What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

Don't you guys think that PN has only ordered stealth feature ships like ADA , 54A and this one

What is the weapons package of it ??

will it be carrying CM is war times ?

CNS: PN has concluded a contract for acquisition of two OPVs last year. Both vessels will be constructed at Damen Shipyard Galati, Romania under the Bureau Veritas-class certification. OPV-I and II are planned to be inducted in the near future. They will be equipped with indigenously developed SSMs besides close-in weapon system, anti-aircraft guns and a modern EW suite. These OPVs will be employed for maritime security operations to contribute towards regional maritime security.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/top-brass-interview-cns-admiral-zafar-mahmood-abbasi.594843/

Two bro, it will be a very nice addition to our PN inshallah.
I hope they order 2 more....
Damien OPV, ADA and F22p would not be a maintenance nightmare... especially when the ADA are supposed to be built in house. These can supplement F22P block 2 pretty well.

Brothers this is a coastal patrol ship, an advanced one but will keep its scope of operations close to shore. It will not be a primary combat vessel, that's for the Ada, 054A and F-22P.
The Swiftships will also operate in the same role.

Brothers this is a coastal patrol ship, an advanced one but will keep its scope of operations close to shore. It will not be a primary combat vessel, that's for the Ada, 054A and F-22P.
The Swiftships will also operate in the same role.

True, but thought that the Swift ships order was cancelled ?

Last edited:
True, but thought that the Swift ships order was cancelled ?

No it's on bro.

Hi,

It is a Dutch company I believe---.

I will take the dutch ship builder over any other---.

Yes Dutch, with work being outsourced. The Dutch are very good on quality control so there's no danger of shoddy work here.

No it's on bro.

Yes Dutch, with work being outsourced. The Dutch are very good on quality control so there's no danger of shoddy work here.

Thanks brother as always good choice also , anyhow Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family !

Oh, I see
Still doesn't explain why we couldn't build this size of ship.

Yup, no amount of excuses are legitimate
Sahab, for that we need advanced material and metallurgy capability , magar hum tou apni aik steel mill bhi nahi qaim rakh sakay!
Besides the other ships we do build locally with tot; they are larger orders and get kits from aboard , for smaller orders companies don't prefer giving tot and want their own workers to build so they get more profit

Don't worry, IMF khan will block all such projects, in much worse way than Asif Ali Zardari did.

Back
Top Bottom