Pakistan Plans to Produce 24 JF-17 Thunder Fighter Aircraft This year

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pakistani_1460367135.jpg

Pakistani JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft

Pakistan plans to increase the rate of manufacture of the JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft from 17 in 2015 to 24 in 2016.

The country’s Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman expressed determination to produce up to 24 jets in 2016. He was speaking at a ceremony to hand over JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Squadron-II of Pakistan Air Force (PAF), various Pak media outlets reported.

Earlier, Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif on Monday formally handed over JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Squadron-II of Pakistan Air Force in Karachi by giving the command flag to second squadron of PAF.

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman also was also present in the ceremony while a fly past of JF-17 Thunder aircraft was also held on the occasion.

The newly produced batch of 16 JF-17 Thunder has been inducted to PAF fleet. Addressing at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman said that JF-17 Thunder are guarantor of national security and peace in the region.

The PAF chief said that JF-17 Thunders will eventually phase out the older model of Mirage jet fighters till 2020.

JF-17 Thunder is an advanced, light-weight, all weather, day / night multi-role fighter aircraft; developed as a joint venture between Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) of China. The PAC holds exclusive rights of 58% of JF-17 airframe co-production work. The aircraft has 7 weapons stations with a total load capacity of 3400 pounds.

Pakistan Plans to Produce 24 JF-17 Thunder Fighter Aircraft This year

Many projects are running at the same time regarding Jf17.

1: increasing production rate annually
2: installation of IFR probe
3: twin seat version development
4: work on block 3
5: upgradations of already present aircrafts from French avionics

Good luck for everything :tup:

Ok I have few questions. Does we have enough of defense budget to buy more and more of these aircrafts? Or we are just not buying from the budget is given. Is there any limit to this, where we can say we have enough of them? Lastly, if answer is yes, these aircrafts are bought out of the defensebudget. Then don't we have much more important needs to spend the money on. Like, schools, universities, hospitals and so on.

Thanks!

@Windjammer @MastanKhan @Horus

Ok I have few questions. Does we have enough of defense budget to buy more and more of these aircrafts? Or we are just not buying from the budget is given. Is there any limit to this, where we can say we have enough of them? Lastly, if answer is yes, these aircrafts are bought out of the defensebudget. Then don't we have much more important needs to spend the money on. Like, schools, universities, hospitals and so on.

Thanks!

All purchases are made from the defence budget allocated by the GoP. This defence budget is around 2-3% of GDP. Most of the countries spend 2% of their GDP on their defence.

We are all military enthusiasts here so questioning or showing concern about military spending won't win you many friends on PDF.

All purchases are made from the defence budget allocated by the GoP. This defence budget is around 2-3% of GDP. Most of the countries spend 2% of their GDP on their defence.

We are all military enthusiasts here so questioning or showing concern about military spending won't win you many friends on PDF.

So am I pro army, passionately love our army. But that should not take away my rights to ask questions.

Thanks!

Larger projects like JF-17 have a special allocation for budgeting. When do we say we have enough? There are two ways of looking at it and then there is the right way.

1. Are we spending more than our economy allows to? Answer yes.

2. Are we spending enough to deter an aggression on our beloved country? Answer no.

3. (The right way) Are we not spending on education, health, socio-economic development because we are spending on defence? No!

So, here are a few facts. Our air force is outnumbered 3-1. And that outnumbered air force has a fleet which is outdated and due for replacement (about 2/3rd of it). Navy is even worse. It is necessary to maintain enough strength so that our neighbours do not dare. Make no mistake, when we are down they will not hesitate. Military power provides peace (absence of conflict) which is essential to nourish education, health etc. You can't do without either of them. Without strong defence your socio-economic progress goes up in smoke. Without progress you can not maintain credible defence.

Answer lies in transparency and rooting out corruption coupled with competent and honest economic team. Get the right team at the helm of affairs and you can have both. Don't do that, and no amount of riches will reach people or defence forces. Riches will just reach to offshore companies. You get the idea, right?

They are bought out of defense budget, payments are extended over the long term.

Thanks!

Thanks!

and those schools hospitals and universities will be run over either by our enemies in east or west or the ones across the ocean....

kindly look at recent pictures of Libya.... a country probably 10 times more rich than Pakistan.... also google Iraq and Syria....

please try to find out how many Syrian children are enjoying their school these days.....

the eunich (heejra ) state without a defence budget cannot exist...

instead of cutting defence should we not cut corruption first?

Thanks!

As our economy grows so does all the budgets - right now we have more than enough to procure JF-17s; this year is very crucial for our military as our budget has most likely been increased to 9.5 billion due to our economic growth; this is why the military has chosen this year to procure many goodies for modernization including a new standard rifle. We are to see much more this year.

Larger projects like JF-17 have a special allocation for budgeting. When do we say we have enough? There are two ways of looking at it and then there is the right way.

2. Are we spending enough to deter an aggression on our beloved country? Answer no.

3. (The right way) Are we not spending on education, health, socio-economic development because we are spending on defence? No!

So, here are a few facts. Our air force is outnumbered 3-1. And that outnumbered air force has a fleet which is outdated and due for replacement (about 2/3rd of it). Navy is even worse. It is necessary to maintain enough strength so that our neighbours do not dare. Make no mistake, when we are down they will not hesitate. Military power provides peace (absence of conflict) which is essential to nourish education, health etc. You can't do without either of them. Without strong defence your socio-economic progress goes up in smoke. Without progress you can not maintain credible defence.

Answer lies in transparency and rooting out corruption coupled with competent and honest economic team. Get the right team at the helm of affairs and you can have both. Don't do that, and no amount of riches will reach people or defence forces. Riches will just reach to offshore companies. You get the idea, right?

Or...we can go the Bangladesh route and become the western colony of a rapidly rising India, come under their sphere of influence and dance to their tunes; reducing defense expenditure from $ 9 billion to $ 1-2 billion, give up the nuclear program and happily spend the rest on health and education; and probably no more deaths in terrorism. I wonder which option would folks like to choose..

Or...we can go the Bangladesh route and become the western colony of a rapidly rising India, come under their sphere of influence and dance to their tunes; reducing defense expenditure from $ 9 billion to $ 1-2 billion, give up the nuclear program and happily spend the rest on health and education; and probably no more deaths in terrorism. I wonder which option would folks like to choose..

If we wanted to stay with hindus we would not have chosen Partition

Before saying anything else, let me be clear. It was not conclusion of the topic, but the concerns. These questions came up to my mind and I preferred asking you all and find out different opnions/facts/views on it. Yes of course we don't have good relations with our neighbors. We particularly mention India all the time. But so don't we have with Iran or let me say they don't want it. . Most definitely we need to strong our military to protect our land. And thanks I got my answers.

They are bought out of defense budget, payments are extended over the long term.

Got it. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom