What's new

Featured Pakistan operationalises Bayraktar TB-2 MALE UCAV for PAF

Things to look into can be:

1. Laser guided munitions like L-UMTAS ATGM and other laser guided munitions MAM-C,T,L.
2. The shooting down of TB-2 in Libya and Ukraine. Evaluate tactics, anti air weapons and mission profile of TB-2. (is it worth investing IR filters and MAW related systems against radar guided weapons in TB-2)
3. The electronic warfare, and information gathering capability of TB-2 in non-combat role. Also SEAD/DEAD role for TB-2.
4. Possible integration of TB-2 with Erieye or ZDK3. Similarly, TB-2 directly linked with JF-17 or J-10 for future missions inside enemy territory.
5. Future integration of A2A weaponry possibly from Turkey to compliment AD/CAP fighters in Pakistani airspace.
6. The weight of glide bombs (H-2,H-4) and ALCM is still more than carrying capacity of TB-2.

The news is true. And Jummah Bazar continues. I really want to understand the mindset behind induction of so many types of Armed Drones
It's simply crazy. They can't make up their minds. Eventually they will use Turkish drones only. I'm also not quite sure about the proficiency of the crews.

Things to look into can be:

1. Laser guided munitions like L-UMTAS ATGM and other laser guided munitions MAM-C,T,L.
2. The shooting down of TB-2 in Libya and Ukraine. Evaluate tactics, anti air weapons and mission profile of TB-2. (is it worth investing IR filters and MAW related systems against radar guided weapons in TB-2)
3. The electronic warfare, and information gathering capability of TB-2 in non-combat role. Also SEAD/DEAD role for TB-2.
4. Possible integration of TB-2 with Erieye or ZDK3. Similarly, TB-2 directly linked with JF-17 or J-10 for future missions inside enemy territory.
5. Future integration of A2A weaponry possibly from Turkey to compliment AD/CAP fighters in Pakistani airspace.
6. The weight of glide bombs (H-2,H-4) and ALCM is still more than carrying capacity of TB-2.
Pakistan also need one Hell Fire kind of missile. I think until now we haven't anything like that. I think our Barq II is close to it. We should also get one from Turkey.

Pakistan also need one Hell Fire kind of missile. I think until now we haven't anything like that. I think our Barq II is close to it. We should also get one from Turkey.
China has a equivalent Hellfire type available on the Z-10ME

KD10A

Attachments

• Z-10_KD-10A.jpg
    Z-10_KD-10A.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 25
I'm not a expert but they were probably not good enough. They may have a role in civilian use of drones like survey, highway monitoring etc but the Turkish drones are ahead esp in the military use.
Pure speculation on my part but it could be the interim solution due to failure to precure T129s. As the deal didn't materialise & Super Mashak export which was primarily signed to offset cost for T129s that Pakistan decided to buy another Turkish system from that money instead.

Pure speculation on my part but it could be the interim solution due to failure to precure T129s. As the deal didn't materialise & Super Mashak export which was primarily signed to offset cost for T129s that Pakistan decided to buy another Turkish system from that money instead.
Possible but l haven't heard anything of this kind.

I mentioned L-UMTAS

If the Uncles get fursat from DHA we might see some real progress from HIT and POF. Who are leeching off Pakistan public funds.

Last edited:
Shahpar III in the works that will have same endurance and same fire power as TB 2
TB2 has a major issue in terms of its range due to its limitation of operations in Line of Sight (LOS) zone.
Unless Pakistan veers towards acquisition of TB-2S or an upgrade of comm system to satellite comm for Beyond Line of Sight BLOS, the extended operational range is hard to achieve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom