What's new

Pakistan to build radar for JF-17 'Thunder' fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why to worry buddy.. just wait a year and see how many are built during that time. I have found Nabil_5 a credible source of info and he says we are making 3 planes a month and 4th production line is also being setup. that means upto 48 aircrafts a year.

That may well be for export purposes. PAF would not be stupid enough to have that much capacity when we dont have the manpower to man the assembly lines. We dont want to run before we can walk. Secondly, unless we have export orders or are expecting some soon, why would we produce 48 aircrafts a month when we took a loan out to buy the first 50.
Jingoism aside, we need to wait and see how events pan out. This is my take on the matter.
Araz

I can show you dhruv production facility with 12 different choppers. But we're only building 36 a year. 4 planes a month is highly optimistic. I'm not saying it can't be done. (LM used to build 30 F16s a month) But nobody has given me one single credible link confirming this

You are comparing the complexity of JF-17 with Dhruv?

Nice.

Does anyone have a link on his claim of 3 aircraft per month? Or the 'increased to 4' part?
Or are these speculations based how many 'you think' are being made?

You have to realize that there's not a whole lot of information available on the internet regarding Pakistan military. The members on this forum are a better source as they are Pakistan military experts and often have insiders to provide them with info. They've been right vast majority of the times before. Cynicism isn't a very good thing, you know. Not every piece of information is available in public, and not every piece of information told to you is necessarily true.

This radar building technology and infrastructure can also be used later for building ground radars, ship radars to guide sams and vector interceptors, possibly against low observable targets as the technology develops. Good development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom