Pakistan rated among top emerging economies

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1146745-download-1469172106-114-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: Reuters

ISLAMABAD: Another international ratings agency has put Pakistan among top emerging South Asian economies because of continuity of policies and political stability.

2015-16: China helps as FDI in Pakistan surges 38.8%

Atlantic Media Company (AMC) of the United States has ranked Pakistan as a comparatively stronger economy in South Asian markets and expects the country will grow rapidly during the days ahead.

According to an AMC report, Pakistan government’s investment in infrastructure and other development projects has caused the country’s gross domestic product to grow.

The economy: All is not well

“It is acknowledged internationally that Pakistan is surfacing as a ‘market leader’. Current economic conditions of Pakistan are attracting foreign investors,” AMC noted.

It said last month the American stock index provider MSCI also included Pakistan among 10 most emerging economies in the world.

AMC pointed out that the security situation in Pakistan had also improved, resulting in economic stability.

China’s Premier says world should step up economic policy coordination

Moreover, $46 billion investment in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor would help Pakistan overcome chronic problems like power crisis and unemployment.

It said the KSE 100-share Index had been performing the best among Asian markets during 2016 and was ranked as world’s fifth best stock market.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 22nd, 2016.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1146745/south-asia-pakistan-rated-among-top-emerging-economies/

Getting tired of these bullshit reports. I'll label Pakistan as an emerging economy when:

* GDP growth rate is 7%
* Tax-to-GDP ratio is 20%
* Export-to-GDP ratio is 20%
* No Budget deficit
These projections are based on the potential and no doubt Pakistan's economy has immense potential for being a country of 180+ million people with a strategic location, it should perform much better.
But with an extremely corrupt & incompetent govts, it will never be realised. People of Pakistan are lethargic and helpless in front of these crooks and even establishment seems to be acting like a grumpy old man who keep criticising the his kids but cannot do anything against them. The opposition is totally ineffective and self sufficient in goofing around (I mean IK here) especially at critical junctures.

Getting tired of these bullshit reports. I'll label Pakistan as an emerging economy when:

* GDP growth rate is 7%
* No Budget deficit
:thank_you2:

* GDP growth rate is 7%
* No Budget deficit

and u think this will possible in 1 or 2 years,
gradually, we will surely reached to that point too . Ins sha Allah.

* GDP growth rate is 7%
* No Budget deficit
I agree. If Imran was PM, we would be the sole super power of the world by now & America would be begging us for the F16s instead & we wouldn't be giving them any. Tit for tat. America should thank rigging in Pakistan which saved her from the wrath of Khan

Death to Noora.

Last edited:
I agree. If Imran was PM, we would be the sole super power of the world by now & America would be begging us for the F16s instead.

Death to Noora.
Exactly! In real means he has made kpk a heaven on earth,

Corruption wipe out in 30 days.
Terrorism wipe out in 90 days,
300 dams in just 3 years
A world class hospital in each district.
Top level engineering, medical and other universities.
Finally, a new change in the province every month.

He has fulfilled all his promises.

we just did,banned gullen schools.jk
something good https://defence.pk/threads/kpk-education-updates.440141/

Its a welcome start but much more needed. I am looking at the UNESCO statistics and they are not good at all.

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0024/002452/245238e.pdf

For example, Pakistan has about double the total number of out of school primary school kids (5.6 million) compared to India, even though India has a population 7 times more. Similar trends are seen at higher levels of education though not as severe in disparity (but more due to India not doing so well in these areas too).

But some progress is being made by Pakistan in primary schooling according to UNESC) page 223 at least in enrolment:

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002322/232205e.pdf

But where the real suffering is secondary schooling especially for girls. 2.5% of GDP on education is not enough to improve this....Pakistan must get it much higher.

A full 25% of Pakistan's youth (ages 15-24) is illiterate in 2015 that is way too high....they must be brought into remedial education programs to get some functional literacy.

Overall school life expectancy in Pakistan is too low....around 8.4 years in 2011 compared to south asia average of 11 years. Infact even Afghanistan now has a higher school life expectancy by an additional year. This again stems from the serious problem Pakistan is having in secondary schooling where gross enrolment rate is less than 50% of cohort for lower secondary and around 27% for upper secondary in 2012....worse than Afghanistan again by a considerable amount.

Primary schooling intake survival/ cohort completion rates are also dreadfully low in Pakistan (as low as 60% and 40%) respectively.

These are all structural problems that must be addressed ASAP and it is very worrying if Pakistan literacy rate is actually declining:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/886027/2013-14-report-literacy-rate-slips-nationwide-by-2/

Anyways I was wondering what is the % split in primary, secondary and tertiary levels between private and govt education by enrolment?

I hope Pakistan fixes this absolutely priority number 1 problem in its education soon. Education is the bedrock of the whole economy and social development in general.

Its a welcome start but much more needed. I am looking at the UNESCO statistics and they are not good at all.

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0024/002452/245238e.pdf

For example, Pakistan has about double the total number of out of school primary school kids (5.6 million) compared to India, even though India has a population 7 times more. Similar trends are seen at higher levels of education though not as severe in disparity (but more due to India not doing so well in these areas too).

But some progress is being made by Pakistan in primary schooling according to UNESC) page 223 at least in enrolment:

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002322/232205e.pdf

But where the real suffering is secondary schooling especially for girls. 2.5% of GDP on education is not enough to improve this....Pakistan must get it much higher.

A full 25% of Pakistan's youth (ages 15-24) is illiterate in 2015 that is way too high....they must be brought into remedial education programs to get some functional literacy.

Overall school life expectancy in Pakistan is too low....around 8.4 years in 2011 compared to south asia average of 11 years. Infact even Afghanistan now has a higher school life expectancy by an additional year. This again stems from the serious problem Pakistan is having in secondary schooling where gross enrolment rate is less than 50% of cohort for lower secondary and around 27% for upper secondary in 2012....worse than Afghanistan again by a considerable amount.

Primary schooling intake survival/ cohort completion rates are also dreadfully low in Pakistan (as low as 60% and 40%) respectively.

These are all structural problems that must be addressed ASAP and it is very worrying if Pakistan literacy rate is actually declining:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/886027/2013-14-report-literacy-rate-slips-nationwide-by-2/

Anyways I was wondering what is the % split in primary, secondary and tertiary levels between private and govt education by enrolment?

I hope Pakistan fixes this absolutely priority number 1 problem in its education soon. Education is the bedrock of the whole economy and social development in general.
Worry about your own country. :blah:

Exactly! In real means he has made kpk a heaven on earth,

Corruption wipe out in 30 days.
Terrorism wipe out in 90 days,
300 dams in just 3 years
A world class hospital in each district.
Top level engineering, medical and other universities.
Finally, a new change in the province every month.

He has fulfilled all his promises.
I heard from someone that KPK is now part of Switzerland. Is that true?

* GDP growth rate is 7%
* No Budget deficit

When you write "Export-to-GDP ratio is 20 %", do you mean GDP (PPP) or official exchange rate ?

Back
Top Bottom