What's new

Pakistan to get more SAAB 2000 Erieyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more excited because it shows that SAAB don't have any issues selling us weapons. Because after first 4 there were reports that SAAB may not sell us any more weapons but now it seem they have changed the policy. So I am hoping that Army will consider these also

carl_gustaf_m4_l1.jpg
Would be nice, but the Swedes seem to have different policies when it comes to selling offensive vs defensive weapons..

Last edited:
@MastanKhan's gonna say, "this is the PAF's revenge for the ZDK03----they hate the country--with this money even one F-35 would have been more valuable----"

Not putting money into Upgrading ZDK-03 to KJ-500 standard and going to the same spec Erieye which Pakistan is having instead of going for the Upgraded one with 70 % percent more range indicates

1.) Pakistan is not at all satisfied with Chinese AWAC and ZDK-03 was forced down the throat of PAF. All the unofficial reports of ZDK-03 has a greater range than Erieye was just a hogwash

2) ZDK-03 does not provide the Same ECCM/ESM sensors that Erieye is providing

3). Pakistan doesnot have money to buy upgraded SAAB, hence keeping to the same one that they bought 10 years ago.

extended coverage and ability to communicate with JF-17's .. its something worth it @Bilal Khan (Quwa) are we retiring some old ones ? or they are for extended EEZ ?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) It looks all clear now . PAF is going to increase cap of its professionalism and its capabilities. A well linked airforce with less combat aircrafts is deadlier than a poorly linked but larger airforce. 4 existing Erieyes + 4 Zdk-03 + 4 More Erieyes , Mannn this is dream:smitten:. LINK-17 is being pushed on more before getting more aircrafts. @Windjammer , Are existing Erieyes and ZDK-03 programmed with Link-17?

I don't follow! Is ZDK03 not a good platform?

A good radar but not a good package overall. The ESM/ELINT/ECCM sensors on SAAB Erieye are miles ahead from ZDK sensors. KJ-500 rectified the problem somewhat for ELINT/ESM sensors by externally mounting them. Then the factor of SAAB AESA radar vs ZDK PESA radar.

A good radar but not a good package overall. The ESM/ELINT/ECCM sensors on SAAB Erieye are miles ahead than in ZDK. KJ-500 rectified the problem somewhat for ELINT/ESM sensors by externally mounting them. Then the factor of SAAB AESA radar vs ZDK PESA radar.
i thought the zkd were being upgraded to aesa's to the k500 spec

? What mounted on what?
well i hear there was a gulf stream delegation in pakistan last month or so. they must be there for a reason.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) It looks all clear now . PAF is going to increase cap of its professionalism and its capabilities. A well linked airforce with less combat aircrafts is deadlier than a poorly linked but larger airforce. 4 existing Erieyes + 4 Zdk-03 + 4 More Erieyes , Mannn this is dream:smitten:. LINK-17 is being pushed on more before getting more aircrafts. @Windjammer , Are existing Erieyes and ZDK-03 programmed with Link-17?

Except F-16, All other aircrafts are using LINK-17. SAAB Erieye runs both Link-16 and Link-17 on it. And is acting as a router aka translator for F-16 and for the rest of fleet. Consider Link-16 and Link as both separate networks and Erieye as router communicating b/w two different networks.

i thought the zkd were being upgraded to aesa's to the k500 spec

well i hear there was a gulf stream delegation in pakistan last month or so. they must be there for a reason.

Heresay, forum talks.

A good radar but not a good package overall. The ESM/ELINT/ECCM sensors on SAAB Erieye are miles ahead from ZDK sensors. KJ-500 rectified the problem somewhat for ELINT/ESM sensors by externally mounting them. Then the factor of SAAB AESA radar vs ZDK PESA radar.
Can PAF benefit from something like Raytheon Sentinel in the future? For deeper and better ESM/ELINT/ECCM?

I am more excited because it shows that SAAB don't have any issues selling us weapons. Because after first 4 there were reports that SAAB may not sell us any more weapons but now it seem they have changed the policy. So I am hoping that Army will consider these also

carl_gustaf_m4_l1.jpg
Hazrat I thought this was being developed in Pakistan?

Can PAF benefit from something like Raytheon Sentinel in the future? For deeper and better ESM/ELINT/ECCM?

Theoretically it can. But the problem is PAF or PA has not indicated any interest for airborne ground surveillance platforms. PAF focus for last 10 years is solely on AEWC element.

Sweden is offering GSR element with their latest iteration of AEWC. If PAF is not picking up this element, then we can guess the mood and interest of Pakistan defence forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom