What's new

Pakistan to host Hurriyat leaders on Eid in New Delhi

compromise my dear compromise money talks, if Modi can have his name removed from American ban list then there is no surprise that Kashmir goes in the back burner the international Military observers still reside in Kashmir.

I dont think UN ever "refused" to get Involved. resolutions were constantly vetoed by USSR as a punishment for Pakistan joining CENTO and SEATO and American camp.

Jammu and Kashmir out of U.N. list of disputes - The Hindu
Jammu and Kashmir out of U.N. list of disputes
Jammu and Kashmir has been removed from the United Nations list of unresolved disputes, in a setback to Pakistan which has been asking the world body to intervene on the issue.

The omission of Jammu and Kashmir from the list of disputes under the observation of the Security Council was noticed by Pakistan, whose envoy has filed a protest.

“The Jammu and Kashmir dispute was not mentioned in the context of unresolved long-running situations,” Pakistan's acting envoy to the U.N. Amjad Hussain B Sial said. “We understand this was an inadvertent omission, as Jammu and Kashmir is one of the oldest disputes on the agenda of the Security Council,” he said, speaking at the General Assembly session, which was discussing the functioning and reform of the Security Council.

It was organised by the U.K., which holds the presidency of the Security Council this month.

Pakistan has been asking the U.N. to intervene to help resolve the issue, but India has always maintained that the dispute has to be resolved bilaterally.

Kashmir issue is international, it is disputed and in UN
Remember Shimla?
Both countries will "settle their differences by peaceful means through bilateral negotiations".[1][4] India has, many a times, maintained that Kashmir dispute is a bilateral issue and must be settled through bilateral negotiations as per Simla Agreement, 1972 and thus, had denied any third party intervention even that of United Nations. However, Pakistan do not agree with India's view and seek UN intervention in Kashmir.[5]
Simla Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Syed.Ali.Haider

Where or when did India said Kashmir is disputed? India took Kashmir to UN for a cease fire with Pakistan. India did accepted for plebiscite, but agreed under Chapter 6 which make it voluntary.

My dear just read the whole UN resolution which says it's a disputed territory and it was India who went to UN not Pakistan if kashmir was part of India why India agreed to plebiscite ???

My dear just read the whole UN resolution which says it's a disputed territory and it was India who went to UN not Pakistan if kashmir was part of India why India agreed to plebiscite ???

My dear friend... have you read the resolution completely... or you just stopped at the headlines...

the point you Pakistanis cry about " The Plebiscite".... Let me take you through the resolution one by one...
1. Both countries were to cease fire..
2. Pakistan was supposed to withdraw Pakistani Army from P0K...and hand over P0K to India
3. Then India was supposed to conduct a plebiscite....

Has Paksitan fulfilled second condition?????
Go and ask our army to complete the second step... then cry Plebiscite... or else Pakistan as no locus-standi on Kashmir.

I think the statement of Ban Ki-Moon is on record on this matter Sir. But you are right, economic strength talks loudly in international circles, as always.

"United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon told Mail Today on Friday that the world body is willing to mediate in the Kashmir issue "if so requested" by both concerned parties. Ban said that the "good offices" of the world body would be available for the purpose."

UN chief Ban Ki-moon offers to help resolve Kashmir tensions as Modi's arrival in New York is marred by U.S. court summons | Daily Mail Online
that is right.. whether the issue gets relegated or thrown out altogether doesn't change the fact that people of that part of the world have been demanding independence.

the very name of the party "Hurriyat" clearly shows that Kashmiris still view the Indian occupation as an issue. they are the main 3rd party. whether or not Indians like that or Pakistani leadership continues to prefer onions and potatoes and safeguard its Indian investment.

Its disputed because were fighting over it

Its disputed because we shot another indian not 2 days ago over it

Its disputed because we regularly shell each other over it

Of course and like previous agreements, just backed away from its commitments.

The Simla Agreement is still valid and honored by all parties, including the UN.

that is right.. whether the issue gets relegated or thrown out altogether doesn't change the fact that people of that part of the world have been demanding independence.

the very name of the party "Hurriyat" clearly shows that Kashmiris still view the Indian occupation as an issue. they are the main 3rd party. whether or not Indians like that or Pakistani leadership continues to prefer onions and potatoes and safeguard its Indian investment.

Of course, there is no denying the existence of the desires of the Kashmiris, given that India has failed to integrate them or to deal with their genuine issues in any meaningful manner over the decades. However, the legal framework that governs what Pakistan can do is this regard is quite clear too. The Kashmir State that was the subject of the original war and the political steps taken then no longer exists since then, divided between three nuclear neighbors. The only realpolitik outcome that can be hoped for now is to convert all lines of control into permanent international borders, but that can happen only if the issue is not continuously milked for its great internal political value for both India and Pakistan.

The biggest fault that Pakistani do is to assume that Kashmir is 'Hurriyat'. Hurriyat has no representation in Jammu and Ladhak.

You must be glad that your mortal enemies are so incompetent like us. Imagine what would have happened if they were competent like Afghan and Persian invaders of the past? :D :D :D

Toh abh take dusra partition ho chuka hota :enjoy:

Patriotic Pakistani net force,bad news for u,,,,hurriyat leader rejected the invitation,,time to close this thread :lol:

by voting in a party which calls for self-autonomy and which refuses to toe new delhis line on a plethora of issues....a reason why members of the BJP and RSS are burning and calling for the so-called "political alliance" to end!!

by voting in order to keep the radical BJP mad-men out from majority

given the givens, have they proven what you claim? :rofl:

Here lies your misunderstanding about our nation....My nation is not all about Delhi...or the states who says yes to Delhi....Did you ever follow the political relation between Tamilnadu and Delhi...Tamilnadu Gov most of the time is more anti Delhi than even the Jammu and Kashmir...Indianness is not about who sides with BJP or who sides with Pakistan...Even if a party supports to Pakistan in open in Kashmir but the party accepts Indian constitution or constitution of Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, and be an elected person of the state, He belongs to the Indian system...I hope that i clarifies my doubt....So in a nutshell, Indianness does not necessarily to say yes to delhi or BJP, Indianness can reside with some one who is with Pakistan but accepts Indian constitution as prime institution....And that is why PDP is as Indian Jammu Kashmir Party as BJP a national party,,,

Here lies your misunderstanding about our nation....My nation is not all about Delhi...or the states who says yes to Delhi....Did you ever follow the political relation between Tamilnadu and Delhi...Tamilnadu Gov most of the time is more anti Delhi than even the Jammu and Kashmir...Indianness is not about who sides with BJP or who sides with Pakistan...Even if a party supports to Pakistan in open in Kashmir but the party accepts Indian constitution or constitution of Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, and be an elected person of the state, He belongs to the Indian system...I hope that i clarifies my doubt....So in a nutshell, Indianness does not necessarily to say yes to delhi or BJP, Indianness can reside with some one who is with Pakistan but accepts Indian constitution as prime institution....And that is why PDP is as Indian Jammu Kashmir Party as BJP a national party,,,

Most Pakistanis haven't got a clue what a real democracy is until they found themselves in the Middle of it such as Norway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom