What's new

Pakistan rated among top emerging economies

yes the stock market is responding +vely to the MSCI rating. my small mutual fund has recently performed wonderfully. I'm all smiles.
btw whats the procedure to buy? Whats the minimum amount a person can invest? Can you please guide.

I expect Modi to personally pick it up on his back by himself while returning to India & do his last yoga of his life in yoga pants sitting on a nuclear tipped bomb. How cool that sounds aye?

Well you lot dream about taking Kashmir back someday too....so why crush the fantasies. Keep them coming so we can explore your psyche a little more deeply :P

What majority of Bangladeshis think about Pakistan in current age? I know the answer but still want to know from a native Bangladeshi.
It is mixed.Most Bangladeshi have anger due to 1971 issue.But most Bangladeshi also like Pakistan as a fellow muslim country and a great counterweight of Bharat.Pakistan can easily heal the rift about 1971 and make the awami league logic obsolete by showing sympathy about 1971 and if possible a formal apology for excess committed by Pakistani army.

Last edited:
Pakistan may be rated among the top emerging economies but sadly even the Bangla Desh appears to be doing better than Pakistan.

FE Reserves of Bangla Desh reached $29.1-billion in April 2106. Bagola Desh has set $37-billion as export target for 2016-2017 fiscal year.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/business/2016/jul/14/bangladesh-sets-37-bn-export-target

On the other hand, Pakistan has barely crossed $23-billion FE level with unlikely to achieve her r=export target of $35-billion by 2018.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1116825/trade-policy-framework-exports-unlikely-reach-2018-target/

Pakistan’s Trade deficit is close to $20-billion which is about twice that of Bangla Desh.

Thus while we may jump with joy at the occasional good news, the fact remains that until such time we completely eliminate the poison of extremism/jihadism and improve Law & Order situation, things are not likely to improve much.

Obviously our politicians couldn't care less about the Law & Order situation. Unscrupulous PPP gov’t in Sind is hesitating to extend Rangers mandate because they don’t want any impediments in their pursuit of illegal personal wealth.

Imran Khan’s’ ambitions have no bounds either. Instead of going thru the parliament & the courts; Taliban Khan is going to start an agitation campaign a couple of weeks from now; certainly not a conducive environment for the economic progress.

I would not call 'even' Bangladesh. It is really doing well. It's growth rate is near 7% and BD is fast closing the gap in overall GDP with Pakistan. I would not be surprised if BD were to become the second largest economy by 2020 in South Asia. Pakistan has a serious competitor.

Pakistan may be rated among the top emerging economies but sadly even the Bangla Desh appears to be doing better than Pakistan.

FE Reserves of Bangla Desh reached $29.1-billion in April 2106. Bagola Desh has set $37-billion as export target for 2016-2017 fiscal year.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/business/2016/jul/14/bangladesh-sets-37-bn-export-target

On the other hand, Pakistan has barely crossed $23-billion FE level with unlikely to achieve her r=export target of $35-billion by 2018.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1116825/trade-policy-framework-exports-unlikely-reach-2018-target/

Pakistan’s Trade deficit is close to $20-billion which is about twice that of Bangla Desh.

Thus while we may jump with joy at the occasional good news, the fact remains that until such time we completely eliminate the poison of extremism/jihadism and improve Law & Order situation, things are not likely to improve much.

Obviously our politicians couldn't care less about the Law & Order situation. Unscrupulous PPP gov’t in Sind is hesitating to extend Rangers mandate because they don’t want any impediments in their pursuit of illegal personal wealth.

Imran Khan’s’ ambitions have no bounds either. Instead of going thru the parliament & the courts; Taliban Khan is going to start an agitation campaign a couple of weeks from now; certainly not a conducive environment for the economic progress.

It is mixed.Most Bangladeshi have anger due to 1971 issue.But most Bangladeshi also like Pakistan as a fellow muslim country and a great counterweight of Bharat.Pakistan can easily heal the rift about 1971 and make the awami league logic obsolete by showing sympathy about 1971 and if possible a formal apology for excess committed by Pakistani army.
I respect your opinion.

We rather be Bangladeshs enemy

Getting tired of these bullshit reports. I'll label Pakistan as an emerging economy when:

* GDP growth rate is 7%
* Tax-to-GDP ratio is 20%
* Export-to-GDP ratio is 20%
* No Budget deficit
GDP 7% yes but rest is a bit too harsh, well way too difficult
a tax to gdp ratio of anything around 12-15 is excellent
budget deficit is not an issue
i will be more worried about current account deficit , education and HDI situation

apology was issued and the distrust was addressed with Bangladesh founder mujeeb ur rehman in 1973, problem is that we cant accept the huge numbers put forward by bangladesh...to me/average pakistani those numbers make no sense.. you are talking about 3-4 million people that bigger than even world war 2 genocide and would mean that every 8 bangli was killed and practically one man in every family..or population of size of dhaka..
we do accept that over 30,000 civilians were killed

btw whats the procedure to buy? Whats the minimum amount a person can invest? Can you please guide.

I purchased the fund through my bank and the bank is the face with any issues with the mutual fund. minimum is 1m but depends as the conditions differ for each product.

Back
Top Bottom