What's new

Pakistan snubs India over bulletproof car at SAARC summit

Dont know... probably because no other countrys media make an issue out of it?

Source: Indian Special Forces | Page 314
My suspicion is that there is no single verifiable instance where Pakistan has flown out their vehicles for a PM's foreign visit. This is just a convenient excuse "Indians do it so so can we". I can point to a number of instances where the SPG has used their vehicles outside of India for the PM of India and provide photographic proof, can you do the same? I highly doubt it. So does no one care enough when your PM goes on foreign visits to take a picture of him OR (more likely) is this an outright lie by the Pakistani official and that this will be the first time Pakistan is flying out their vehicle for the Pak PM? If it is the latter then there really is no reason for it other than sheer pettiness.

Last edited:
My suspicion is that there is no single verifiable instance where Pakistan has flown out their vehicles for a PM's foreign visit. This is just a convenient excuse "Indians do it so so can we".

Dont give too much importance to yourself... we hardly care...

I can point to a number of instances where the SPG has used their vehicles outside of India for the PM of India and provide photographic proof, can you do the same? I highly doubt it. So does no one care enough when your PM goes on foreign visits to take a picture of him OR (more likely) is this an outright lie by the Pakistani official and that this will be the first time Pakistan is flying out their vehicle for the Pak PM? If it is the latter then there really is no reason for it other than sheer pettiness.

Dont have so much spare fkin time...

. we hardly care...
Well if you didn't care then why would your officials even mention the actions of India and her security agencies? By comparing yourselves to Indians then you obviously do care by having an awareness of what Indians do.

Dont have so much spare fkin time...
It would take about 5 mins bro, anyway I'm pretty sure you are just hedging because no such precedent exists- Pakistan has never flown vehicles out for a PM's foreign visit, not even when your PM has visited India. Again, this is little more than pettiness on your PM's/Govt's part but that is your prerogative. Just don't hide behind the "this is the norm" line. Admit that, for whatever reason, your PM didn't want to ride in an Indian car in Nepal, despite having done so during his entire visit in India in May.

Well if you didn't care then why would your officials even mention the actions of India and her security agencies? By comparing yourselves to Indians then you obviously do care by having an awareness of what Indians do.

Are you really that retarded? he took his vehicles instead of using hired indian vehicles and poor lil "im british not indian" kid cant seen to digest it?
It would take about 5 mins bro, anyway I'm pretty sure you are just hedging because no such precedent exists- Pakistan has never flown vehicles out for a PM's foreign visit, not even when your PM has visited India. Again, this is little more than pettiness on your PM's/Govt's part but that is your prerogative. Just don't hide behind the "this is the norm" line. Admit that, for whatever reason, your PM didn't want to ride in an Indian car in Nepal, despite having done so during his entire visit in India in May.

Spare me the BS.. when MMS visited Pak he was given a Pak car aswell...

Are you really that retarded? he took his vehicles instead of using hired indian vehicles
I'm just trying to understand why he set this predecent.

Spare me the BS.. when MMS visited Pak he was given a Pak car aswell...
Manmohan Singh never visited Pakistan o_O

And anyway the SPG's procedure of taking their vehicles to foreign countries has only recently started happening (past 1-2 years) so that is irrelevant anyway. If an Indian PM visited Pakistan today he would have be using an Indian (760Li) car no doubt about it.

But what I am trying to understand is why Mr Sharif was okay to use an Indian car when he visited India in May but now suddenly has an issue with Indian cars in Nepal? It is the inconsistency that points to sheer pettiness.

Also, let's leave personal jibes out of this. Let's talk in facts.

I'm just trying to understand why he set this predecent.
manmohan Singh never visited Pakistan o_O

And anyway the SPG's procedure of taking their vehicles to foreign countries has only recently started happening (past 1-2 years) so that is irrelevant anyway. If an Indian PM visited Pakistan today he would have be using an Indian (760Li) car no doubt about it.

But what I am trying to understand is why Mr Sharif was okay to use an Indian car when he visited India in May but now suddenly has an issue with Indian cars in Nepal? It is the inconsistency that points to sheer pettiness.

Also, let's leave personal jibes out of this. Let's talk in facts.

No car was offered by India to PM Nawaz: FO

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office spokeswoman Tasneem Aslam on Thursday said no car was offered by India to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for the upcoming SAARC summit in Nepal, adding "so there was no question of turning down the offer".

"Prime Minister Nawaz will attend the summit," Aslam told reporters in Islamabad.

On Nov 17, a Nepalese official had said that Prime Minister Nawaz rejected the use of a bulletproof car provided by India for summit of South Asian leaders in Kathmandu.

Read: Pakistan snubs India over bulletproof car at SAARC summit

Sharif “will be bringing his own car ... all other vehicles for [visiting] heads of countries have come from India”, Nepalese foreign ministry spokesman Khaga Nath Adhikari had said.

The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation summit will see the leaders of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal, India and Pakistan meet in Kathmandu on November 26 and 27.

Speaking on Afghan President Ashraf Ghani's visit to the country, the FO spokeswoman termed it as successful.

Read: Let’s bury the past and move on, says Afghan president

At the end of his two-day path-breaking visit, Ghani had vowed to open a new chapter in ties with Pakistan.

“We must overcome the past … we will not permit the past to destroy the future,” he had said at a joint press conference with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

She also emphasised on Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu's visit to the country, saying that it was extremely important and bilateral cooperation between the two countries were expanding.

"Cooperation between Pakistan and Russia is increasing and ties are on upward trajectory," Aslam said.
No car was offered by India to PM Nawaz: FO - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

No car was offered by India to PM Nawaz: FO

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office spokeswoman Tasneem Aslam on Thursday said no car was offered by India to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for the upcoming SAARC summit in Nepal, adding "so there was no question of turning down the offer".

"Prime Minister Nawaz will attend the summit," Aslam told reporters in Islamabad.

On Nov 17, a Nepalese official had said that Prime Minister Nawaz rejected the use of a bulletproof car provided by India for summit of South Asian leaders in Kathmandu.

Read: Pakistan snubs India over bulletproof car at SAARC summit

Sharif “will be bringing his own car ... all other vehicles for [visiting] heads of countries have come from India”, Nepalese foreign ministry spokesman Khaga Nath Adhikari had said.

The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation summit will see the leaders of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal, India and Pakistan meet in Kathmandu on November 26 and 27.

Speaking on Afghan President Ashraf Ghani's visit to the country, the FO spokeswoman termed it as successful.

Read: Let’s bury the past and move on, says Afghan president

At the end of his two-day path-breaking visit, Ghani had vowed to open a new chapter in ties with Pakistan.

“We must overcome the past … we will not permit the past to destroy the future,” he had said at a joint press conference with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

She also emphasised on Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu's visit to the country, saying that it was extremely important and bilateral cooperation between the two countries were expanding.

"Cooperation between Pakistan and Russia is increasing and ties are on upward trajectory," Aslam said.
No car was offered by India to PM Nawaz: FO - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
So then why did the Nepali officials say what they did? Dubious comments coming out of Pakistan now to say the least....

Back
Top Bottom