What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

Hi,

It is a Dutch company I believe---.

I will take the dutch ship builder over any other---.
How come? This isnt the 1800s where their the only ones that can build decent ships

Its gonna be armed to the teeth.
Why only 2 tho, why bother getting an other type of ship, if your only gonna buy 2? 6-10 justifies acquiring a new system.

Sahab, for that we need advanced material and metallurgy capability , magar hum tou apni aik steel mill bhi nahi qaim rakh sakay!
Besides the other ships we do build locally with tot; they are larger orders and get kits from aboard , for smaller orders companies don't prefer giving tot and want their own workers to build so they get more profit
The ships the are build in Karachi look like absolute shiz, the azmat class or what not

I had this same question.
I dont know, bud. This looks shady me

A modest Patrol Boat , 40 days range near coastal areas needs decent ship
We have to be modest in what we purchased

It is not ... a battle cruiser

While it is an OPV and will be used as such for the majority of its career, in time of conflict, it may be called upon to serve as a front-line vessel. It appears this design may have enough space on top of the helicopter hanger for a FL-3000N system. The Type 054A is meant to protect itself and ships around it, but a modest self defense capability on smaller ships could be the difference between sinking and living to serve another day.

Depending on the space and funds available; the PN could pick from any of these three sizes. It would not be all that different in how the Type 056 Corvettes are protected. The FL-3000N missile can be improved over the coming years to counter the ever growing threat from the likes Brahmos and its ilk.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PnzAVnfNDmU/ULJqNLQvw7I/AAAAAAAAAgw/B_qo7gnndpw/s1600/FL-3000N_CIWS_2.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...56_corvette_FL-3000N_8-round_SAM_launcher.jpg

Its gonna be armed to the teeth.
Not possible as this will cause massive logistics problem. Netherlands (Dutch) is NATO country and will not allow Pakistan to use Chinese or any non-NATO items on its vessels. Pakistan is now having most of its naval arms from China. So, how will Pakistan arm the 2 vessel to the teeth? A special set of weapons and ammunition just for 2 hips will be too expensive

Not possible as this will cause massive logistics problem. Netherlands (Dutch) is NATO country and will not allow Pakistan to use Chinese or any non-NATO items on its vessels. Pakistan is now having most of its naval arms from China. So, how will Pakistan arm the 2 vessel to the teeth? A special set of weapons and ammunition just for 2 hips will be too expensive
If not possible then this looks shady. I mean why the hell we brought them if we can build an opv locally?

Hopefully, ASELSAN CAFRAD GaN based phase array radar systems gets installed in these boats....

And how will you modify the ships substructure to mount these radars, and not to speak GaN AESA radars consume more power than normal ones. So where will you find power? And then change the BMS software suite to have that along with re-doing electrical connection... In short its yok hayır...

Back
Top Bottom