What's new

Pakistan ordered AKINCI UCAV. Pakistan will be one of the first users of the AKINCI system

Against whom, Pakistan already holds one of the largest UCAV fleets in the region, how many of these are actually operational and being used to protect, Have we seen any of these being actively used in the hot zones or protect the border , or in balochistan
Why diversify the fleet so much that it will become an operational nightmare Just what Pakistan says for India as they have platforms from Russia, US & Europe.
Why no actual investment in Existing local platforms, i can understand doing a JV with one or 2 companies to build your own local industry, but this seems more like hey we got this and this and this and using state funds for bribes and putting in own pocket instead of building platforms.
Locally produce this produce that blabla as if its so easy, Akıncı is an highly advanced combat uav it is on par with the MQ9 Reaper. Baykar reached this far after R&D for 30+ years and this is the result. Do you really think Pakistan or any other country can devellop such advanced UAV in short time. Sometimes it is better to be thankful there is a source who is willing to provide you such advanced system to compare with its alternatives a MQ9 would never be sold to Pakistan. US didnt even sell MQ1 to Turkiye let alone MQ9 to Pakistan.

They're the reason we're buying this from Turkey instead of developing this in-house. Their love affair with 2 families and land patches has destroyed everything, including education; that is necessary to produce these drones.
If anything you should be a little more thankful that Baykar sells you such advanced weaponry.

Last edited:
Unlike TB2
This drone will be good againt terrorist but against India it will be picked up on radar and susceptible to enemy SAMs and fighters
It can be armed with cruise missiles indian radar will be toast the cruise missile will be launched from huge distance the uav will be out of range for the sams.

Locally produce this produce that blabla as if its so easy, Akıncı is an highly advanced combat uav it is on par with the MQ9 Reaper. Baykar reached this far after R&D for 30+ years and this is the result. Do you really think Pakistan or any other country can devellop such advanced UAV in short time. Sometimes it is better to be thankful there is a source who is willing to provide you such advanced system to compare with its alternatives a MQ9 would never be sold to Pakistan.

If anything you should be a little more thankful that Baykar sells you such advanced weaponry.
Then why is turkey developing its local industry, Shouldn't Turkey just be happy that the US was providing F35 the fifth Gen platform, Why is turkey asking US to upgrade its existing F16s ? shouldn't they be happy to what they already got?

Turkey is not doing it for Pakistan's sake, it's just fo cash simple as that. They will sell to anyone who is willing to pay up.

Now the real response to your idiot post is following

For small orders, for short-term goals, it makes sense to just simply, But for large orders, it makes more sense to develop local industry if the system is not par to international standards you need to invest and bring your own programs to international standards.
This gives you the benefit to develop platform exactly to your needs and much cheaper forget about exports

Just to burst your bubble Pakistan already has a few local programs running
1 Jassos & Jassos 2
2 GIDS Shahpar Series
3 Burraq UCAV
Forget about All other UAV & UCAV Pakistan has ordered from the West, Turkey & China. I

Then why is turkey developing its local industry, Shouldn't Turkey just be happy that the US was providing F35 the fifth Gen platform, Why is turkey asking US to upgrade its existing F16s ? shouldn't they be happy to what they already got?

Turkey is not doing it for Pakistan's sake, it's just fo cash simple as that. They will sell to anyone who is willing to pay up.

Now the real response to your idiot post is following

For small orders, for short-term goals, it makes sense to just simply, But for large orders, it makes more sense to develop local industry if the system is not par to international standards you need to invest and bring your own programs to international standards.
This gives you the benefit to develop platform exactly to your needs and much cheaper forget about exports

Just to burst your bubble Pakistan already has a few local programs running
1 Jassos & Jassos 2
2 GIDS Shahpar Series
3 Burraq UCAV
Forget about All other UAV & UCAV Pakistan has ordered from the West, Turkey & China. I
Listen you genius Turkiye was kicked out of the F35 programme it was a partner in development otherwise Turkiye would be glad to receive those F35's because it is simply the most advanced available fighter in the world.

What you say about Akıncı is basically same as me saying **** F35 lets develop our own in case of US selling it to Turkiye.

Those uav's that you made are shit quality nothing close to advanced ones. Iran has also alot of these drones they are not same class.

A fucking Fiat is not same as Ferarri.

Listen you genius Turkiye was kicked out of the F35 programme it was a partner in development otherwise Turkiye would be glad to receive those F35's because it is simply the most advanced available fighter in the world.

What you say about Akıncı is basically same as me saying **** F35 lets develop our own in case of US selling it to Turkiye.

Those uav's that you made are shit quality nothing close to advanced ones. Iran has also alot of these drones they are not same class.

A fucking Fiat is not same as Ferarri.
If you still can't understand something which I put very simply, that's on you. Wont waste more of my time with you

Locally produce this produce that blabla as if its so easy, Akıncı is an highly advanced combat uav it is on par with the MQ9 Reaper. Baykar reached this far after R&D for 30+ years and this is the result. Do you really think Pakistan or any other country can devellop such advanced UAV in short time. Sometimes it is better to be thankful there is a source who is willing to provide you such advanced system to compare with its alternatives a MQ9 would never be sold to Pakistan. US didnt even sell MQ1 to Turkiye let alone MQ9 to Pakistan.

Since drones are so advanced and difficult to produce, why did turkey decide to make its own instead of buying from others? Same with any other system that a country makes itself. If you can answer that then you’ll understand why Pakistanis & every other nationality, including you Turks, wishes for their defense systems to be made locally.

Last edited:
It's alarming that Pakistan barely uses armed drone systems against terrorists on its own territory. I have a hard time understanding the reservation. Drones literally pushed PKK out of Turkey. The organization practically collapsed in SE Turkey - a terrain similar to Pakistan's Western regions - and is now active in Iraq and Syria. What's holding back the security forces of Pakistan? Is money an issue?
this question has been asked a trillion times, there is no answer sadly.

View attachment 858034

------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 858035
------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's good to boast of this, but I actually wonder the reason behind this hodge podge of somewhat similar platforms.

Perhaps maintenance costs of UAV's are so low that you can afford a hodge podge?

Since drones are so advanced and difficult to produce, why did turkey decide to make its own instead of buying from others? Same with any other system that a country makes itself. If you can answer that then you’ll understand why Pakistanis & every other nationality, including you Turks, wishes for their defense systems to be made locally.
My point is when there is a chance to buy a drone such a akıncı it will be better to buy it. You can still develop your own but as i said Akıncı is a result of 3 decades r&d from baykar It cant be done in short term.

Ten years ago Turkiye tried to buy MQ1 predators it was refused eventough Baykar was working on own drones it was not on par with these advanced drones from US. Then Turkiye buyed Herons the army was not satisfied with its performance meanwhile Turkiye was still developping its own drones.

If US offered MQ9 or Global Hawk Turkiye would still be interested today even when itself is in top 3 in the world als drone producers. Instead of bitching about local made because no other country owns such an advanced technology.

I hope you get it anyway i am done with this nonsense pakistan should produce its own drones and cancel this procurement. 😄

Last edited:
It's good to boast of this, but I actually wonder the reason behind this hodge podge of somewhat similar platforms.

Perhaps maintenance costs of UAV's are so low that you can afford a hodge podge?

It seems a hoch-poch to a certain degree. Lets dive deep down a bit

The difference in Pakistani Drone prowess and Indian one is visible - So No boasting as such.

Clearest picture so far of India’s stealth flying wing tech demonstrator before its maiden flight test today in Karnataka. This is a precursor to the Ghatak stealth combat drone program.

1656666017674.png

Another case in point - Trouble roiled the Rustom II program in 2014 when lack of access to critical components, like engines and sensors, delayed its flight testing.

Rustom II had Barely finished its pre-flight trials in early 2015.

1656666108588.png

=================================

On the other hand - Pakistan turned for mature products of its close Allies China & Turkiye - along with Local development such as Shahpar I & II & Azm MALE Attack Drone .

1656666752158.png

In comparison to arch rivals - Its a diverse fleet and Logistical nightmare it seems on first sight.

It will be interesting to see How Pakistan military utilises its potent yet diversified fleet of UAVs of China, Turkiye and Local Origins ;

Which arm of Military uses which type and in which roles :

I-STAR, C3 , COIN, Naval, CAS, Bombing, Recon, Target acquisition , Taking out SHORADS, SAM Sites aided by KORAL, Dedicated EW Support Roles etc

"...Cost is important because the Turkish / Ukraine experience shows that the end-user will certainly lose drones in combat. Indeed, that is the benefit of using drones as losses do not result in the loss of human resources or high-cost platforms, such as manned fixed-wing fighters or attack helicopters. That ability to absorb losses frees the end-user to deploy drones in high-risk scenarios.
Moreover, it allows the end-user to iterate on deployment much faster (as it is easier to replace drones) with revised tactics, potentially within hours of an attrition.By virtue of lower costs and expansive production (a necessity to sustain operations at-scale and higher attrition rates), one could scale the overhead of developing the aerostructure materials, engine, subsystems, and onboard weapons." -- QUWA

The Logistical supply chain with both Turkey and China is secure for Pakistan. The assets are NOT a maintenance nightmare in itself with Lower capital costs involved. That , with the various roles explained, could be the reason to operate such a diverse fleet of UAVs.

==================================

The concept below was unheard of till a decade back. Look at it Now.

1656642048869.png

Last edited:
My point is when there is a chance to buy a drone such a akıncı it will be better to buy it. You can still develop your own but as i said Akıncı is a result of 3 decades r&d from baykar It cant be done in short term.

Ten years ago Turkiye tried to buy MQ1 predators it was refused eventough Baykar was working on own drones it was not on par with these advanced drones from US. Then Turkiye buyed Herons the army was not satisfied with its performance meanwhile Turkiye was still developping its own drones.

If US offered MQ9 or Global Hawk Turkiye would still be interested today even when itself is in top 3 in the world als drone producers. Instead of bitching about local made because no other country owns such an advanced technology.

I hope you get it anyway i am done with this nonsense pakistan should produce its own drones and cancel this procurement. 😄

No one is saying this was a bad buy or that Akinci is a bad system. At most ppl are not happy with our current state of affairs with respect to production capabilities. Stop overreacting & making idiotic statements.

Last edited:
No one is saying this was a bad buy or that Akinci is a bad system. At most ppl are not happy with our current state of affairs with respect to production capabilities. Stop overreacting & making idiotic statements.
There are a few countries in the world that can produce drones at the "akinci" level, Pakistan is not one of them. don't upset yourself in vain, be a little happy that you can get it.

Will we ever use it against india ? Ya phir hameesha ki trah ........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom