What's new

Pakistan tests first locally-built helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wat happen at the end of the video???I think it didn't make it in the air or ?

Testing being not conducted by the army aviation it's done by small private company which will growup in the up coming years never the less it's the 1st step Inshallah will make heli's in near future we made planes subs tanks you name it :pakistan::

Wat happen at the end of the video???I think it didn't make it in the air or ?

Testing being not conducted by the army aviation it's done by small private company which will growup in the up coming years never the less it's the 1st step Inshallah will make heli's in near future we made planes subs tanks you name it :pakistan::

Unless the demnd surges drastically in Pakistan, I dont see any govt funding coming their way.

Congrast guys! You have to start it some where.. You cannot build an apache right away..

It's pathetic to see some people making fun of something that deserves to be congratulated and supported.Were they expecting these pakistani engineers to make apache cobra in their first effort?This is just a beggining and quite amazing,especially considering that the effort was from private sector.These dudes have made a compact helicopter with fly by wire system(even many current production models dont have this) for just 9million pakistani rupees(it will be even lesser when mass production starts)!!My best wishes and hearty congratulations to all people behind this effort.

instead of criticizing/discouraging these people, we need to encourage them for at least giving it a try... few words of encouragement will mean a lot to these people... if some org can sponsor these engineers may b in coming years we can see a real heli by the same group :)

Have You never seen it fly??? Come on guys cant You stop bringing what Is irrelevant to the topic, the topic by itself is deceiving btw... Thats no Helicopter , Its a Gyrocopter.....

I have a question, What percentage of GDP does Pakistan Spend for R&D?

You ask too many questions.

The first hit in google for "What percentage of GDP does Pakistan Spend for R&D?"

Research and development expenditure (% of GDP) in Pakistan

Unless the demnd surges drastically in Pakistan, I dont see any govt funding coming their way.

Why would it be? does any private company is founed by govt No
unless the prove them self they have Potential skills talent to fulfill government requirements right
so if government really think they need these kind of companies to grow n get more advance then they should invest

Why would it be? does any private company is founed by govt No
unless the prove them self they have Potential skills talent to fulfill government requirements right
so if government really think they need these kind of companies to grow n get more advance then they should invest

YOu are contradicting yourself. As I said before, R&D is a costly affair and the money spent on R&D is slowly recovered from the goods being shipped. So unless the volume of requirement is large, its better to buy them from other suppliers considering the cost effectiveness.

No one here is doubting the skills of Pakistani engineers and scientists. What I am saying here is that, unless the requirement is going to surge manyfold, no one is going to get serious about this.

YouTube - First Pakistan Made helicopter

It's not much different from the above pictures, it's a prototype, I think it didn't have all its structure..

Well no offense but as per article it was meant to fly at 17000 feet, but in video it is not even going 1 meter above ground?:what:

The machine in video is not even a helicopter it is running forward instead of lifting upwards..!

I think the heading should be prototype helicopter by private sectors in pakistan instead of current one.

Congrats Pk..:pakistan:... In foreign such good news are always a source of happiness..

This may not be the first time Pakistani people have come up with an innovation..Hope they get funding from where ever..Private or government..

Why do you think we couldn't make a stupid car until now? What to say of a copter.

Nice to see private entities are getting interested in aerospace. A little backing up financially can make wonders and technical knowhow from departments channeled so that the programme doesnt lag or get cut short.

YouTube - First Pakistan Made helicopter

It's not much different from the above pictures, it's a prototype, I think it didn't have all its structure..

The video tells entirely different story as depicted from the article of the Arab News.

1. Story tells, it was Two Seater, which cannot be confirmed from video of Dunia News.
2. News story indicated that it was Helicopter, but video shows it was a Gyrocopter.

Anybody having different videos or pics, please post. :coffee:

well I was dancing after reading this news from this thread couple of minutes ago and later on saw the picture and video of this helicopter. I think its a first experiment so don't be disappointed guys... this helicopter came out of blue.... nobody was expecting for us to read such news.

I wonder if 9 lakh rupees can make fly you in the air... imagine if 50 lakh rupees were spent for 1 helicopter? I am sure it would have built the whole infrastructure and good enough space to accommodate 2 or 3 persons and may be used to hospitals or some emergency services?

Nice! overall i am extremely glad to hear this news and if you can afford to buy millions of dollars worth of helicopters from foreign nations... I would not mind buying couple of these helicopters for even a million dollar a piece to support our domestic industry. I am sure this is just a first step for ever boosting helicopter industry in Pakistan

Best of Luck Pakistan - Congratulations and Best of Luck to the engineers of this helicopter

Last edited:
The title given to the thread is not appropriate, it was the venture of few individual engineers, had no government support. I think its a good effort but a lot is required to be done to get big attention. Did someone find any footage by some news channel other than Dunya News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom