What's new

Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^
Previous reports suggest that the radar to be manufactured will be the Chinese-built CETC/NRIET KLJ-7 radar set

A PAC programme officer told Jane's : "I have flown with this radar and with other models that we have looked at fitting to this aircraft, such as the Thales RC400, and the Chinese radar is every bit as capable as its contemporary analogs."

so not a new radar now ,,,,,but its still a milestone for pakistan neverthless

I would be more excited about an R&D facility than an assembly plant. Sorry.

How much of the manufacturing will be done in-house, and how much will be just putting together prefab parts from China?

I would be more excited about an R&D facility than an assembly plant. Sorry.

How much of the manufacturing will be done in-house, and how much will be just putting together prefab parts from China?
It's good exposure that may lead to that in the future. Our universities first need to form the base of our R&D capabilities.

Awsome news mashallah ... :)

^^^^^^
Previous reports suggest that the radar to be manufactured will be the Chinese-built CETC/NRIET KLJ-7 radar set

A PAC programme officer told Jane's : "I have flown with this radar and with other models that we have looked at fitting to this aircraft, such as the Thales RC400, and the Chinese radar is every bit as capable as its contemporary analogs."

so not a new radar now ,,,,,but its still a milestone for pakistan neverthless

Of course its not a new radar, there is no rocket science in this. Its merely a step towards 100% indignization of JFT. What do you expect? PAF start building AESAs from first day?

Pakistan should next concentrate on producing the Engine of JF-17 locally

The current Russian one has no possibility, may be the Chinese one which they are suppose to use in J-10

The current Russian one has no possibility, may be the Chinese one which they are suppose to use in J-10

J-10 is using WS-10/WS-10A while Thunder will have WS-13. Taxy trials with this engine are already completed earlier this year.

It has something to do with the export i think .As we know many countries are getting interested in jf-17 so there will be some export orders soon on the other hand PAF wants to rapid up the induction process .so i think by making klj-7 locally will not only facilitate PAF but also China and export customers as it will reduce the work-load of Chinese so they can focus on export customers while PAC on PAF without effecting the induction process of PAF and customer countries

Also by in-house development we will be able the know the basics and can come up with local made radar with bit of effort and research

Indians are not much active on this thread strange. Because of jealousy i assume as their MMR for LCA not even ready and LCA proving to be a billion $ failure kaveri is dead aircraft not upto the minimum standard set by IAF thats happen when a nation not having knowledge about something and try to be oversmart and end up in a disaster like LCA. Over 27 years late costing over Billion $ nearly twice the cost of each JF-17 and still not operational.

Indians are not much active on this thread strange. Because of jealousy i assume as their MMR for LCA not even ready and LCA proving to be a billion $ failure kaveri is dead aircraft not upto the minimum standard set by IAF thats happen when a nation not having knowledge about something and try to be oversmart and end up in a disaster like LCA. Over 27 years late costing over Billion $ nearly twice the cost of each JF-17 and still not operational.
yes , we are ashamed of our failures.. we accept it...and we also don't want to derail the thread... keep up the good work :pakistan:

Stick on the thread instead of flaming..,,

Off topic:- we are so jealous of your capability, we will try to get this radar from Chinese thru Russians to apply in MKIs..:pakistan:

Happy?

yes , we are ashamed of our failures.. we accept it...and we also don't want to derail the thread... keep up the good work :pakistan:

Thanks for keeping thread on rail. Good approach!!

That was unnecessary. :disagree:

:tup::tup:

I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom