What's new

Pakistan pins hopes on Trump for F16s, CSF money

Oh yes after visit to FATA Sen. John McCain & his many colleagues are favourable to Pakistan. Also remember that just ast week either US Commander or Centcom Commander (don't recall exactly) visited with good remarks.

If given a chance PAF will still like to have more F-16s new or used. This is a good short term measure with an eye to future procurement of 5th gen aircraft.

For another 10 years F-35 is not possible.

Remember Mattis has used words "incentivize" which may mean anything.

Some optimistic notes on the F-16s saga from our friends at Quwa. Thanks to Bilal Khan.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Notes & Comments:

In 2016, the U.S. Department of State approved a USD $700 million sale of 8 Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Block-52+ to Pakistan. However, the sale was contingent on a Foreign Military Financing (FMF) element that would partly subsidize the sale. While Congress approved the sale, it did not greenlight the FMF, thus prompting Islamabad to walk away from the sale.

Despite these shortfalls, Washington – now firmly led by the Republican Party – is intent on maintaining a measure of productive continuity with its defence relationship with Pakistan.

These instruments could enable Pakistan to procure new-built F-16s and potentially other arms, such as additional AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters, from the U.S.

http://quwa.org/2017/01/16/pakistans-u-s-ambassador-revives-hopes-for-f-16s/

Pakistan should definitely work on having good relations with US however currently due to various reasons the relationship is not at its best. Indian lobby is working through other friendly countries and directly in US. The Afghan government is blaming Pakistan for their failure in governing Afghanistan.

I think the more prudent thing would be to wait a bit till the new administration settles in. I suspect the crunch is whether the 16s are offered with CSF. I suspect PAF can take the line that 16s are now a bonus rather than necessity. I dont however see PAF paying 100 million per plane from national exchecquer without AIM9X release plus more C7/Ds.
A
And hope that DJT does not become a member of PDF,
and start reading some of the postings,
or a Category 5 Tweet storm will arrive,
rather than fighter aircraft.

And hope that DJT does not become a member of PDF,
and start reading some of the postings,
or a Category 5 Tweet storm will arrive,
rather than fighter aircraft.
TrumpImpressedByThunder.png

Last edited:

Back