What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

Close as China - Pakistan relations are, Pakistan is not keen on rely exclusively on Chinese equipment. Turkey seems like the only country that is willing to sell Pakistan without strings attached.
this was response to other member who was making fun of chinese equipments

Dude it will take completely different approach for single and double engine from stress on structure, vortex, fuel capacity, new arrangements of parts and equipment... Means whole new fighter which Turkey or Pakistan can't afford. Even till date Russia has only one stealth fighter program. Still suffering. Dint bring China here.. They are super beings to have three or 4 programs

Dude u where the one who posted off topic... In the name of Narendra Trump
All the designs have already been done.

All American 5th gen fighters are over priced.

The designs have already been done.
You don't understand what am trying to say. Leave the Americans. How many countries developing 5th gen fighter? Very few? Why?

Because of cost and resources involved is huge. This two engine fighter will take decade to get inducted of not decades. Turkey and Pakistan both facing financial crunch. If it's not for funds Pakistan could have gone for western fighters than Chinese jf17.

This is an inevitable step. Pakistan opts to receive western standard equipment via Turkey, with little or no political strings attached. The Chinese equipment will only sell in the future when obscenely subsidized by loans.
Very true exactly my point. And nothing wrong with that.

That doesn't matter, They built a VTOL and Carrier based Aircraft into ONE airframe.
You mean there would be one declared project of TFX and in same project Pakistanis will be working on single engine and Turks will be trying to put two engines in same aircraft
We design seats for auto industry. I can't even imagine developing two different designs for two customers in one project.
There would be two projects. We are not advised to do that in single. In fact no one in industry can do that.

You don't understand what am trying to say. Leave the Americans. How many countries developing 5th gen fighter? Very few? Why?

Because of cost and resources involved is huge. This two engine fighter will take decade to get inducted of not decades. Turkey and Pakistan both facing financial crunch. If it's not for funds Pakistan could have gone for western fighters than Chinese jf17.

Very true exactly my point. And nothing wrong with that.

BAE systems is helping. And costs is another reason why Turkey and Pakistan should work together. The JF-17 was developed due to embargo not costs necessarily.

You mean there would be one declared project of TFX and in same project Pakistanis will be working on single engine and Turks will be trying to put two engines in same aircraft
We design seats for auto industry. I can't even imagine developing two different designs for two customers in one project.
There would be two projects. We are not advised to do that in single. In fact no one in industry can do that.
Bae Systems is helping it can be done.

If Pakistan joins the program, they have to develop the single engine variant. Variant for PAF, while Turkey's can still be dual engine.

I dont think its necessarily compulsory to have single engine aircraft for PAF as we need a long endurance aircraft now. If Pakistan gets it hands on TFX then J-31 might not be needed at all.

This is an inevitable step. Pakistan opts to receive western standard equipment via Turkey, with little or no political strings attached. The Chinese equipment will only sell in the future when obscenely subsidized by loans.
Thus far it's just an offer from Turkey, we don't know how the PAF will respond. That said, I am beginning to think that the next-generation fighter program is - at least initially - a replacement for the oldest F-16s. In that vein, it has to be high-performance, high quality, high-tech - it will form the future qualitative edge. For the backbone, we have the JF-17, and for the future, we would just have new version JF-17s.

As for Turkey, they'll benefit from another user, who will add to the TFX's scale and help distribute the overhead research and development cost. If Pakistan could further help by providing some lower cost manufacturing work in some specific areas, that would be great.

For PAF after 2025, what will you choose?
Joint production of J31 or Advance blocks of Jf17 ?
Thus far it's just an offer from Turkey, we don't know how the PAF will respond. That said, I am beginning to think that the next-generation fighter program is - at least initially - a replacement for the oldest F-16s. In that vein, it has to be high-performance, high quality, high-tech - it will form the future qualitative edge. For the backbone, we have the JF-17, and for the future, we would just have new version JF-17s.

As for Turkey, they'll benefit from another user, who will add to the TFX's scale and help distribute the overhead research and development cost. If Pakistan could further help by providing some lower cost manufacturing work in some specific areas, that would be great.

For PAF after 2025, what will you choose?
Joint production of J31 or Advance blocks of Jf17 ?
I'd do to the JF-17 what Northrop seems to have done to the T-38 (which is based on the F-5). Basically, keep iterating on the platform, maximize your investment. In terms of new development, I would push for indigenous development and production of radars, ECM/EW and munitions (especially guidance). These are critical components which we won't have easy access to, at least not in optimal form (e.g. with the full data libraries).

Back
Top Bottom