What's new

Pakistan says wants China to build naval base

wow its fresh news. i thought we are talking about old one.

YES GIVE China bases in Pakistan.
One must be given to China in Northern areas of Pakistan.

i am all for Chinese basis atleast 3

Our relationship with China are so close and sensitive that once China enters Pakistan, it will be difficult to cancel their lending agreement for airbases in future. We must try not to lend any basis, land or air to anyone including America. We must try to keep our sovereignty intact regardless of the offerings being rewarded by the allied nation.

3??? I would not even lend 1 Airbase to any other nation but if I have to do it at all costs then 1 is more than enough for China and also ask Americans to evacuate all airbases in Pakistan as soon as possible :)

Why China need Airbases in Pakistan? - is it to contain India? then we are doing that job very well... Chinese share a very long border with India so they can build another base anywhere they want.

good post brother.

Everyone is saying pakistan is incapable of defending its base so we need chinese for protection against India. No one looks at the problems faced by the host countries. And time has changed. we dont want a fight and disrupt our growth.

You are funny
One reason for China needing the prot is because China want to get oil from Iran safely, but it seems Iran will break its deal with China for India...
By the way, Tajik is member of SCO, not an ally of India but China

You are funny
One reason for China needing the prot is because China want to get oil from Iran safely, but it seems Iran will break its deal with China for India...
By the way, Tajik is member of SCO, not an ally of India but China

Please use" reply with quote " button on your right side. In that way members will know to whom you are talking.

And welcome to the forum. Please introduce yourself in the members introduction area of the forum.

Our relationship with China are so close and sensitive that once China enters Pakistan, it will be difficult to cancel their lending agreement for airbases in future. We must try not to lend any basis, land or air to anyone including America. We must try to keep our sovereignty intact regardless of the offerings being rewarded by the allied nation.

3??? I would not even lend 1 Airbase to any other nation but if I have to do it at all costs then 1 is more than enough for China and also ask Americans to evacuate all airbases in Pakistan as soon as possible :)

Why China need Airbases in Pakistan? - is it to contain India? then we are doing that job very well... Chinese share a very long border with India so they can build another base anywhere they want.

We are talking about naval bases in this thread, not air bases. Unfortuantely, Pakistani navy is really incompetant, it can not even protect its base from a dozen terrorists, just forget about india or any other enemy.

Chinese naval base will be more beneficial to Pakistan because this most powerful nation in Asia will be protecting its interests in the region which are the same as Pakistan's interests in the region. Gwadar will be an utter failure if terrorists target Gwadar and Chinese supplies, China needs their powerful navy to protect their supplies so it'll be a win-win situation for both Pakistan and China. It wont be a win situation for your friends the indians I am sure.

We are talking about naval bases in this thread, not air bases. Unfortuantely, Pakistani navy is really incompetant, it can not even protect its base from a dozen terrorists, just forget about india or any other enemy.

Chinese naval base will be more beneficial to Pakistan because this most powerful nation in Asia will be protecting its interests in the region which are the same as Pakistan's interests in the region. Gwadar will be an utter failure if terrorists target Gwadar and Chinese supplies, China needs their powerful navy to protect their supplies so it'll be a win-win situation for both Pakistan and China. It wont be a win situation for your friends the indians I am sure.

well i am sorry for typing airbase instead of naval base. I know Gwadar port's naval base is under discussion since many years now... all i am saying is we must keep all the military bases in our country for personal use only and not allow foreign powers to come and establish their own bases in Pakistan. I understand Chinese naval base will bring a lot of investment in the region and benefit both Pakistan and China but i am looking this in the long run. Imagine after 20 years we are armed with excellent weaponry and security system and then ask Chinese to leave this port for one reason or another.... that may deeply harm relationships between both countries in my opinion

The thing is, nations collaborate with each other in economy, defence and other fields and become friends or foes to protect the self interest of each other and one must keep its friends limited to collaboration only and not entirely incline towards one particular nation that in a sense you become paralysed without her support. Joint ventures further strengthen the relationships and we are already doing all this with China... I don't know why we Pakistanis have a bad habit of gifting our heart to other nations if someone gives you a good smile. We did same with Americans and are going to repeat with China (although the level of friendship is hugely different and Chinese are treated like brothers for everyone in Pakistan).

Lets keep good business with China, lets increase trades and defence deals, lets have joint ventures and share of technology and resources... but big NO to Airbases or Naval bases to any nation in my opinion

Pakistan needs China now more than China needs Pakistan. Pakistan Navy can not even protect its base from 15 terrorists, how can Pakistani navy protect the coast of Balochistan and Sindh from an army of Indians or Americans?

China having a naval base in Pakistan is the only way we can protect our strategic interests that we share with China.

China should build bases in both Balochistan and Sindh provinces of Pakistan.

:china: :pakistan:

Omar

Never never underestimate Pakistan strategic forces, you have sufficient time & discussion over this forum. India, US aware how Pakistan ready to react any military attack so they now come to hit from backyards and to counter these backyards there are intelligence & civil law enforcement authorities exists so why blaming Pakistan forces who are concentrating on borders and coasts security but they are not responsible to chase terrorists in the city and this is not their job.

They are doing their job well and civil intelligence authorities have to do their job well to protect military assets not to disturb their attention from border securities.

Army & civil government have their own responsibilities so don't mix them.

Pakistan asks China to take over Arabian coast port

James Hardy Asia-Pacific Editor - London

Additional reporting by

Farhan Bokhari Correspondent - Islamabad

Pakistan has asked China to take over the running of Gwadar port and to build a naval base at the Arabian Sea coast facility.

A senior Pakistani government official told that Islamabad is keen for China to expand its naval presence in the Indian Ocean Region [IOR] and "benefit from the naval base at Gwadar for maintenance and repair of Chinese vessels as well as rest and recreation".

Pakistani officials made the request during Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani's four-day visit to Beijing that started on 17 May. "Pakistan and China already collaborate closely on defence, including naval purposes. China has been a good friend of Pakistan," the official said.

Since it opened in 2007 Gwadar's commercial port has been run by Singapore's PSA International. reported in November 2010 that Pakistan was considering terminating the 40-year management contract, with officials saying PSA had failed to fulfil promises to develop the facility.

A PSA International spokesman declined to comment when contacted by on 25 May.

"We are grateful to the Chinese government for constructing Gwadar port," Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar said in comments reported by the official Associated Press of Pakistan news agency. "However, we will be more grateful to the Chinese government if a naval base is constructed at the site of Gwadar for Pakistan."

A bare-bones Pakistan naval facility, PNS Akram, is already established as a forward operating base at Gwadar, which according to World Navies is commanded by a two-star officer.

ANALYSIS

Pakistan's request that China take over Gwadar port and build a naval facility is the latest example of Islamabad emphasising ties with Beijing in the aftermath of the US' unilateral 1 May raid that killed Osama bin Laden in northern Pakistan.

It accompanies China's agreement to accelerate the delivery of 50 JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft to Pakistan in the next few months: a not-so-subtle sign to the US that it is not the only ally in town.

Offering Beijing a friendly deep-water facility on the Arabian Sea coast also chimes well with Pakistan's policy of using Beijing as a lever against arch-rival India. New Delhi has long aired concerns over encirclement by China, which in response has attempted to position its funding of port construction in Pakistan and Sri Lanka as purely civilian infrastructure development.

In fact, China has not yet publically responded to Pakistan's request and may decide that acceding to Islamabad's suggestion is at odds with its oft-stated position of having "no hegemonic intentions".

I cannot agree with your argument . China is afuture super power and Pakistan is undoubtedly a current or future regional power so how you will match each other interest . more over why you think your arms forces are in competent infront of India ? if you think your arm forces are not match for India then what the logic of maintaining it spending billion of dollar every year rather spend that money for other socio economic development and give your country's security to other country you feel comfortable .

and for the navy's matching with India or fighting with India why not to ask more chinese assistance instead of dragging them into your country and make a play ground for super powers ?

i don't think this is a good idea! it threaten many country, especially Indian and american don't like this.

Pakistan needs as much help as they can get but their not so liking us latly atated in the text lol

I do not agree with handing over a base to any country. Pakistan must, in all cases, keep all its bases under its supervision. We must not sit in anyone's lap at all... Time to stand up on your own feet.

none of bharati business. its our land and our property so whoever we want to give base here its none of bharati business.

you owned him jana!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom