Pakistan to get more SAAB 2000 Erieyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannibalBarca

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
5d1cf11f4840292290b115e397310af3_gallery-military-aircraft-aewac-aircraft-informationinfo-saab-2000-erieye_1883-1200.jpeg

The Pakistan Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, told AFM in late April that the air arm is set to receive three new Saab 2000 Erieye airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft. The first will be delivered in December and the remaining pair will arrive next year.

They will boost the PAF’s AEW&C fleet, which is currently made up of three Erieyes serving 3 Squadron and four ZDK-03s with 4 Squadron.

Saab issued a press release on May 15 announcing that it had signed an AEW&C contract worth SEK 1.35bn (£120m), with deliveries being made from 2017 until 2020. It will not disclose the customer, as is its usual policy, but it is likely this is the same deal.

Two of the PAF’s existing Erieyes were seriously damaged in a terrorist attack on PAF Base Minhas in August 2012, but have now been returned to service. Both were rebuilt by PAF personnel at PAC Kamra with support from Saab – the last aircraft returned to service in 2016.

The PAF ordered four Erieyes in 2005, and these were delivered during 2009-11. Under Project Vision, initiated in 2000, the PAF has built up its own indigenous C4I system couple with surveillance systems and surface-to-air weapons. Information datalinked from both the ZDK-03 and Erieye is merged at the PAF’s Air Defence HQ at Chaklala, to provide the PAF with a single recognised air picture. Alan Warnes

http://www.airforcesmonthly.com/2017/05/19/pakistan-to-get-more-erieyes/

@MastanKhan's gonna say, "this is the PAF's revenge for the ZDK03----they hate the country--with this money even one F-35 would have been more valuable----"

This time, lets hope these planes are stored in proper places and NOT out in the open.

If you know what I mean.

By the way, how will AWACS be defended in the air and what is the data link scene looking like |?

Will these talk to JFs ?

This time, lets hope these planes are stored in proper places and NOT out in the open.

If you know what I mean.

By the way, how will AWACS be defended in the air and what is the data link scene looking like |?

Will these talk to JFs ?
Saab offers customers the option to configure the Erieye with in-house/proprietary data link. So these should be able to talk to the JF-17.

They just sold one to an undisclosed customer in North Africa or Middle East..

£120 million for 3 systems doesn't sound right. Unless we're just buying the aircraft or replacing certain parts.

Do you have the source?
NA countries has no use for it right now... the only Present and future customer of it ... it's UAE.

I thought it was the UAE, but AFM indicates it to be Pakistan.
£120 million for 3 systems doesn't sound right. Unless we're just buying the aircraft or replacing certain parts.
Sweden probably extended a fresh loan or the PAF is paying in stages, with the first payment being $134m US.

Well good to see this happening although I though 7 AWACS are enough but may be PAF thinks other wise on this also. Also this is answer to those who keep raising the money issue.

Congradulations to Pakistan Airforce if the news is indeed true about purchase of 3 more Saab Units

Congradulations to Pakistan Airforce if the news is indeed true about purchase of 3 more Saab Units
I am more excited because it shows that SAAB don't have any issues selling us weapons. Because after first 4 there were reports that SAAB may not sell us any more weapons but now it seem they have changed the policy. So I am hoping that Army will consider these also

carl_gustaf_m4_l1.jpg

Hi,
No---I would say FCK YOU to those pakistanis and indians who said Paf had no money.
It would have been better to buy 20 J10's or 15 F16 BLK52's.

Whoa now, lets all chill.

Even though the Saabs are a AWAC piece it still has devices capable of listening to communications. There's only so much sorties a modified C-130 can make.

And before knowing whether they can support both JF-17 & F-16 operations.

Hi,

No---I would say FCK YOU to those pakistanis and indians who said Paf had no money.

It would have been better to buy 20 J10's or 15 F16 BLK52's.
Don't worry brother we have the money and PAF is looking for a Jet and as far as I know PAF is preparing to get J-10 C with TOT and Kamra is being prepared for that but getting J-10 C is not a big deal the real problem is coming between EF and SU-35. PAF is favoring EF but our PM and his FM wants PAF to get SU-35 from Russia. That is the reason why PAF Chief has met Nawaz around 10 times in past few months @MastanKhan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom