What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

And how will you modify the ships substructure to mount these radars, and not to speak GaN AESA radars consume more power than normal ones. So where will you find power? And then change the BMS software suite to have that along with re-doing electrical connection... In short its yok hayır...
I’ll leave it to the experts to figure it out...

Few words from Damen Official and Vice Admiral Abdul Aleem speeches, during launching ceremony.

It appears 1900 t is the standard displacement, 2300 t is full load.

I see enough space amidships to mount 2× triple or quad Harbah launchers.

Why only 2 tho, why bother getting an other type of ship, if your only gonna buy 2? 6-10 justifies acquiring a new system.

When PN was looking at Swiftships 75m Swift corvette, one of the company officials said the service was looking for 2 ships with an option of another two (at a later date).

The OPV/corvette contract, in the end, went to Damen.

Not possible as this will cause massive logistics problem. Netherlands (Dutch) is NATO country and will not allow Pakistan to use Chinese or any non-NATO items on its vessels. Pakistan is now having most of its naval arms from China. So, how will Pakistan arm the 2 vessel to the teeth? A special set of weapons and ammunition just for 2 hips will be too expensive

Refer post #33. Excerpt from CNS interview.

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

May look like this after fitment of weapons

IMG_3355.JPG

You to bro blessings many times over to you and your folks.

It’s for coastal patrol, so probably no.
Probably the role will be Anti Submarine and or Mine clearance along with coastal patrol.
Corvettes generally have one of the three main missions compared to frigates which can perform more than two main missions and nowadays destroyers can carry out all three
Namely ASW, AAW and ASuW

It appears 1900 t is the standard displacement, 2300 t is full load.

I see enough space amidships to mount 2× triple or quad Harbah launchers.

When PN was looking at Swiftships 75m Swift corvette, one of the company officials said the service was looking for 2 ships with an option of another two (at a later date).

The OPV/corvette contract, in the end, went to Damen.

Refer post #33. Excerpt from CNS interview.
So possibly 4?

There is enough room to put 4x4 or 8x8 ssm on the deck and 8x2 vlsam behind thrn76 mm gun

Looks like most of the weapons would come from type 21 ships ?? Harpoons ??
Phalanx ?? 6 type 21 plus additional phalanx were bought some went on tankers

Unless these pic are of 2400/2600 ton version

diff between versions 1900 vs 2400 vs 2600!tonnage and length varies as well
You can add mod section modules for the role you customize the ship

Last edited:
Modern electronics and weapons allow corvettes a far more versatile set of weaponry than before. Even 2 decades ago, this was not very possible, and corvettes could only have one of the three major areas covered. But now, being able to cover two of the areas effectively is quite possible.

In short, corvettes are the new frigates.

Back
Top Bottom