What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

That is where the loss of the pantsir will be felt so another system is necessary that can act as a CIWS for the hq9.
I vaguely remember reading about a Chinese equivalent of Pantsir. With HQ9 and other Chinese air defense systems acquired prior...it would make sense to just go for that Chinese Pantsir equivalent(granted that it has a satisfactory performance after evaluation). It would be a nice plug and play with the rest of the Chinese origin air defense systems.

75AAB067-FF70-4430-ADCA-6EFC5356448F.png

Is this being used as a point defence system for HQ 9P? It is in video no one made a comment on it.

HQ-9 is a great option for Pakistan. The important question is which version does Pakistan have? The most advanced HQ-9 is more advanced than S-300p with an AESA radar but less than S-400. Whereas the most basic version is equal to S-300.
Also, in my opinion, HQ-9 should have been given to PAF instead of army air defence.
If Air Force force wants it, they can buy it. What do you mean “given to” 🤔

PAs HQ-9 version is as good as we need it to be, it’s pointless to discuss what version it is because we’ll likely never find out unless the army reveals it itself. Given the name however, it’s Likely HQ-9B with Pakistan-specific modifications.
View attachment 785250
Is this being used as a point defence system for HQ 9P? It is in no video no one made a comment on it.
It’s just there for display I assume. It’s an Orleikon GDF-007 35MM AA cannon.
I vaguely remember reading about a Chinese equivalent of Pantsir. With HQ9 and other Chinese air defense systems acquired prior...it would make sense to just go for that Chinese Pantsir equivalent(granted that it has a satisfactory performance after evaluation). It would be a nice plug and play with the rest of the Chinese origin air defense systems.
There isn’t exactly a Chinese equivalent to Pantsir. But they have other SRSAM systems we can look at.

Last edited:

I should not be worried about his English pronunciation, but this man and his family and the Bhutto clan have done more damage to the state of Pakistan then India could. Both families should be blasted into the air towards the sea somehow tied to the HQ 9 whenever they do the test practice to check the range of the missile.

If Air Force force wants it, they can buy it. What do you mean “given to” 🤔

PAs HQ-9 version is as good as we need it to be, it’s pointless to discuss what version it is because we’ll likely never find out unless the army reveals it itself. Given the name however, it’s Likely HQ-9B with Pakistan-specific modifications.

It’s just there for display I assume. It’s an Orleikon GDF-007 35MM AA cannon.

There isn’t exactly a Chinese equivalent to Pantsir. But they have other SRSAM systems we can look at.
FK1000 and FK2000?

We know the HQ9 or not, leave this on us. You must remember, this system along with JF17 block 3 , AWACS in network centric warfare will roast your newly imported God "rafale"

We should be cautious when speaking about God. There is none except Allah.

ON topic, I learned HQ9 has 196 missiles per battery... is that a realistic/accurate number? Seems like too many missiles per battery.
Pakistan is producing upgraded versions of Crotale inhouse for a few years now. Along with shorter range Anza equpped talhas. Very similar to the american philosophy is equipping hummers with stingers. Idea is you have a much higher chance of shooting down aircrafts on the front end of the battle field rather than having long range SAM batteries far behind the front lines having to differentiate between friends/foes in a highly complicated environment.

Long range SAM systems are best suited for defence against enemy airstrikes.

Considering the speed at which aircraft fly and the short duration during which a soldier can spot / must launch a stinger/Anza, how likely is that a foot soldier will neutralise an enemy aircraft? For rotary wings, it seems plausible but for fixed wings aircraft, what is kill probability?

Last edited:
That is where the loss of the pantsir will be felt so another system is necessary that can act as a CIWS for the hq9.

Just wait. You will get some good news in this regards.
It was inducted long time ago, its only being announced now after achieving FOC.

Agreed

Not sure how folks are missing this. The HQ9 was inducted long time ago.

ON topic, I learned HQ9 has 196 missiles per battery... is that a realistic/accurate number? Seems like too many missiles per battery.

Considering the speed at which aircraft fly and the short duration during which a soldier can spot / must launch a stinger/Anza, how likely is that a foot soldier will neutralise an enemy aircraft? For rotary wings, it seems plausible but for fixed wings aircraft, what is kill probability?
Sorry for the off topic.
You are right Sir, we must be cautious when we talk about Almighty Allah. But i was giving answer to a nation who always change gods when a new powerful came they start worship it and move on to next. In these days they have Rafale.
Now on topic
In PLA the battery consists 192 missile in a battery. They also have one command vehicle, six control vehicles, six target radar vehicles, six search radar vehicles and 48 missile launch vehicles. Each vehicle contain 4 missile so total 192 missile in a battery.

Last edited:
Crotales have been a long lasting systems these have served well in past
But having the New generation SAMs is a great Assurance , Alhamdulillah

I would imagine the Crotales could still make impact against some particular air targets

The Crotales and Anzas are still extremely capable systems. Last I heard the Crotales were upgraded to the 4000 standard and Pakistan is even producing its own domestic version in house. The Anza series has also been updated and has been placed on many different vehicles thoughout the PA.

In a realtime conflict I would bet you the Crotales/Anzas would still take out more IAF assets compared to other SAM systems.

There are just too many technologies around these days against SAMS. The induction of the HQ9Ps should be seen as an increase in strategic deterence. IAF Rafales/Mirages/ SU30s would think many times before coming anywhere near the border.

Furthermore people forget that inoperability between the PA/PLA will increase significantly with the introduction of joint systems such as the HQ9, J10C, VT4, e

In a dense war environment the front lines will be taking the brute of air strikes so it is only natural that they shoot down a large chunk. The US did a lot of studies during the cold war on this. That is why in Europe- NATO has thousands of hummers equipped with stingers and only a few dozen batteries of Hawks (short range 25km?) whereby the soviets had hundreds of much larger range SA-2, SA5s with much longer ranges.

The US expected to take out hundreds of soviet helis/jets in the first few hours of war using these hummers as point defence interceptors. All these studies are available online or youtube.

Back
Top Bottom