What's new

Pakistan Space and Satellite Developments

We will successfully put our remote sensing satellite up there by 2016/17 Inshallah...We already have our communication satellites in the space...

Our communication, navigation, and military-strike needs would be fulfilled by our own space program by 2020

Not possible.Your communications sat was a 'build & launch' contract for Chinese.The same with your remote sensing sat.Pakistani navigation & military sat by 2020 ? forget it.

I have heard from a source in SUPARCO that they are ready to tested a locally developed Synthetic Aperture Radar on an airborne platform. For this purpose a team from SUPARCO is currently in PAC Kamra and a test flight is expected around 10th to 18th of June 2015. I doubt it will be reported in the news as it has little propaganda value (unlike lets say a flashy missile test).

I couldn't fish for any more details and I obviously can't give or name a source but this is very good news for us :)

I have heard from a source in SUPARCO that they are ready to tested a locally developed Synthetic Aperture Radar on an airborne platform. For this purpose a team from SUPARCO is currently in PAC Kamra and a test flight is expected around 10th to 18th of June 2015. I doubt it will be reported in the news as it has little propaganda value (unlike lets say a flashy missile test).

I couldn't fish for any more details and I obviously can't give or name a source but this is very good news for us :)

There were plans of a SAR satellite to be launched in 215 that was then pushed to 2016-2017 time frame so what you are saying might well be totally happening and true. :tup:

There were plans of a SAR satellite to be launched in 215 that was then pushed to 2016-2017 time frame so what you are saying might well be totally happening and true. :tup:
There are two satellites under construction. One at Karachi SRDC and another at Lahore SRDC. There's some time to go before they will be ready (I think they make three models of a satellite they want to launch, the final of which called the 'flight model' is the one that is actually launched, the others are for evaluation waghaira I suppose)

I wish I knew more details. I wonder if the SAR is for satellites or for a UAV for now.

There are two satellites under construction. One at Karachi SRDC and another at Lahore SRDC. There's some time to go before they will be ready (I think they make three models of a satellite they want to launch, the final of which called the 'flight model' is the one that is actually launched, the others are for evaluation waghaira I suppose)

I wish I knew more details. I wonder if the SAR is for satellites or for a UAV for now.

if we get to find out what plane they are using for the testing of this SAR we will get a pretty good idea!! :)

if we get to find out what plane they are using for the testing of this SAR we will get a pretty good idea!! :)
Thats EXACTLY what I tried to fish for. No luck :(

You mean satellite ?

Wow, directly SAR.

Why not directly import one sat from China.
Satellite, SAR or SAR satellite? Lol

I only know of a locally built SAR that will be tested with the help of PAF

Satellite, SAR or SAR satellite? Lol

I only know of a locally built SAR that will be tested with the help of PAF
Any proof of locally build SAR?

And it is in which band? X-band?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom