have 3rd generation Tanks ?
do we see a any innovations in Raad and babur ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom