What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

Thus far it's just an offer from Turkey, we don't know how the PAF will respond. That said, I am beginning to think that the next-generation fighter program is - at least initially - a replacement for the oldest F-16s. In that vein, it has to be high-performance, high quality, high-tech - it will form the future qualitative edge. For the backbone, we have the JF-17, and for the future, we would just have new version JF-17s.

As for Turkey, they'll benefit from another user, who will add to the TFX's scale and help distribute the overhead research and development cost. If Pakistan could further help by providing some lower cost manufacturing work in some specific areas, that would be great.

PAF will be onboard, if not already.

BAE systems is helping. And costs is another reason why Turkey and Pakistan should work together. The JF-17 was developed due to embargo not costs necessarily.

Bae Systems is helping it can be done.

This is correct. BaES is the tech partner, and EJ is the engine partner. This bird can become reality faster than you know. For a platforms company, they can easily customize one of dozens of designs they have that didn't make it to production.

Can I recommend a name for the PAF project? Shahbaz.
Thats already a base. Why don't you call the CPD for the new PMO and make a suggestion?

I would personally call it FURY ;)

any with twin engine ?
TFX has 3 models,one is dual engines air superority fighter,single engine cheaper to operate and a EFT2k type manoeuvrable aircraft.
Turkey is confused on choosing.So is offering other concepts to Pak,i guess.

What was the cost of the project?

U need completely new design for single engine stealth
refer

TFX has 3 models,one is dual engines air superority fighter,single engine cheaper to operate and a EFT2k type manoeuvrable aircraft.
Turkey is confused on choosing.So is offering other concepts to Pak,i guess.

refer
Single Engine is best for PAF. Costs, maintenance, an reliability. This is necessary as across the border 300+ dual engine 5th gen fighters will be in service.

This is correct. BaES is the tech partner, and EJ is the engine partner. This bird can become reality faster than you know. For a platforms company, they can easily customize one of dozens of designs they have that didn't make it to production.

Thats already a base. Why don't you call the CPD for the new PMO and make a suggestion?

Rename PAF Shahbaz to Misbah ;)

Jf17 not developed for Pakistan. But delovelped for export by China in mid 80s and 90s. Pakistan was offered with Sweet deals aiming at India. It was win win for Pakistan and China as China irk India and make cash out of it with interest. While Pakistan gets new fighters to replace it's old fleets with yearly payment for some decade. To be frank I feel Block 3 configuration should be basic for Block 1. For which Chinese are capable of putting in best features but they dint. In the name of block 2 they fixed refueling probe likes in other minor upgrades.

It's good Pakistan should go with turkey. If am not wrong Chinese Type 99 failed to impress PA and now atlay Turkish tank is on the card. But Chinese are lobbying hard.

I don't think Pakistan will buy Tanks off the shelf, but will buy some sub-systems for Al-Khalid Tanks.

Good days for Pakistan ahead and political opening of Karachi to better peoples representatives is underway.Karachi can act like how I guess Mumbai (Not sure) acts for India and revenue generation.
of course this will take sometime and Immense dedicated recovery of Economy should be underway with planned projects for the next decades something like the current governments vision 2025 I would request everyone to read that through www.pc.gov.pk it presents some very very Interesting things about our economy.Pakistan should not procure these Turkish 5th Gen's because of different complexities however it would be great to involve our people to learn what it takes to build Such complex machines .
With Peace and a great economy and a bit of poking the americans I don't doubt we'll even get the F-22.
Lucky to be apart of a bright Pakistan:pakistan::pakistan:.
We'll show the world one day,If not today ...tomorrow or decades from now.
Our belief in our country is unshakable.

Jf17 not developed for Pakistan. But delovelped for export by China in mid 80s and 90s. Pakistan was offered with Sweet deals aiming at India. It was win win for Pakistan and China as China irk India and make cash out of it with interest. While Pakistan gets new fighters to replace it's old fleets with yearly payment for some decade. To be frank I feel Block 3 configuration should be basic for Block 1. For which Chinese are capable of putting in best features but they dint. In the name of block 2 they fixed refueling probe likes in other minor upgrades.

It's good Pakistan should go with turkey. If am not wrong Chinese Type 99 failed to impress PA and now atlay Turkish tank is on the card. But Chinese are lobbying hard.
JFT is 80s?Your confusing tejas with jft

tfx_proje_1471960117.jpg

Turkish Air Force concept for fifth generation multi-role fighter-bomber aircraft
- A +
Turkey has invited Pakistan to participate in the development of its next-generation fighter program, TFX.

Pakistan’s Minister of Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain in an interview with PTV last Sunday, said that Turkey had requested Islamabad to be part of the development program for its next-generation fighter aircraft.

Turkey is evaluating proposals for purchasing training aircraft for the Turkish Air Force, and Pakistan’s Super Mushshak trainer aircraft is a leading contender. A final decision is likely soon.

As for future collaboration, both countries are in discussions over possible cooperation on Turkey's first indigenous FX Fighter Jet program, Anadolu agency had quoted unnamed sources as saying in June this year.

Pakistan and Turkey are also collaborating on building a new warship fleet tanker. Pakistan’s Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW) has launched a 17,000-tonne heavy Warship fleet tanker, which was being constructed by the company in collaborating with the Turkish firm Savunma Teknologiler Muhendisilik (STM) Sunday.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16...ext_Gen_Fighter_Aircraft_Program#.V7x6cSNRXqB
Zarvan do you think it could be made like the eurofighter IE each country manufacture different parts eg airframe etc and then all assembled in one place ? And also if using us systems could this not also be sanctioned ?

how many do you reckon they would buy? and if they have enough would you imagine they would have a complete over haul facility and manufacturing of perishable parts. does turkey have a licence to export engine to thrid party clients?

With Peace and a great economy and a bit of poking the americans I don't doubt we'll even get the F-22.

Did you have any clue they didn't offer it to any of their allies not even to Japan and Australia and you think they will offer it to us :o:.

Did you have any clue they didn't offer it to any of their allies not even to Japan and Australia and you think they will offer it to us :o:.
2025 and 2020 is the expected date of all operational 5th Gen's the ones in development stages,Till by 2030 with a huge rival market to the United states F-22 and technological progression of avionics nothing in the F-22 will be a secret anymore,So F-22 will be open to Pakistan.
With a peaceful,safe,strong and vibrant economy like of the 1960s and 1980s why you don't think they'll give us F-22's?
Times change.
The India of 1960s going through Famines today is the worlds largest democracy and a GDP of 83USD compared to Pakistans 81USD and Pakistans GDP Percentage growth was 6.8 percent all through out the 1960s this was a time when South korea had a GDP growth rate of 5 percent all through 1960s and a few two good decades ahead.
Remember the remarks of Nixon against Indhira Gandhi when he called her a B**** Lol and yeah we all know that.
So yeah I do believe they'll give us F-22's.The overall political outlook of the world has changed Yes.
But the Americans are Good people they will be willing to give it to us if we work seriously with them.
PS#No Goddamn Indo Quote me and start a war,This is the truth.

Back
Top Bottom